z

Young Writers Society

The Wonderland Rift

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 am
Alvarin says...

Haigha March, The March Hare
I grabbed her shoulder when she was about to leave, and she turned to glare at me. She was obviously getting annoyed. It didn't matter. She could hate me all she wanted as long as she was alive.

I looked her in the eye, desperately trying to convey my worry. She should let me and the soldiers take care of this. It didn't matter if any of us died. We were replaceable, all of us, but she wasn't.

She seemed to hesitate. "Fine. Then what do you suggest?"

Let it go. Return later with your army and a plan. She didn't like it, that much was obvious, but she didn't protest either. Let's just watch from a distance at first. We need to know what kind of security they have. Of course she knew this already. Knowing how to brake through their walls formed the basis for a successful attack.

"Didn't know you were such a coward." The comment didn't sound very spiteful, it was more like she wanted to somehow redeem herself for loosing the argument.

I tilted my head to the side, a wry smile on my lips. I couldn't remember ever being called a coward. Compared to her I probably was, but there was a difference between being a coward and being careful. I don't mind if it means that you'll be safe.

She blushed. I couldn't quite tell if it was caused by embarrassment or anger. "Thanks," she muttered. It suddenly seemed like she had lost the confidence to look me in the eye.

I didn't like it. She was one of the few who dared to look me straight in the eye, and it was a quality that I was very fond of. Last time I had touched her she had pulled away, but even so I put two fingers under her chin and forced her to look up at me. A smile was playing in the corner of my mouth.

I didn't quite understand what expression she had. She seemed confused, or mesmerized. Or maybe she was just angry that I had touched her. The fact that she was hard to read was another quality that I liked. It made me curious.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 pm
veeren says...

Lord Lordshire (Knave of Hearts)

I smiled, I couldn't help it. Miranda had done what I asked, flawlessly. Well almost. There was Jubiah, being lead into the HQ by none other than the Duchess. I knew what I wanted more.

I stepped in front of the pair right as they were about to pass me and said to Jubiah, "My my. What a coincidence, meeting you here. It feels like only a moment ago we were in the Red Queens castle together."

I turned to acknowledge the Duchess, "And look who it is. The Duchess herself, miss Minerva," I bowed, "I don't think we've ever formally met before. The name's Lord Lordshire."

They looked at me impassively, Minerva more so than Jubiah.

"I supposed you're on your way to see Miranda? Let me take you to her, though I should note that she isn't feeling too well right now."
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm
megsug says...

Adonis

I grinned at her smugly at her slightly surprised expression. "Charms have power," I added, for myself mainly, and raised my eyebrows. "As do hexes. I've ruined the strong, able men before with a bracelet."

I repacked my bag, confident that she would be better... for now at least. "I'll consider some permanent solutions. If this is a true curse, the antidote will take some guessing, but these charms should make it bearable." I picked up my bag and turned to leave when I flashed again. I stiffened, seeing three people heading this way. "I would become decent, if I were you. You have company coming, and I assume you don't want to look like a weakling in front of people once more?"

Minerva
I followed Lordshire coldly though I knew perfectly well where Miranda's rooms lay, fighting to hide the waves of irritation beating against me. I was sure my face was completely cool.

I didn't like him. I knew too little about him to trust him. What were his true intentions? Did he want power, fame, money?

He seemed willing to betray anyone or work for anyone... Except Lordshire didn't work for anyone, did he? He worked for himself, and sometimes his path crossed with the Hearts or the rebels.

I sighed. "What's wrong with Miranda, anyway?" I asked, sharper than I meant.
Test

30 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm
Alvarin says...

Miranda Marble, The White Queen
"Thank you," I mumbled. I didn't say that very often. In fact, I couldn't remember the last time I thanked someone. "Stick around, I'll probably have need of you soon." Adonis nodded and left the room.

I slowly got up on my legs. It was amazing how much better I felt. Sure, my eyesight as good as it had been, and I still felt a bit nauseous, but other than that I was fine. The curse wasn't gone, but maybe I could live with it.. Maybe.

I quickly pulled out a clean white dress from my wardrobe and hurried into the bathroom. I washed my face and hands, changed, put on some mascara and scarlet lipstick and brushed my hair. People had always told me that I looked like a porcelain doll, and I was proud of it.

I exited the bathroom just in time to hear a knock on the door. "Come in," I said with a strong voice. People didn't think that I could put on appearances, because I seldom did, but I was actually quite good at it. Of course I was good at it. I had been raised to take the throne after all..
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:46 am
veeren says...

"She's cursed." I said simply, taking joy at the confusion in the Duchess's face.

Ahead of me in the hallway, I could see the doctor exiting the room, muttering something to Miranda. Probably telling her to get lots of bed rest or something, normal doctor stuff.

I knocked on the door, and after hearing a commanding voice say "Come in", I stepped inside.

She'd changed in the short time I'd left. She had on a new white dress and some extra makeup. I couldn't tell if it's what the doctor prescribed for her or if it was just for me.

Well I'm flattered.

"Me again, Miss White Queen. Just thought I'd pop by and tell you what a fabulous job you've done."

"What are you talking abou-" She started, but stopped when I opened the door all the way to reveal both Jubiah and Minerva.
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 pm
Alvarin says...

"What are you talking abou.." I noticed Jubiah and Minerva behind Lordshire. "Oh, I see. Could you wait outside for a moment?" I asked Lordshire. He seemed surprised, but left anyway.

As soon as he had closed the door I smiled at Jubiah and Minerva. Minerva seemed uneasy, which wasn't that weird considering that she still had a bump on her head from the last time I saw her. "Welcome to the rebels' HQ," I said to Jubiah and then I turned to Minerva. "It wasn't too difficult to break him out of jail, I hope?"

"I found him at the pub."

I couldn't help but smirk. "Perfect. Breaking out from the dungeons means you're far more talented than the drunken wretches that I usually deal with." He seemed flattered, flattered and nervous. "I actually have need of you. Right now."

He looked surprised, and opened his mouth to say something but I cut him of. "I made a deal with Lordshire. I kill Haigha and deliver you to him, and then I get.." I realized how it would sound if I said that I'd get James in return. "Something in return."

"Haigha's still alive," Minerva muttered. "Though I think that Jubiah wounded him just a few minutes ago."

"I know he's alive," I said with an annoyed frown. "I killed him, but he came back to life in some way or another.. Long story," I added when they looked at me curiously. "Never mind that. I need you to follow Lordshire back to the dungeons."

"I'm not going back there!" he sputtered.

"Yes, you are." I made sure to lower my voice, in case Lordshire was listening. ".. But I'm obviously not going to leave you there. As soon as Lordshire gets what he wants from her, I'll make sure you are freed. You're far too useful to be left to rot in a cell." I smiled. "So, can you do me this favor? I'll owe you one."
― Thomas Harris

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 pm
Shady says...

Yamani (Queen of Hearts)

I whirled around, hoping he'd follow me, but pretending that I couldn't care less whether he came or stayed behind. He grabbed my shoulder, and I whirled around on him once more, glaring.

He met my gave, worriedly. He seemed desperate for me not to go. I hesitated. Damn it all, Haigha. What do you want from me? "Fine. Then what do you suggest?"

Let it go. Return later with your army and a plan. I balked, but didn't kick the dust, as was my impulse. Let's just watch from a distance at first. We need to know what kind of security they have.

"Didn't know you were such a coward." I spat, glaring. He was right, of course. He was always right. Bloody brat.

He smirked and tilted his head to the side. He didn't seem to be used to being called a coward. Of course he's not used to it. He's not a coward. But it didn't seem to faze him.

I don't mind if it means that you'll be safe.

I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. It was flattering that he was thinking of me. "Thanks," I muttered, looking away from him.

A moment later I felt his fingers under my chin, gently urging my face up. I fought at first, but quickly gave up and looked up at his face- at him smirking. I tried to keep myself impassive, but it was hard, with all of the emotions that flooded around me, bouncing off of everything. I didn't know what I felt. I didn't know how I felt about Haigha, or what about him made me want to go along with his plan, and I damn sure wasn't sure why I suddenly felt self-conscious that he was looking at me.

I didn't know what to do- what I even wanted to do. I shivered under his touch. Under his gaze. Suddenly I acted on impulse- a fool thing to do, but something I did often, nonetheless. I stood on tiptoe and planted a kiss on his lips.

His eyes grew wide as I pulled away from him. I grinned, somewhat cruelly. "Tell anyone about that, and I'll cut your tongue out."

Laughing, I started down the alley. "Come on Haigha. I'm going to spy on my sister. I won't kill her- at least I probably won't- right now, but we'll see. Come on."

Where?

"To see an old friend of mine."

~~~

My heart was racing with excitement as I crept up the hallway, invisible with a charm from a witch doctor friend of mine. I didn't much care for witchcraft- but if it meant being able to creep around where I wanted to go, I tolerated it on occasion.

I pressed myself flat out against the cold wall as I heard voices approaching, and hoped Haigha did as well, though I couldn't be certain. I held my breath as Lordshire passed up, leading Minerva and Jobiah behind him.

Shame my invisiblity goes void if I kill somebody. The three of them might've suffered from unexplainable wounds, if not.

"What's wrong with Miranda, anway?" Minerva sighed, as they truged past.

Something's wrong with Miranda? I smiled twistedly and followed after them eagerly, silently.

"She's cursed," Lordshire answered, grinning wickedly.

I gawked at him stupidly, glad that no one could see me. Then I grinned. She's hexed and I'm charmed. How ironic.

Lordshire tentatively rapped on the door, waited until Miranda ordered him in, and then stepped inside.

"Me again, Miss White Queen. Just thought I'd pop by and tell you what a fabulous job you've done."

A fabulous job at what? What's he playing at?

"What are you talking abou-" Lordshire swung the door open, cutting Miranda off, as Minerva and Jobiah came into her view. "Oh, I see. Could you wait outside a moment?"

I raised my eyebrows. Lordshire was being asked to step outside? I thought I wanted to be in, in that case. I stepped forward and bumped into Lordshire, on his way out. My breath caught, and he tentatively reached his hand out, as the door swung shut.

I quickly stepped back, wondering where in the bloody hell Haigha was, and if Lordshire was going to find him. Calm down Yamani. For all you know Haigha's already inside, listening to what's going on.

Lordshire squinted, and looked around suspiciously, his gaze landing on me. I nearly panicked, and thought about sprinting, but froze instead. I wonder if this charm is working as well as I supposed.

Finally he grunted, and leaned against the wall dejectedly.

"I know he's alive," Miranda said bitchily. "I killed him, but he came back to life in some way or anther. Long story...Nevermind that. I need you to follow Lordshire back to the dungeons."

Lordshire perked up, listening, and I inched closer to the door, wishing that my invisibility made me able to pass through solid objects.

"I'm not going back there!" Jobiah nearly shouted.

"Yes you are." Miranda's voice suddenly got quite. "As soon...gets...wants...her, I'll...freed...Too....left to rot...cell...Me...favor? I'll...owe...one."

I glared. I could only guess that the her was me. I smiled humorlessly. That's alot nicer name than you're known by. I suppose I can handle being called 'her'.

Lordshire cursed, obviously not gleaning as much as he hoped. I suddenly had an idea.

"She's plotting against you," I whispered, barely audible, my voice not my own.

Lordshire whirled around, and then looked behind him, and glared. "Who's there?"

"She plans on turning you out once she's through with you," I whispered, making sure I was out of striking range.

"Show yourself, you coward!"

"There's no one there," I whispered. "It's just you."

Lordshire seemed a bit unnerved. Shaken. Uncertain. "I don't believe you."

"Come now, Lordshire. You'll sound the fool if someone catches you talking to yourself."

"I'm not talking to myself, dammit! I'm talking to you."

"And where am I, Lordshire? Who am I, if not you yourself?"

He opened and closed his mouth several times, like a dying fish.

"Miranda will betray you."

"She won't!" he snapped.

"She will. She will betray you the moment you're no longer useful."

"You speak lies!"

"I speak the truth."

"You're lying! You're a liar and a coward!" Lordshire made a pass through the air with his weapon.

I pressed myself out flat against the wall, as the door Miranda's room open. "What are you doing?" Jobiah asked, after a moment.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 am
veeren says...

"What are you doing?" Jubiah asked me.

Just going mad.

I punched the wall, "Practicing what I'm going to do to you if you're not on your knees in front of the Queen in the next HOUR, LOOKING LIKE MY PRISONER."

He looked angry, but I could tell he was trying not to show the fear welling up inside. Or maybe it was the strength to not punch me in the face. I didn't care.

I took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry. Give me a minute to compose myself. I may be catching a... curse myself."

I walked into the lobby of the HQ before anyone could tell me anything.

She's plotting against you.
That's what I heard, right? But it couldn't be true. It just couldn't. What had I ever done to get on her bad side? I asked her for a favor, and she did it out her own free will. Sure, I guess I owed her for it, but that doesn't mean she'd betray me. Someone had to be toying with me.

She will betray you the moment you're no longer useful.
More lies. They had to be. I was the one using her. She had yet to ask for a single favor, at least any favor she'd be willing to ask for again. Someone was definitely toying with me, and out of all the people I knew, there's only a few that wou-

My eyes widened. The Queen. If not the Queen herself, someone she sent to find me. She had very few people close to her, and the people that knew her best were already in this building with me. Then again, there's always Haigha and... that boy. The boy. That's where I'd seen his face, it was the Queen. I was ninety percent sure of it. There was no one else with reputation enough loyal to the Hearts to be sent anywhere Haigha. But there was only one way to be completely sure that was all the works of the Queen. I had to see her. Just one more time. Whether it be while delivering Jubiah or not, I had to see her.

I smirked, "Where are you, my Queen. Where are you."
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:42 am
Alvarin says...

Haigha March, The March Hare
She had kissed me. The Queen had kissed me. I couldn't believe it. Maybe she had just teased me? But no, she wouldn't do that. Not to me and not like that.

I followed her out from the alley and back towards the HQ. Before I had time to protest she handed me a bracelet. She had a similar bracelet that she put on. My eyes widened. She had disappeared. "Hurry up and put it on, we haven't got all day." She was resourceful, I had to give her that.

I did as I was told and followed her into the building. We passed several rebels unnoticed, and then I saw Lordshire, Minerva and Jubiah again. They were talking about something.

"..wrong with Miranda, anway?" Minerva said as they passed us.

"She's cursed," Lordshire answered with a smirk. Loyalty personified. It was pretty clear that he served no one but himself. As much as I despised him, his words were still interesting. My words must've done something to Miranda as well.

Lordshire knocked on a door, and Miranda told them to come in. She didn't sound cursed.

"Me again, Miss White Queen. Just thought I'd pop by and tell you what a fabulous job you've done." Apparently Miranda and Lordshire was exchanging services. Why was I even surprised?

"What are you talking abou-" Lordshire opened the door enough for Miranda to see Minerva and Jubiah, and me, if I had been visible. "Oh, I see. Could you wait outside a moment?" Lordshire did as he was told, for once, and stepped outside. Before anyone had time to close the door I snuck in. I really hoped that the Queen would follow me. I didn't want her to run of on her own and do something dangerous.

"Welcome to the rebels' HQ," Miranda said to Jubiah and then turned to Minerva. "It wasn't too difficult to break him out of jail, I hope?"

Oh, the Queen probably wouldn't let her cousin to walk around freely in the castle anymore. Well, it was better that way. A rebel had no place in the castle.

"I found him at the pub."

"Perfect. Breaking out from the dungeons means you're far more talented than the drunken wretches that I usually deal with." That fool looked flattered. She was obviously just manipulating him. "I actually have need of you. Right now. I made a deal with Lordshire. I kill Haigha and deliver you to him, and then I get.." She paused for a moment. "Something in return."

"Haigha's still alive," Minerva muttered. "Though I think that Jubiah wounded him just a few minutes ago."

"I know he's alive. I killed him, but he came back to life in some way or another.. Long story. Never mind that. I need you to follow Lordshire back to the dungeons."

"I'm not going back there!" Jubiah sputtered. At least he had some common sense then.

"Yes, you are." Her voice was cold and unrelenting. ".. But I'm obviously not going to leave you there. As soon as Lordshire gets what he wants from her, I'll make sure you are freed. You're far too useful to be left to rot in a cell," she whispered. "So, can you do me this favor? I'll owe you one." Well, at least she had one good quality, if he was telling the truth that was. Not that my Queen would ever leave a worthy soldier in the rebels'.. Did they even have a dungeon?

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard Lordshire shout. "You're lying! You're a liar and a coward!" Oh dear. It seemed like the Queen had indeed stayed in the hallway.

As the others hurried outside I followed. Lordshire was there, holding his cane like he was facing an opponent, although there was no one there. At least she had kept herself hidden. "What are you doing?" Jubiah asked, sounding quite surprised.

Lordshire, punched the wall and quickly came up with an excuse before leaving. I took my chance to feel around for the invincible Queen. I felt fabric against my fingers, and grabbed onto it. I had found her sleeve. She took hold of my hand instead and followed Lordshire.

We watched him for a moment before he suddenly looked around the lobby with menacing eyes and a cruel smile. "Where are you, my Queen? Where are you?"

I quickly pulled her backwards, putting us at a safe distance from Lordshire.
― Thomas Harris

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 am
Pencil2paper says...

Jubiah

"I know he's alive," The White Queen said with an annoyed frown. "I killed him, but he came back to life in some way or another.. Long story. Never mind that. I need you to follow Lordshire back to the dungeons."

"I'm not going back there!" I sputtered. I want to help the resistance, but not by groveling at the enemies' feet and rotting in a dungeon. I want to fight. I am about to say so when she cuts me off.

"Yes, you are." She says, lowering her voice. ".. But I'm obviously not going to leave you there. As soon as Lordshire gets what he wants from her, I'll make sure you are freed. You're far too useful to be left to rot in a cell." She smiled. "So, can you do me this favor? I'll owe you one."

Oweing me one won't mean shit if I get my head lobbed off. I think bitterly. But you cannot refuse either of the Queens. It almost always ends badly. Usually with the loss of a limb or more. "Anything to help the resistance. Although I think that I would be more use fighting."

"You would be of more use with all four limbs." She gurmbled. I told you.

"Okay, okay. But you owe me one... ma'am." I add at the last second, very akwardly.

"Very well." The White Queen said, clearly annoyed but trying to hide it.

"Goodday, Queen." Minerva said, whirling around to the door.

I can't wait to get out of the room, and I am the frst one out the door. And what do I see as soon as I am out the door- Lordshire, acting like a madman, swinging his sword at nothing, his eyes crazed.

"What are you doing?" I ask, worried that this man would be in charge of keeping my head intact.

He punched the wall and said, "Practicing what I'm going to do to you if you're not on your knees in front of the Queen in the next HOUR, LOOKING LIKE MY PRISONER."

At that point I really wanted to punch him in the face- or kick him in a certian area. I mean, what did I do? I did everyting they told me to do and was agreeing to living through the dungeons again- and who knows how long it would be this time. People should be thanking me, not threatening me. What did I ever do?

He takes a deep breath and says, "I'm sorry. Give me a minute to compose myself. I may be catching a... curse myself."

What the hell? This guy is insane. But again, I really don't want to mess with these people. Hell, I might be better of in the dungeons than in this looney bin. Everyone here is crazy.

Before I can iterrogate him more, he walks away, leaving me bemused and befuddled. Now to wait for him to return, to become a prisoner once more. Fun. At his back, I yell, "I'm still going to put up a fight you know!" But he does not hear me, and I am left alone, more confused than ever.

I roam around the HQ awhile, passing the time until my next inprisoment.
Last edited by Pencil2paper on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

30 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 am
Alvarin says...

"Well, that was interesting," I mumbled before turning to Minerva again. "I thought that he always acted like a stuck up know it all.."

"People are not always what they seem." Her voice sounded cynical. Was she referring to my looks? Or maybe she was referring to herself. I didn't really care. "I'm guessing you want me to free Jubiah again when it's time?"

"Yes. I'll call for you when Lordshire has met his end of the bargain." She turned to leave. "Oh, but you don't need to leave immediately. You have your own room here you know." I was honestly feeling a bit guilty for hitting her before. She had brought Jubiah to me, exactly as I had ordered. Maybe she deserved an apology. And I didn't want her to run of to her now, would I?

"I know that, but I find it a bit.. Small."

I frowned. My room wasn't much bigger than hers. "That's too bad." I sighed. This wouldn't do. A grumpy Minerva did me no good. "I'm sorry I hit you. I kind of lost it.. You might not think so but I still see you as a part of my family. The only part I care to think about."

"You don't have to do this," she mumbled. "We weren't friends to begin with, and it's foolish to think that this will bring us any closer. I want the throne just as much as you do."

It surprised me that she would actually admit it. "Feel free to try to stab my back when I'm on the throne, I'll be ready," I said with a smirk.

I was starting to realize what I missed. I missed a Haigha. Someone who was undoubtedly loyal to me.. Well, that wouldn't be a problem if I could finally get James to come here. Speaking of Haigha I still had to kill him, and this time I wouldn't let him speak.
― Thomas Harris

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 am
Trinity9001 says...

Jasper, Jabberwocky

After Haigha left, I decided to head to the tavern I had visited before. It would help pass the time and I really needed a drink.

I open the door to the tavern and find only a handful of people in it. That was odd; the tavern was usually bustling with excitement.

I sat at the bar and ordered a scotch, what a bore. I was really hoping someone would pick a fight with me so I could let out my frustration. There were too many weird things going on; Haigha’s strange new power, Lordshire working for the hearts. What was going on?

A voice snapped me back to reality, “hey”

I looked at the source of the noise and saw a woman, maybe in her twenties. I looked back at my drink, deciding not to answer, hoping she’ll just leave me alone.

“That's an awfully rude way to greet someone," she shrugged. "Well, no matter, I just wanted to ask you a question. What's a heart like you doing in a rebel tavern?"
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 am
AlmondEyes says...

Luna

I was sitting at my usual seat, just chilling with my sister while she served drinks when someone came in and sat down beside me. Recognition hit me instantly as I looked over at him. Jasper the Jabberwocky was actually . What was that? The third or fourth Heart to walk in here? Third, I do believe. Or maybe it was the fourth. I shrugged. Just as he took his seat at the bar, Lini came over to him. "What can I get you?"

He heaved a sigh and said heavily, "Scotch, please."

Lini got him his drink and went off to help someone else. I sat there a moment just looking at him. He didn't really look like he was in the best mood. He probably came looking for a fight. Or he was just plain stupid. Either way he was here. Might as well say hi. "Hi."

He looked over at me curiously, and then back at his drink as if deciding not to answer. Hm.

“That's an awfully rude way to greet someone," I shrug. "Well, no matter, I just wanted to ask you a question. What's a heart like you doing in a rebel tavern?"

He froze for a moment before looking over at me again in evident shock. "How are you so sure I'm a heart?"

I nodded toward his neck. "The red heart cloak pen is a dead give away."

His hand flew there with a frown.

I took a drink of my water and chuckled. "Don't worry. I'm not going out you or kill you. I have no quarrel with you."

"Hm," is all he says with a nod and just continues to stare at me.

