z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:45 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Okayy then..." Valeri glanced at Dawn, who seemed content to just hover along for now. Perhaps despite its name, the sword wasn't a morning being? "Well, I guess we can check out Kostko... they sell everything there. I wouldn't be surprised if we could bulk order like twenty mermaid fangs."

Dawn yawned and said, "That sounds good to me. But we should pay for all this first, right?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:07 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

José nodded. “Yes! Paying is good.” He grabbed all of the items and marched to the register.

Dusk sighed. “Hey, Otto? What is Josephinzo going to use this mermaid gang for?”

“Nus krad eht Adocalam tsniaga thgif ot noitop taerg a.”

“Carter, translation please?”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:34 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"A great potion to fight against Malacoda the dark sun."

"That's very vague," grumbled Valeri.

"Krow lliw noitop eht erus m'I. Tey nwod su tel t'nsah Oznihpesoj."

"Otto's sure it'll work. He trusts Josephinzo," Carter translated.

Valeri was about to reply when José finished paying for the items and walked over to them. "Come on! Let's go look for the mermaid fang at the nearest Kostko." He attempted to flare his sleeves like Josephinzo, but barely managed to avoid dropping the ingredients instead.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:43 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“How far away is this Kostko?” Vendetta grabbed the bag from José to prevent any accidents. They didn’t need any of the ingredients exploding.

“It’s close! Come on.”

Dusk kept muttering to itself, their arrows swirling around in the quiver on Vendetta’s back.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:52 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dawn, who was looking more awake now, hovered closer to Dusk, and the magical weapons engaged in a quiet discussion which seemed to consist of gestures and humming noises as much as words.

As they walked, Valeri nudged Vendetta and said, "Hey, Vendetta... what do you think is up with them?" She subtly nodded at the weapons.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:01 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta shrugged. “They’re immortal ancient weapons. And these ingredients are freaking them out. Maybe it’s reminding them of some outdated ancient ritual.” They sighed. “I seriously doubt that Josephinzo is trying to do something sinister. He’s a great wizard with the goal to defeat evil. Why would he commit it?”

José gestured at the Kostco they arrived at. “We’re here, folks and weapons! We’re only here for a mermaid’s fang, so stay focused.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:21 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri hummed noncommittally at Vendetta's response. There was something fishy about Josephinzo... but there was no proof for now, so she followed the crew into Kostco.

Carter immediately got distracted by the display of talking stuffed animals, and Wormy seemed quite interested in the gardening section. Otto started talking backwards to a staff member nearby. José sighed and said, "Well, noble questers, I at least will stay focused and aid-- wait, are those wizard staffs?" He darted over to a display of staffs, and the V siblings and the magical weapons were left on their own.

"Hah. So... time to look for a mermaid's fang?" Valeri raised their eyebrows at Vendetta.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:27 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“So much for staying focused.” Vendetta glanced at Dusk and Dawn, who were still whispering to each other. “I guess it’s just us. It looks like potion ingredients are in aisle six.”

Vendetta sighed and started walking towards the aisle.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:35 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri followed. When they reached aisle 6, they started browsing the shelves. "I see phoenix feathers, crushed moon glass, dewdrops from a thirty-foot-high dark tower... That's oddly specific, but eh." The pair reached the end of the aisle, but there were still no mermaid fangs in sight.

"You think we just missed them?" Valeri asked. Vendetta shrugged, and the V siblings made another pass through the aisle.

"Doesn't look like it's here either..."
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:38 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Maybe Dusk is right. Maybe it’s too specific because it’s nefarious.” Vendetta wrung their hands. “What is it used for that made Dusk immediately panic?”

They scanned the aisle one more time, but there wasn’t a single mermaid fang.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Something's strange about that wizard." Valeri tugged at their hair, thinking. "I guess we can do the other errands and then try looking for the mermaid fang again, though. And then we'll confront him for answers."

She called Otto, José, Wormy, Carter, and the weapons. The other members of the unnamed group reluctantly gathered around the V siblings. "José, what were the other errands that Josephinzo mentioned?"

"Dry-cleaning and taking his familiar to the pet grooming shop." José held up the rat, trying to conceal his disgust. "I don't know why our illustrious wizard has such a... creature... as his familiar." The rat bared its teeth and hissed.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:58 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Aren’t familiars supposed to mirror the fabric of your soul?” Vendetta hissed. “What do rats represent in the familiar realm?”

Dusk hummed. “Intelligence, tenacity, cowardice, filth, and impatience. It changes person to person.”

Otto shrugged. “Nam tnetsisrep, tnegilletni na tsuj s’eh ebyam.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:48 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Carter translated, "Otto thinks the great wizard is just intelligent and persistent."

"Oh no, not you too with the 'great wizard' and all!" Valeri groaned. "I think cowardly and impatient might be more accurate..."

José gasped. "How dare you insult the Grand Wizard Josephinzo, High Master of the Magical Arts and Sorcerer Supreme of the Whole Universe!"

"Uh, never mind. Forget I said anything." Valeri not-so-subtly changed the subject. "Shall we go pick up some dry cleaning now?"
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:54 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

José nodded. “We failed our first quest, but we can still succeed on our second! The Great Josephinzo’s choice dry cleaners is just down the street.” He attempted to laugh like Josephinzo, but his voice was too squeaky. “Oh I wonder what fancy event he’s going to this time! Maybe a press review, an evening ball.

Otto sighed. “Gniddew a.”

Wormy bounced her arms up and down.
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:22 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"A wedding? With who?" Carter asked curiously.

Otto shook his shoulders forward and back. "Riah eulb htiw enoemos? Erus ton."

José's eyes widened. "Well, if it's for a wedding... we better get his suit pronto! And make sure it's perfect!" He rushed out the door, dragging the other WANNABES with him.
mint, she/her

=D

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill