z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 12)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"How do we feel about you?" he asked.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Is this level two of the coddle-Ky game?" she asked dryly.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"If we were coddling you we'd have you wrapped in blankets and sucking on a baby bottle," Emery said scornfully. "I'm just curious."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:48 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"You're all fretting like mother hens over me," she said, looking away. "Well, Sara is. And Sera, a bit, too. I think I've triggered their maternal instincts somehow, even though I'm old. You and Tadaaki are treating me like I'm a tiny kitten at risk of starving to death in the cold. And Gaius..." She sighed, shaking her head. She wished she wouldn't have mentioned him. He was complicated. "I don't know. You're all worried and are trying to turn me into your pet project of someone you can fix. But I'm not fixable."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Only you can fix you," Emery disagreed. "I think mostly we're all unsure of how to help you get started with that. I mean...you're never going to heal completely. Nobody just does that. But you don't seem to even be trying. You're acting like you've given up and that worries all of us. I'm sorry if we're being a bit overzealous...is there some way we can improve without leaving you alone completely?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:53 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky was silent for a long moment, considering. She hadn't actually expected any of them to ask her that. It felt like everything she said she felt or wanted was ignored in favor of what they assumed she felt or thought she should want. So she wasn't sure how to answer. "... I don't know."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Can you give it some thought and get back to me or maybe sit down with your aunt and uncle at some point to explain what you need from them? Because it's important that we're not just rolling over you when you have something you want."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"...maybe," Ky agreed. "...I'll think about it." She thought about her eavesdropped conversation all those weeks ago, before she'd turned into the devil. "Sara seems to think that she and Tomhas are the only ones who can fix me. That Gaius just needs to deal with me until I go home. And... well... I...I don't know. Nevermind. That's dumb." She shouldn't have brought this up, even though it'd been living in her head rent-free ever since.

You talk to her.

You deal with her.

Let me and Tomhas fix her.

All the words they'd spoken truthfully with no idea she'd been there to hear them.

You couldn't convince her that that wasn't how they felt. They'd said it themselves.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:33 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, she's wrong. Like I said before, none of us can do anything to help, really, unless you let us. You fix yourself. We just kind of....try to support you and help you along. We just need to know what you want us to do."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:44 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded. She wanted them to leave her alone to rot. But that answer seemed to be upsetting him, so she stayed quiet instead. Perhaps she should have thought twice about the honey comb; she wasn’t hungry anyway.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:47 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He headed into the kitchen, greeting the cooks and assistants cheerily.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:51 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky followed after him quietly, nodding to them but doing her best not to actually make eye contact with anyone.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:52 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He reached the pantry and made a beeline for the wrapped honeycomb in the back.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:55 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Boooo)

Ky hesitated awkwardly a few steps back, leaning against the wall. She needed to think up some way to make Emery start talking so that he’d stop trying to pry stuff out of her. She wasn’t interested in talking about herself. What was wrong with her. How broken she was.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:02 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(OH oopsie)

He pulled out two packets and offered her one.

she/her

you should no this
— Hijinks