Young Writers Society

The Celebrity Conundrum

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery didn't say anything. He silently opened his suitcase and grabbed a pair of boxers and a loose t-shirt. Quickly, he entered the bathroom before Alex could, changed, brushed his teeth, and exited once again, not meeting her gaze.

It just felt too awkward. Even if Alex couldn't sense it.
*insert quirky signature here*

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:15 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex noticed that Avery didn’t look at her when he walked out. She strolled to the bathroom after he exited, changed into a blue tank top and shorts, then walked into the room.

After messaging her fathers goodnight, she sat down at the desk in the corner and asked, “Avery, are you OK? You seem off...”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:38 am
View Likes
Lib says...

He was on his phone when Alex spoke up. "Nahhh. All good." he waved his hand at her and gave her a quick smile. Avery wanted to so badly ask exactly what exactly Alex thought of Jonah.

He ignored the sudden urge to ask questions and instead went to the group chat he and his family had to check for any extra messages - Izzy had won a riding competition so he congratulated her and promised to take her out for ice cream once he was back - and tucked his phone away into his bag.

"Uh, you want the couch bed or the bed bed?" he asked her, this time making full eye contact.
Last edited by Lib on Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“I’m fine with the couch bed, thanks.” Alex answered and started setting it up. She finished it and grabbed her phone. It buzzed, Jonah.

Alex smiled at the screen and sat down.

Jonah: The group and my friend Evan are going to the movies to see 1917 tomorrow evening. Would you and Avery like to come?

Alex looked up at Avery, “Would you like to see 1917 tomorrow?”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:47 am
View Likes
Lib says...

"Uh, what's the occasion?" Avery asked, pulling out the couch bed for her.

142 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex didn’t want to mention Jonah, so she simply said, “Zoey and the others are going to see it tomorrow and they invited us. It's probably to cheer up Liz.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:30 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Ah." He tossed the extra blanket and pillow on the couch bed. "I guess. Sure."

Jonah would be there. And Jonah would be talking to Alex. Avery smiled. "Sounds fun." he added.

142 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:17 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“Great, I’ll text them back.” Alex did as she said, then turned to Avery, “Thanks for doing this with me. Even though we’re doing something completely different then expected…”

Alex paused and chuckled, “...then expected, it’s nice being here with you, dude.”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:23 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery grinned. It was genuine. "Anytime, m'lady." he bowed dramatically, pretending to tip his hat, and jumped onto the bed bed before crawling under the blankets.

142 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex laughed and climbed into bed. It was comfy, not the comfiest, but better then the couch. Alex checked her phone one more time before putting it down, “My dads want me to tell you to have a goodnight.”

“Sleep well, Avery.” Alex added.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:07 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery smiled. "You too." And before he knew it, he was out.

xXx

Avery's phone buzzed underneath his pillow. Once. Twice. Thrice. And again. "Ugh!" he yelled, shoving his hand under the pillow and pulled out his phone. Someone was calling him. He squinted at the screen. Izzy. What was the time? Seven in the morning. Of course.

He answered the phone. "Hey." he croaked out, not getting out of bed.

"Hey Avery!" a soft voice exclaimed.

"Izzy. How are you?" he murmured, but somehow she heard him clearly.

"Bro, forget about me. How're you? How's New York? My phone's on speaker by the way, Mum and Dad are here." she said.

"Yeah, 'morning Mum. 'Morning Dad."

"Morning, kiddo, sounds like you just woke up." his Dad said.

"I did." he answered, yawning.

"Sorry to wake you up so early. Just wanted to make sure you were okay." his Mum said. Avery could almost hear her smile.

"Yeah, thanks for checking in. We're looking for Charles Emmett. He's been kidnapped." Avery said it as if they were going out to get peaches.

"What?" Izzy shrieked. "Charles Emmett? As in the singer?"

"Yep and I met his sister. Yes, the model."

"Wow Avery. You're on lucky man." his Dad commented.

"Ha, I know. Well I'll talk to you later amd fill you in on details. I should go freshen up now." he replied.

"Bye!" they said in unison and Avery hung up. He stayed in bed for a little wgile before rolling out.

142 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alex groaned as she rolled over in bed. Avery’s phone and his conversation had woke her up. It wasn’t like she slept well anyways, because she didn’t, but now she couldn’t go back to sleep.

She checked her phone and groaned again when she saw what time it was. Alex sent a few texts to her dads and Jonah, asking him what time should they be ready. As soon as Avery’s phone call ended, Alex mumbled, “Why does your sister always call at the worst times?”

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:57 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Not my fault." Avery said flatly. "She wakes up hecking early. Also, I call using the bathroom first."

Slowly, he got up, blinked a few times and trudged into the bathroom to shower, freshen up, and change.

A few minutes later, he was done and he walked out, his hair a mess - he couldn't find his comb. Maybe he didn't even bring it. "I think I forgot to bring my comb." Avery groaned, and went to look through his suitcase. "I haven't combed my hair in forever, man." He pointed up at the mess his pompadour was in. "I look like a zombie, with only hand-combing it every once in a while."

Finally, he gave up, and flopped onto the already made couch bed. It was folded up.

142 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

“You can borrow mine, if you want.” Alex threw her make-up bag at Avery, “It’s in there.”

Alex grabbed her things and walked into the bathroom. She turned on the shower and set her stuff down before getting in. As she was showering, her phone dinged.

She stepped out and dried herself, and checked her phone.

Jonah: Be at Liz’s by 10. Movie previews start at half past.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:32 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery looked through Alex's make up bag. He took out everything in it - a bunch of tubes and containers. That's what it looked like to him. The comb was at the very bottom. "Finally!" he exclaimed. As quick as lightning, he combed back his hair, pulling at knots. He winced when he pulled through an especially large one.

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter