z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky felt a bit of the tension release from her shoulders. She'd wanted to ask to have her room switched, but was afraid it was too bold. It was nice that Loquitur offered. At the very least, Aleth wouldn't just be able to sneak next door to hurt them. It would take him a fair bit of effort... which would hopefully be too much to make it worth it.

"Yes, sir," Ky answered quickly. "Thank you, sir."

She doubted she'd sleep, but maybe she'd actually be able to relax a bit more, knowing that they were a floor away from the monster.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He dipped his head. "Looks like he's not fit to get up for awhile. I'd try not to worry too much, as useless as that advice is." Tomhas smiled awkwardly. "Once Tadaaki's healed you won't have to stay here at all."

(This keeps reminding me of all the times Sirius promised Harry he would be happy at Grimauld place and then died two books after they met)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:54 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(ahah bad omen)

Ky nodded quickly, though a fresh pang of worry shot through her. She very much felt like a lost puppy without a master at that point, and didn't know what to do with it. Neither she nor Tadaaki were fit to make any decisions for themselves at that point. She'd only been a child, and he'd only been a teenager, when Aleth yanked them away from their families. It was going to take far longer than a week to learn how people without masters were supposed to function. She hoped he hadn't changed his mind about letting them come with him."Because we'll be going to Caracal Keep...? Sir?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That's right." Tomhas nodded, glancing warily at Alexander and Aleth. "Er...is he conscious?" he called to Alexander.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky hoped he wasn't. And then felt bad that she hoped that. And then confused about why she felt bad. She certainly didn't want anyone to be hurt badly enough they were unconscious but... she also didn't want to be under Aleth's critical gaze ever again.

She silently slipped her hand into Tadaaki's and gave it a gentle squeeze of reassurance, though who she was reassuring was anyone's guess.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Not enough to hear what you're saying," Alexander replied. A pair of soldiers came out with a stretcher and a blanket. They helped roll Aleth onto it, covered him with the blanket, and carried him into the Keep.
"Tarr made a real mess of him," Tomhas mused. "I guess I should be pleased." Oddly enough, he wasn't.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:16 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I don't think I'll ever enjoy violence," Ky answered gently, shrugging. Pleased was a strong word. As much as she hated Aleth, there was still something inside her that grieved at that much pain. "But it is nice to know that he's not invincible. That hasn't felt true in a very long time."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Nobody's invincible," Tomhas mused. "Nobody." He remembered coming with Gaius to see their brother's body. Michael had seemed so small then, and pale
The line where the sword had gone through his throat was raised slightly, and puckered like a pair of lips.
That was one of the only times Tomhas saw Gaius laugh.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes, sir," Ky agreed. Aleth was the only person who had ever seemed so. She of course thought that that was true of her Papa when she'd been a child, but now, he was dead. And even someone as big as Tadaaki could be crippled by someone as cruel as Aleth. But now Aleth had been brought to his own knees by Tarr. "I suppose there will always be someone stronger who can come along."

Even though almost everyone was stronger than Ky. She had a fair bit of muscle from growing up on a farm -- and had been in her fair share of fights. But now she was far too scared to fight anyone. Ever.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:29 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas nodded, sighing. "Right. Let's get inside; it's freezing." He wrapped his cloak around himself.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:32 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Yes, sir." Ky kept her fingers laced through Tadaaki's, but wasn't quite sure why. Aleth never allowed any display of, well, any emotion, really. The only semblance of kindness either of them got was from each other, and never in public. But, she supposed this was another thing she was starting to feel bolder about. But she stared at the bloody snow uneasily as they started to walk past it. Aleth was so close to being gone, yet so, so close too.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas headed for the Keep, shivering. "Damned winter."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:37 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky smiled a bit, following after him. It would be nice to not have to shamelessly flatter everyone here on their beautiful country, even though she'd been frozen every moment since before they'd even arrived. It was such a biting cold. And she didn't like having to pretend that it wasn't. "Are the summers nicer, sir?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:43 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Nope." Tomhas moved briskly down the hall. "Just less frozen and more snowy. Gets up about to about ten degrees above zero on the hottest days."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Well, that was disappointing. She'd miss the warmth of the Coast back home for as long as she was away from it. But it'd be worth it to be safe under Loquitur's care, no matter how cold the country. "Ah, well... at least the fires are warm."

[they/he]

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl