z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:07 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Amy poured. “It’s almost night! We need to get back to the Great Josephinzo. Can’t we get your quiver another day?”

Dusk twisted in disagreement. “No! How would you feel if someone stole your bed for the night because they didn’t have time to give it back?”
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:21 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"...That doesn't even make sense." Valeri yawned, and her stomach rumbled. "I'm also quite hungry..."

Dawn hummed. "Please, children. It's our last request." If the weapons could've made begging eyes, they would've.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:28 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta hummed in sympathy. “Come on, y’all! Just one last thing.”

Amy shook her head. “I’ve said yes to two side missions. We need to return to the Great Josephinzo now!”

Vendetta shook their head. “Josephinzo is great enough to recognize that Dusk could help us in our fight against Malacoda.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:32 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"And just think of how much prestige you'll gain when you come back with not one, but two magic weapons." Dawn hovered closer to Amy. "In fact, I bet you'll become the head of your, uh, WANNABES club!"

Amy fidgeted with a handful of confetti, thinking it over. "...Fine, but only if I actually get to beat someone up this time!"

Valeri winced. "Maybe not... remember, there's a kid here too." She gestured towards Carter, who was watching eagerly.

"Anyways, it looks like we're in agreement?" Dusk twirled around. "Wonderful!"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:39 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Okay, Dusk. Can you feel your quiver at all?”

Dusk hummed. “The quiver is a bit harder to find. My arrows are sentient, and they’ll be stronger once we find the quiver. They’re connected. So they’ll be better at finding it.”

Vendetta nodded. “Okay. Hey, baby arrows. Can you feel quiver at all?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:45 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The six arrows spread out in a circle, each pointing in a different direction. They hovered like that for a moment, then eventually floated to a singular direction: northeast. They glowed bright purple.

"Northeast again? How far are we going this time?" Valeri stifled another yawn.

The arrows buzzed, then arranged themselves to spell a location, one letter at a time: N-E-W Y-O-R-K

"...Great. The city that never sleeps."
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:52 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“At least it’ll be bright enough to see!” Vendetta chuckled nervously.

Amy grinned. “And it’s a lot closer to the Great Josephinzo’s headquarters! We’re almost home!”

Carter gasped. “We get to live at headquarters?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:55 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri glanced at Carter. "Maybe you can stay for a night... But we've got to return you to your mom soon."

Carter pouted, but he was soon distracted by the opening of the Portal of the Midday Sun. "Yay, portal time!"

The magic weapon quest group (seriously, Valeri thought, we need a better name) stepped through the yellow circle.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:14 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

The magical group with no name stepped into a dark alleyway. Rats could be heard squeaking in the shadows. Carter looked around in awe. “I’ve never been to New York before!”

Vendetta ruffled his hair. “Well, welcome to the Big Apple, Carter.”

Dusked poked their tip out of the alleyway. “The coast is clear. Children, can you feel your quiver better now?”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:24 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The arrows vibrated in something like excitement, and shot off, one after the other. Valeri barely managed to keep up as the arrows led the unnamed group through a winding path of streets.

"Why... do quests... have to involve... so much running?" she panted.

Dawn shimmered for a moment and said, "Brighten up, child! You are doing us a great service, and you shall be rewarded appropriately."

"With food... and a clean bed, I hope..."

"Mm... I was thinking more along the lines of two powerful weapons bonded to you? But sure, we can get food after this." With that, Dawn surged ahead after the arrows, which were slowing to a stop.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:54 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“So, since you’re independent sentient weapons, how does bonding with us work?”

Dawn vibrated. “Simple! We travel alongside you as friends, nonviolently conquering evil foes. But whoever we’re bonded to will receive some extra perks.”

Dusk hummed in agreement. “They’ll be able to summon us into battle, feel our presence when we’re separated, and have the ability to put us to rest if need be.”

“But please don’t do that.” Dawn shuddered. “We just woke up.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:18 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Nonviolently conquering our foes." Valeri raised an eyebrow. "Alright then. But don't worry, why would we put you to sleep?"

Dawn was quiet for a moment. "Our last partners did. Or partner." They twisted as if shaking themself. "But anyways! Dusk, do you see your quiver anywhere?"

The arrows were pointing at the entrance to an apartment building. Dusk hovered closer, and said, "I sense it nearby... but why would my precious quiver be in such a boring, moldy building?"
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:25 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Collectors can live anywhere.” Vendetta dodged a falling piece of wood. “Even in places like this.”

Amy wrinkled her nose. “The Great Josephinzo’s headquarters are much better than this.”

Dusk groaned. “Yes, yes we know. The Great Bombinzo is perfect in everything he does. It’s quiver time.”
She/They/Fae

256 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:23 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The arrows guided the motley group up a flight of stairs and down a carpeted corridor. Valeri heard the plinking of a leaky pipe somewhere.

Eventually they arrived at apartment 363, and Valeri hesitantly knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a voice called.
mint, she/her

=D

48 Reviews

Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:38 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Dusk rushed to the door. “The Legendary Bow of the Setting Sun and company!”

Vendetta smiled fondly. “By company they mean the prophesied heroes Vendetta and Valeri, The Legendary Sword of the Rising Sun, and famous HIGH WIZARD WANNABE Amy.”
She/They/Fae

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket