The Wonderland Rift

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:01 pm
Pencil2paper says...

oops. ok.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm
Trinity9001 says...

Jasper(Jabberwocky)

I've always had to do the queen’s dirty work, be it an assassination or a simple robbery. I don’t think she cares about anything but the safety of her and her precious kingdom. That’s probably why she hates the rebels so much, they threaten her safety and she wishes to destroy every last one of them.

I don’t normally care for wars, but in this case, I’m rooting for the rebels. If they win, I might finally be able to gain my freedom, unless that Alex wishes to enslave me just as the queen has.

“Jasper” I hear a seductive voice say behind me. I turn around, dagger in hand, and find myself face to face with the queen.
I drop the dagger and quickly get down on one knee, eyes to the floor, “Sorry, your majesty I didn't know it was you.”

“It’s quite alright Jasper,” She puts a finger under my chin and lifts my head, her face centimeters from mine. “But if you ever pull a dagger on me again, I will have the Bandersnatch gouge your eyes out.” The queen turns around and starts walking away from me, “Do we understand each other,” she yells.

I lower my head once more, “Completely, your majesty.”
She suddenly stops and turns around “Oh, I almost forgot, I have an assignment for you”

She starts walking towards me, a smile on her face, “There’s someone I need you to kill.”
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:54 pm
Sionarama says...

Alcander (White Rabbit)

Ever since the news of the rebel forces gaining power whispered into the Queen's ears, she has had me scurrying about, trying to find a spy or a certain soldier. One man in particular was on my agenda and I had been using my power of sleight time manipulation all day to find him.

Lord Lordshire. But ahh! I had arrived too late, he was already offering the boys his service. I hurridly turned counter clockwise in a circle and there I was a minute before he extended his services. I had to act on behalf of my queen.

"Lord Lordshire!" I whispered into his ear. He turned around startled, about to yell, when I moved time three minutes ahead. The Lord let out a scream--but it was too late. The boys had already left.

"Now, why in hell did you do that?!"
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:55 pm
ERANBEAR says...

Alex

I was rifling through the ammunition. It all seemed ok. With some cleaning, this shit could be perfect. Why the fuck would that bitch leave all this stuff here? Was this an abandoned training facility for Heart soldiers? Was this a prison for people like me? I went to the hangar to grab some gasoline to start a fire. It is always cold here in the city. At least to me it is. Of course I'm from the country. But when I went, none of the vehicles had gasoline. "Fuck!" Alex came rushing towards me. He had this puzzled look on his face, studying my eyes.
They say the world is your oyster; but what if you keep kosher?

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 am
veeren says...

Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

"Dammit Rabbit! The hell did you do that for?" I said, with genuine rage.

The boys were gone, and I had to find them again, but I had a feeling this rabbit wouldn't be letting me go anywhere anytime soon. So I had to play it cool. I fixed my self up, making my face look normal, standing straight, and letting my stick look the way it normally does.

"What is it you could possibly want? Does the queen need something because I'm rather busy."

I knew he could move time, which is how he made the boys escape, but it was my goal not to let him do it again. In fact, I started to think of how he could become rather useful to me.

"You know, a man like yourself shouldn't be walking around in a place where rebels walk around so freely. Even a big man like you should know how dangerous these rebels are."
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 am
AlmondEyes says...

Don't forget to check in on the DT!!! A lot of things need to be discussed.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95601&p=1084750#p1084750
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:33 pm
Alvarin says...

The White Queen, Miranda Marble

Miranda was bored, a rather dangerous mood for her. She wanted to go and stab her sister in the face, but she couldn't get past the guards alone and the rebels were sooooo slow.

The sound of ripping fabric caught her attention, and when she looked down at her hands she noticed that she had ripped the head from the doll that she was holding. Whoops. She continued with ripping the arms of, and then the legs.

She found it painstaking to just sit around and wait, glaring at Alex and Alex while they took a look around the new place. When the only thing left of the doll was thread and stuffing she tossed it to the ground and got down from the back of the truck that she had been sitting on, picked up her shotgun and tossed it over her shoulder and then started to walk around the building aimlessly.

Since she had nothing to do, nothing to focus on her mind began to wander. Squeak, squeak. She didn't want to think of the past, of the sister that had betrayed Squeak, squeak. her and the castle that she had been banished from, it hurt. Squeak, sque.. BOOM!

She twitched, startled by the sudden noice. The gooey remnants of a rat that she had just blasted into oblivion were sprayed over the concrete wall. For a moment she just stared at the shotgun, trying to remember when she had decided too kill it, then she shrugged and tossed it over her shoulder again. One rat less in this nasty place, and it did make her feel a bit better.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 pm
Shady says...

Yamani (Queen of Hearts)

I soundlessly crept through the dark palace halls, my skirts tucked into a pair of trousers I had lifted from the barracks. I'd have words with the Captian of the Guard later- it shouldn't have been so easy for me to come and go as I pleased, not without getting stopped and checked.

It would be easy for Minerva to sneak into my palace. I shook my head in distaste. I need that threat eliminated.

I quietly move through corridors and empty chambers, checking all of the places I knew my 'loyal' assassin frequented. I smiled to myself. I let him believe that I thought him as loyal as he chose to portray himself- being careful not to let him see me monitoring his every move.

I silently crept up behind him. "Jasper," I whisper.

He whirls around, dagger in hand. His eyes grow wide and he drops the dagger, falling to his knee, eyes on the floor. "Sorry, your majesty I didn't know it was you."

“It’s quite alright Jasper,” I smile crookedly and lift his head, moving my face close to his. "But if you ever pull a dagger on me again, I will have the Bandersnatch gouge your eyes out.”

I turn from his comical expression, and start away from him. “Do we understand each other?" I ask briskly.

“Completely, your majesty.”

I stop and turn around. "Oh, I almost forgot, I have an assignment for you."

He nods.

"There's someone I need you to kill."

His face hardens. "Your majesty?"

"Can you get to Minerva?" I asked.

His eyes flicked, thinking. "No, your majesty."

"Oh...well do you have any idea where she is?"

"...No, your majesty."

He knows exactly where she is.

"Hmm...can you get me a Rebel soldier? For interrogation?"

He watched me uncertainly. I gazed at him evenly, though I was unsure whether he'd consent, or grab the dagger up and leap at me. The perfect time to declare your true alliance.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"Yes, your majesty."

"Very good," I nod at him. "Carry on."

I slink into the shadows, considering his expressions and answers, contemplating my neck move- whether it would include him killing someone for me, or if I would have to find someone else to eliminate him.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 pm
TaylorLove says...

Teresa/ Tristan

Teresa walked down the red carpeted hallway, full of rage. "Tristan would you stop lecturing me about being in the war. I am doing it for you." She exclaimed talking to Tristan in her head.

"I am glad it happened to me. I could stand it if Jessica got hurt." He tried to explain to her.

"Well I am not okay what the rebels did and I am not go to let them win after the only good thing they took away from me." She screamed. People stare at her as she rants on and on down the hallway.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 am
Sionarama says...

Alcander (White Rabbit)

"You know, a man like yourself shouldn't be walking around in a place where rebels walk around so freely. Even a big man like you should know how dangerous these rebels are." Lord Lordshire suddenly turned his voice from a raspy hatred to a smooth, almost sultry, voice. I knew what he was doing, but I could not help my feelings. It had been so long since I had any romantic contact and I just couldn't help myself.

I kept staring at the Lord. Suddenly I noticed his clear pale skin, unkempt bed hair, the five o'clock shadow...after an eyebrow raise fit to make me blush, I found my voice.

"Yeah, I know. I can take care of myself. You know, the whole time thing and all." Goddamit. I was already softening over. Come on, Al, stay strong! "Anyways, the Queen of Hearts herself has a proposition for you that comes with a reward far much greater than these poor rebels can give you. She has extended her favor on you and would love to have a nice chat at the feast tonight. Beforehand we will relax and chat in my quarters while we await Her Majesties' beckoning. Care to join? If not," I flashed my umbrella, sending a signal that I'm not as weak as I might seem.

He would be a fool to not accept, even if he was trying to play me, but I stood my ground all the same-ready for a fight and hoping it would not have to happen.
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:15 am
veeren says...

Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

"Care to join? If not," he flashed my umbrella, sending a signal that he's not as weak as he might seem.
We both knew he didn't want a fight, he always seemed like a big softee to me.

"The Queen herself? I don't know if I should be flattered or scared." I said to him. "But if you came all the way out here to invite me, I guess I'd be obliged to accept wouldn't I."

I smiled at him and watched as he tried hard not to blush. I pointed down the road with my stick and said, "Lead the way, Mister Alcander."
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 am
FruityBickel says...

Alex

I tilted my head at Alex, looking into his eyes, trying to figure out why he was upset. "Is there a problem, redn-" I caught myself quickly, flinching away from his grasp. "I mean, is there a problem, sir?"

He frowned at me, reaching for me. I flinched again, stepping backward, away from him, and he grabbed me by the back of my neck. I yelped. He quickly let go, eyes bewildered. I straightened, realizing that my high was coming off. I would have to go shoot up soon.

"Sorry," I murmured, feeling his eyes inspect me. I cleared my throat. "Anyway, what's wrong?"

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Adonis
I took a drag from my newly rolled cigarette and watched an old man limp along on the other side of the street.

I raised my eyebrows, ready to follow him, but stilled when I saw another man run up.

The future had just been changed, and no one would ever know that this moment had come just before a turning point in history.

I saw two boys slip through a dark alley and slowly followed.

They disappeared, and I smirked at the obvious illusion, studying the building. I looked up at the the needle on the top of the skyscraper and down at the trash covered sidewalk. I glanced down a storm drain and stuck my staff through the grill, running it along the wall. I grinned at a soft click and watched as the wall parted to allow a fairly tall, broad man to pass unhindered. I did so easily and heard the soft snick as the wall came back together.

I started at a gunshot and raised an eyebrow as it echoed around the building. I certainly hoped the building hadn't already been infiltrated by the Hearts. It had taken the rebels long enough just to find this ruin.

A woman, in a white dress passed, and I dropped by cigarette on the cement floor, crushing it below my shoe. "You Highness," I called and blinked slowly when she whipped her gun off of her shoulder and aimed it at me.

A picture of the young faced beauty, hair waving in the breeze, white skin marred by a streak of gore, a grimace of blood lust stamped on her face, waving her shot gun above her head burned bright in my mind. "Your wings will be wet with blood," I said before I could stop myself.

She frowned, but I decided not to clarify.

"I will act as your physician and psychic," I announced simply and began to walk past her, ready to tour my new abode.
Test

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 am
Alvarin says...

The White Queen, Miranda Marble

"Like I need any of that," she grumbled but tossed the shotgun over her shoulder again and followed him into the building. Wings? What did he mean by that.. Maybe she should wear some wings. It would look cute on her after all. She shook her head, trying to focus on what lay ahead of her. Could she really trust the old man? Probably not, but at least he would be easy to kill, leaving his back open to her like that. Idiot.

She spotted the two Alexes again and watched them with a raised eyebrow. The way they were acting towards each other was.. Peculiar, to say the least. It made her uncomfortable, not only because they were too serious, but because she felt a growing suspicion towards them. Though that happened every time she tried to trust someone, so it was probably just her paranoia.. She decided to tease them a bit, just in case, and walked over.

"So you finally noticed that there's no gas in any of the cars?" she said with her big innocent eyes looking up at the leader-Alex. "Did you also notice that the ammo seems to've been tampered with? Now, who did you say it was that showed you this place? 'Cause it seems to me like that person wants us to blow our brains out."

She smiled sweetly, curious about the response she might get. But as much as she just wanted to start an argument between the two, she also felt the need to flush out any traitors. She had made the mistake of trusting the wrong person once, and she certainly didn't intend to make the same mistake again.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 am
Trinity9001 says...

Jasper (Jabberwocky)

Once the queen leaves I give a sigh of relief. I thought she would definitely find out where my true allegiances lie. For I knew where Miranda was hiding, but if the red queen ever found out she would have her killed. If the white queen was killed, the rebels would lose hope and this war would end before it even begun.

A lowly rebel soldier on the other hand wouldn’t affect the war in the slightest. I just had to find one who didn’t know much and deliver him in the hands of the queen, that shouldn’t be too hard.

I walked into town and made my way towards the tavern, that’s where most of the rebel soldiers liked to hang out in their free time. I spotted an empty table in the far back of the room that would make an excellent hideout. I sat down and took a look around. I rarely visit taverns, so the alien atmosphere kept me on my guard at all times.

A man walks in to the tavern and sits at a table towards the front of the room. He couldn’t have been more than 18, with his short blonde hair and green eyes that matched the color of grass on a summer’s day. He has this dazed kind of look I know right then that he’s my target. He orders a drink, but leaves before it even arrives. I get up to follow him but a man cuts me off.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asks.

“That’s none of your concern,” I reply, annoyed. This is why I hate taverns; everyone thinks they’re so tough when in reality they’re nothing but drunken men with an attitude.

“Well, well, we got a smart mouth over here,” he takes a step towards me, “You should really learn some manners.” He then takes a swing at me; I dodge and counter with an uppercut to his abdomen. He doubles over, holding his gut. I ignore all the frightened stares the other men give me and walk out of the tavern, hoping my prey hasn't escaped from my grasp.

I stand outside the tavern door and search the darkness for any sign of movement. I climb up on the rooftops and search for the blonde haired boy, but I can’t find him.

“Dammit,” I mutter, the red queen really is going to kill me this time. She expected results and fast, I had lost my only target and I couldn't go back in the tavern, not after what I’d done. I sit back on the roof, what should I do now? I think to myself.

Kill her, a voice in my head says. Then you’ll finally be free. I shake my head, knowing that was the Jabberwocky talking, not me. Killing her would be suicide and I had no intention of dying.

I stand up and begin to scale the rooftops, hoping to find a rebel soldier before the night is up.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

Who knew Kansas City had its own branch of the Yakuza?
— Jason Sudeikis