Hm, indeed. Why was he starring at me? Could he see the long scar that started under my right eye and ended at my jaw line? Could he see my eyes? My bangs should be long enough to shroud them from ant direct line of view. I didn't really care about my scar, but eyes tended to make people nervous. "Is something wrong?"

"Something about you seem familiar." he touches his jaw thoughtfully. "What's your name?"

"Luna," I hold my hand out.

He takes it in a firm grasp and smiles. "I knew I recognized you. Luna Wenchester. Assassin, High Priestess, and way too many other things to name."

"That's me," I nod. "but you still haven't answered my question as to why you're here, and i'm quite curious as to what the answer is."
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:37 pm
megsug says...

Minerva
"Well, that was interesting," Miranda mumbled as Lordshire walked away.

I was grinning wickedly, happy to see him taken down a few notches if only by his own mid.

"I thought that he always acted like a stuck up know it all."

I sighed, suddenly taken down. "People are not always what they seem," I muttered, thinking of her, thinking of me, thinking of every damn person in this place.

She gave me a questioning look. "I'm guessing you want me to free Jubiah again when it's time?"

I nodded."Yes." I was suddenly protective of the boy. It was partially my fault he was in this mess in the first place. "I'll call for you when Lordshire has met his end of the bargain." I turned to leave, the room too close, the air too thick, and my head was beginning to throb again. Both my cousins got a whack at it in one day. I needed to lie down, take a breather.

"Oh, but you don't need to leave immediately," she said, making me pause. "You have your own room here you know."

I looked down at my boots, hiding a small, sad smile. "I know that, but I find it a bit... Small." I rubbed the gash on my forehead without thinking about it, wincing when it began to sting.

"That's too bad," she sighed. There was a slight pause. "I'm sorry I hit you. I kind of lost it.. You might not think so but I still see you as a part of my family. The only part I care to think about."

I closed my eyes, fatigue and the usual high emotion levels making me touchy. "You don't have to do this," I mumbled. "We weren't friends to begin with, and it's foolish to think that this will bring us any closer. I want the throne just as much as you do." I shook my head as I realized what just came out of my mouth.

It was family. It had to be. The Hearts made me... fragile.

"Feel free to try to stab my back when I'm on the throne, I'll be ready," she laughed.

I chuckled too, surprising myself. I turned back around, glancing at her. "You can count on it," I murmured and hesitated. "Ah... Which way is my room again?"
Test

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm
Trinity9001 says...

Jasper, Jabberwocky

The question surprised me, how could she possibly know that I’m a heart? “How are you so sure I’m a heart?”

“The red heart cloak pin is a dead giveaway,” I looked down, and saw what she was talking about. I had totally forgotten about it, I only wore it because that wretched queen forced me too.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to out you or kill you, I have no quarrel with you.”
“Hm,” I mutter, I stare at the woman, she seems so familiar. Have I met her before? No, I was sure I haven’t.

We sat there in silence for a while before she spoke again, “Is something wrong?”

Where had I seen her before? “Something about you seems familiar,” I touched my jaw thoughtfully, “What’s your name?”

If I didn’t find out who she was, it would bug me for the rest of the day. She holds out her hand, “Luna,” so that’s who she was, I had heard rumors about the famous Luna Wenchester, but never actually met her.

I took a hold of her hand and smiled, “I knew I recognized you, Luna Wenchester. Assassin, High Priestess, and way too many other things to name.”

She nods, “That’s me, but you still haven’t answered my question as to why you’re here, and I’m quite curious as to what the answer is.”

I sat silent for a while before answering, “Well, It’s not really that complicated. I thought I’d get a drink, so I came to the tavern.”

“You thought you’d get a drink? Don’t make me laugh, this is a rebel tavern, I couldn’t think of anyone stupid enough to walk in here bearing the heart symbol.”

She was right, why did I come here? There are so many taverns in this godforsaken city. “I had forgotten I was wearing it.” I shrugged, “It was a simple mistake.”

“But enough about me, what about you? Last I heard you were a free agent,"
I raised an eyebrow, "has that changed?”
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling