z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 7)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:22 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Of course." Ky nodded. "I wouldn't get to that level of proficiency, even if you were." She offered a little smile. "But it'll be nice to talk with you more while we're learning from each other."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I can't promise I'll be a very good conversation partner, but I'll do my best." He rocked back sheepishly. "I'm sorry. I will try."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded, not sure what he was apologizing for. But she was getting sick of getting told to stop apologizing, so she wasn't going to tell him he couldn't. "It's all we could ask." She smiled.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Yes, miss." He glanced at Sera, who gave him an encouraging nod. "Er...some of the others expressed interest in meeting you properly as well. Imali, specifically. And Ivar and I think May might benefit from an outside face."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:36 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky grinned. "I'd like that!"

Maybe she'd already partially won Ivar over if he was in favor of her speaking to May. He seemed to be a guard dog with his hackles raised at baseline, waiting for a reason to snap at someone.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I believe they stick to the fifth and fourth floors," Rickard replied, pleased. "If you feel like stopping by I'm sure they'd appreciate it. And I can help with translation for Imali. Since she can only write in glyphs."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:41 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I appreciate it," Ky said with a smile and a nod. "I don't want to invade their space, but if they'd like to meet up, I'm happy to do that anytime... Like, I'll go if I'm invited. Just don't wanna impose on their space if they'd rather meet in a neutral place."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:44 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I understand." He dipped his head. "Would you like me to speak to them for you, miss?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:45 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"If you like." Ky smiled. "Or... er... I mean, we'll probably see each other at meals? Or... I don't know. Haven't found the rhythm of this place yet. Whatever you think is best."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'm usually here," Rickard admitted. "Sometimes in the library, but I don't like to impose on the rest of the castle. I'll be here if you need to find me, except today. Like Sera said, we're going to the village."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I understand." Ky nodded.

She hadn't really had much chance yet to figure things out, but she expected she'd spend most of her time between the library and her bedroom. Maybe in the artifact room, if that stayed an option. And training. And that would probably be it. Keeps were entirely too large for comfort, and it wasn't like she'd have the possibility of running into Tomhas or Anneke or any of her siblings aside from Lyra -- she assumed Lyra, too, wouldn't be doing a lot of wandering and certainly wouldn't be chaotic even if she did -- so what was the point?

It was probably best to just hunker down and wait out the calendar to see how long she had to wait before she could go back to a happy Keep.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Rickard rubbed at the cover of his book, glancing up at her. "And I'll...er, well..." He flushed again, wincing at himself. "Nevermind. I'm sorry."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:58 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"You'll?" Ky prompted gently, voice quiet and facial expression soft and curious.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He took a few deep breaths, closing his eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be asking you for things."
"You might as well now," Sera prompted gently. "You've already started. Rickard nodded tightly, clutching at the book. He sat there for another moment, then opened his eyes, though he kept them fixed on the ground.
"I...if you still think I should learn to read, I'd like to learn. All you need is to send for me, miss."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Of course!" Ky grinned at him, nodding encouragingly. "I like teaching. It'll be fun." She considered for a moment. "You'll pick it up quickly, I think. You just have to learn what letters make what sound. The hardest part of reading is knowing what all the words actually mean, and you've got an extensive vocabulary. I think you'll pick it up quickly."

[they/he]

English is just three languages in a trenchcoat.
— KateHardy