z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 13)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:17 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Okay fair… but also no xD there are social expectations to get ahead in careers lol now is completely optional will not reflect badly on me socialization so I feel more in control than when it seems required)

Why did he look so sick to see her? She dropped her gaze and hesitantly shuffled towards the table, trying to decide where to sit. She cast an anxious glance around the room despite herself to see if there were any ghosts.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh okay that makes sense.)

"You can sit in my spot," Sara said. "It's got a good view of the door."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded silently, deciding it wasn’t worth re-hashing this argument, and sat down. Tadaaki watched her, expression just short of suspicion. Something was going on with her; he’d need to press her about it later. Why was she taking Sara’s seat? Why did she need to see the door? Why did she look like death warmed over?

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sara sat down beside her. The children were already on her right with Sera on the other side. Most everyone had seated themselves at this point.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:26 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky reluctantly began serving herself, glancing at Gaius’s plate as a point of comparison to see how much she had to eat.

Her anxiety was mounting with each moment she was in here, next to him in awkward silence. She needed to make a request. And she needed to do it before she got in her own head about it and lost the nerve. She glanced at Gaius. “May I start my sparring lessons with Captain Bay?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:31 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius had been working up the nerve to pick up his fork and eat, but he leaped at the chance to distract himself. "Certainly," he said. "I'm glad you asked; I wondered when you would."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded. “…I think it’s time.”

She wouldn’t have, had things stayed stabled. But she needed something to give her at least a fighting chance. If she was going to be on her own in this place, she needed to be self-sufficient.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He dipped his head, studying her for a second. "Any idea what weapon you'll start with?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“…I was working with a short sword before… probably makes sense to start back there… unless you think I should start elsewhere?” Would something else be faster? She wished Ka’Nor was here.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That seems as good a place to start as any." He shrugged. "It's been a very long time since I've sparred; short swords seem like a logical beginning weapon."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Good.” Ky nodded. “Then I’ll start back there… if he’s still willing. I know it’s been a while. But if he’s not too busy now.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'm sure he's perfectly willing. Captain Bay is a patient man."
"He is indeed!" Tomhas strode in through the door. "What's up?" He caught sight of Ky and smiled quickly.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky forced a little smile for his benefit. “I’m going to take up sparring lessons.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"That's great!" His face lit up. "That's a great pastime. Good for you, Ky." He sat down across from her at Gaius's left.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:55 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah.” She maintained the forced smile. She’d rather him be naive than concerned; this was good. “How are you?”

[they/he]

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness