z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 4)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:36 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Tadaaki laughed, blushing a bit at the thought of a Lord thinking he could make anything even remotely acceptable to have in a Keep. "Oh, I didn't say I was any good -- just that I'm having a good time with it."

"He's lying," Aashi cut in, distracted from fawning over Ky. "His work is impeccable-- it'd be fit for a king!"

"Aashi," Tadaaki scolded, blushing even more. He looked apologetically at Tomhas. "She has a flair for drama."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:37 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Aha, but I believe her! I'll put in a good word for you with King Harold if you like." He was teasing at this point--perhaps it was a bit cruel, but he hoped Tadaaki would take it for what it was.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:41 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Tadaaki's eyes went wide, panic surging through him. Then he realized Tomhas was joking... at least he hoped he was joking... and he forced a laugh. "I'm not sure I've got enough time to carve enough bowls for a castle," he joked.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas chuckled. "I'll restrain myself, then." They were nearing the dining hall.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Tadaaki looked up ahead. "Your family is here?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Yep. My wife, children, in-laws, and my brother." Tomhas pushed open the door. "I'll fetch them in a second." He gestured to the long table. "In the meantime, you all take a seat somewhere; I'll talk to the cook and get an estimated time of eating and bring everybody else in. Sound good?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:55 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Sounds perfect, thanks!" Tadaaki said, nodding to him. But then he stepped back awkwardly and looked to Ky for instructions on where to sit. Was there a certain order they were supposed to sit in? He didn't know.

Ky hesitated. She also didn't know. She knew where she usually sat at meals; but she hadn't dined with any of these new people -- at least in this room -- to know how that might change seating decorum.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:59 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Anneliese took a seat near the head of the table, a couple seats away from it. Lyra and Ky would take the other seats, while her mother would sit on the other side with the boys to help them eat. She guessed her uncle and aunt and their children would be next in line, and her other uncle and grandaunt would be on the other side near Peter and Oscar.
"I'll see you in a few minutes!" Tomhas bounded off.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(lmao are you gonna put Ky beside a pissy Ash xD)

Ky strode forward, wishing the others were already seated so she didn't have to try to figure this out herself. She looked at Anneliese, feeling stupid. "We all stay in our normal spots?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Omg maybe but it depends on where Tadaaki and his family decide to sit)

"I guess so." Anneliese shrugged. "I'm just going with what we did when the King came one time. He sat right next to Mother and Oscar was on Father's side, because he was just a baby and he splattered Count Hill one time."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"The King's been here?" Ky looked at her with wide eyes, taken off guard. Somehow, that option hadn't occurred to her before now. "Your father doesn't just go to the palace?"

(lowkey excited to have Aashi on Ash action lmao)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh. My. Gosh. Yes. Unstoppable force meets immovable object)

"Well, most of the time, yes! But once in awhile King Harold will come here for whatever reason--politics and all that boring stuff. He'll stay a week or so, then go back home. He's really nice and super handsome!"
"I saw a painting of him once," Wick mused. "Or a sketch, really. He's got a good jawline under the beard, for certain."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(hahahaha)

Spoiler! :

Ky blinked at her. She would simply perish if Harold ever came back. Could she fake the flu for a full week to avoid him? She'd certainly try.

She was also startled by the comments on his appearance. He wasn't particularly young, was he? She didn't like to think about nobility being attractive. It just felt weird. "Oh?"

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(She's exactly the right person to sit beside Gaius, I love it)

"I'm pretty sure he's the first heartthrob this Realm has had as a ruler," Wick said seriously. "I don't even like men and he's something."
"His son Prince Basil is even more handsome," Anneliese said wistfully. "And he's an amazing horse rider, too."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:20 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Let's do that, then xD Gaius will just be -_- the whole time hahaha)

Ky felt herself blushing with second-hand embarrassment. Now things really would be awkward if by some nightmare she couldn't avoid interaction with the man. What, with all these thoughts poisoning her mind.

"Admirable," Ky answered awkwardly.

(approximate ages?)

[they/he]

I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda