z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 13)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

She nodded in agreement. "Hopefully things work out, but they do suck right now."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:23 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded, too. “I hope they’re just rolling over and sort of drowsy right now but are going back to sleep. That would be best.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:24 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sara smiled slightly. "That's a funny thought. Let's hope that's the case. Gaius doesn't seem to think so, though."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:28 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky’s expression got even more sullen. “…yeah… that’d be too good of luck. Especially for me.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Don't lose hope just yet; things might take a turn for the better. You don't know what the future holds."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah,” Ky said flatly. She may not know the future, but she certainly knew the past. And her past had shown that she was unlucky. A bad omen. They welcomed her into their homes, and now Septimus and Michael were back and the gods were waking up. “Maybe.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:26 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"The world is full of maybes," she observed. "I've started trying to say 'hopefully' or 'hopefully not' lately. It might not do anything but it makes me feel a little better at least."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:00 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Nice pfp!)

"Mm... what if you have no hope?"

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:32 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Thanks! I made it with a text based ai art generator.)

Sara glanced at her. "Then I don't know what I would do. I suppose I'd look around for things to be hopeful about."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:39 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Wait what? I’ve never heard of that tell me more lol)

“Yeah.” She buried her hands in her pockets. “…hopefully I’ll find something.” It was a weak effort, but an effort all the same.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:47 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(So there's this system called Craiyon.com that is free to use and most people prefer that but I recently did a free trial on a more expensive system called Midjourney and it was AMAZING. You could put anything in there and it would come out incredible. I've got a bunch more images, mostly themed around Lovecraft. Unfortunately the subscription is 10 dollars a month so I probably can't make any more than the free trial allowed. But it's super worth a try, and you can upscale a specific image out of the 4 they generate for you.
I believe this specific avatar is one I made on Craiyon, though. The other Hastur faces from Midjourney were way, way too uncanny)

"That's the spirit." She smiled slightly. "Hopefully you will."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:46 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(That’s fantastic! I shall definitely play around with that later and see what I can come up with… heading to lunch now and not sure if I’ll get away with being a hermit or not lol the class is going well so far tho we just got out of the “government standards” unit which was as boring as expected lol but they ended 20 minutes early which was nice. But… so much socialization in the breaks so far which is good yes but whew buddy I have 0 time to decompress between thinking and people-ing and my introverted ass is struggling lol)

Ky nodded, then decided this was a depressing topic which she would most definitely be a downer about, so best to just switch gears. She sped up slightly and pulled the door to the dining room open and held it for Sara.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Aw oof. I hope you got some rest now though! Socializing can be super exhausting for sure)

Sara stepped through. "Thank you."
Gaius was already seated, with the largest food portion he'd had on his plate in years--decades. He was staring down at it with discomfort, but he looked up as Ky and Sara entered.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:45 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha thanks! I ended up at a table of introverts so it worked out, just minimal socialization lol but then I went back to my room for like 40 minutes and am now hanging out again. But I feel more alive. And it’s optional to leave. So.)

Ky glanced at him, then his plate, then sighed. So they were doing this still. Great. She shuffled in after Sara, glancing at Gaius. “Hello.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Ah that's always a good out. And you're an adult--shouldn't it always be optional to leave?)

Gaius glanced at her and gave a small nod. "Hello." He'd had a terrible, terrible night and seeing her almost made him shudder. He wondered if she could see any ghosts right now. If she could see Septimus anywhere. He didn't ask, though; there were too many people.

she/her

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour