z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:54 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Pratik nodded. What a sorry excuse of a man Tarr must be if a little girl could outwit him. "Doesn't seem too terribly difficult to get in, then. Can Roland receive messages as well, so I'll know when you want me to come back?"

(Also can I just say how funny it is to me that both Loquitur and Ash are like "ah, yes, let's send you in undercover as a slave" xD Same brain)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Two sides of the same coin, they are XD Very clever boys)

Gaius nodded. "It's trickier than him sending messages, but it can be done. I'll rarely correspond; there's too much risk surrounding that."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Fair enough..." Pratik thought a moment. "Alright, so what can you tell me about this Tarr fellow? Ithicus, was it?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He's proud and stupid," Gaius replied. "Only eighteen; his father died last year. His mother and sister still live with him but he banished his brothers from the territory. He's married to my niece, Lyra, who is fourteen. Tarr's known to be rash and prone to violence; he'll abuse his allies and challenge anyone who he perceives as a threat to his strength. That being said, he's useful as a pawn and a muscle man."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"He banished children?" Pratik raised his eyebrows. If Tarr was the Lord, then he was presumably the oldest. And sending boys younger than eighteen out to fend for themselves seemed like a dick move.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"My brother did the same to me and Tomhas," Gaius said with a shrug. "Tomhas was a child, too. It's the way of most Lords. The safest insurance that they'll have security in their rule."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Sounds like the way to ensure your brothers will definitely want to assassinate you when they grow up," Pratik mused. Then again, what did he know about brothers? Or having a home to be banished from. "So, do younger brothers just plan on being banished from the start, then?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Unless they're quite close with their sibling, yes. I had no doubt in my mind about where I would end up, but I made sure that when I became Lord, Tomhas had a place to stay."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:41 am
View Likes
Shady says...

That was actually somewhat endearing. Pratik smiled a bit, barely visible, and nodded slowly. This war must be about something serious, then, if they'd been that close to one another growing up and now wanted to kill each other. "I'm guessing you had a falling-out once you both became Lords?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"We won't speak of that." Gaius shifted a few papers to the side, lips pressed into a thin line. "Stick to things that will help you on this mission, if you would be so kind."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:50 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Alright," Pratik said simply. Maybe Tarr would know what in the world had happened between Ash and Loquitur. Either way, he wasn't going to test his luck twice in one morning. "And what other things will help me on this mission?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"As I said before, play up the obedience and such. Become a shadow on the wall. That will yield the most information and you'll be safer that way. Don't speak unless spoken to, all that. I trust you're familiar with the slave trade." Gaius was, unfortunately. His father had dealt in it, as had Michael. He had been forced to sit through many an auction and he knew what slave masters were looking for.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:18 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Unfortunately, yes." Pratik wrinkled his nose. "I won't take any part of it, but I've bought the freedom of a few slaves, so I've seen enough. And, I suppose it'll aid us with this plan, so a singular good thing comes from it."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Excellent. You know what to do, then." Gaius leaned back in his chair. "I have nothing else much to say; I know you have experience with pain so I won't tell you how to cope with it. Just be prepared for unkindness."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Always," Pratik answered, inclining his head. Kindness was far more jarring to him than unkindness would ever be. He'd grown to expect that.

(Do you wanna time skippy over to Aleth and Tarr/Loquitur or nah?)

[they/he]

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte