z

Young Writers Society

Rhythms of Chaos

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 am
ToritheMonster says...

((Psst! The serpent was killed/knocked into a coma by the mutants when they got to the island! he won't be of any help! but remember: the bears will be as nice to you as you are to them. And they happen to like meat.))
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:25 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Dreamy, there is a DT for details like that, please try to remember to use it.

I'll post soon. Hopefully by Monday. If not, someone remind me as I'm going to busy Tuseday onwards.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 am
Kelcia says...

Arthur

“Erm,” Said Arthur, rather startled that the one girl was crying. “N-no, I’m Arthur. I don’t know any… Seth.” The way she was looking at him was unnerving as well… kind of sad, and determined, and scared all at once… but there was something else there, and Arthur couldn’t place it. “And I certainly don’t know you,” he added in an almost whiny tone.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:33 pm
eldEr says...

MECKIAH

"No- no I'm sorry. It's just that you looks so much like somebody I lost," I swallowed. Everybody was staring at me like I was some sort of alien. I wiped furiously at my eyes. Get over yourself! Seth is dead and there's nothing you can do about it!
I was angry and afraid. It was on rare occasion that I let anybody see me like this. Only those closest to me had seen even one tear from me, and there weren't many of them.
"Forgive me," I whispered whispered before turning and slipping back into the tent. Part of me wanted somebody to follow, but the other part was telling me to keep my sword out incase any did.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm
View Likes
Kelcia says...

Arthur

Arthur coughed nervously as the girl retreated. Bizarre folks, thieves, he thought to himself before turning to the other two.

“Er,” he said, not quite certain of how things stood. “What now?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Ack! No die! No die! xD**

MYLES

"What now?" Myles asked, fingering his dagger. "If I had my way I'd kill you on the spot. Well, not before I got some valuable information out of you."

The man looked at him horrified. "You...You wouldn't," he said, in a weak attempt at bravado.

"I would. Except it seems you've got a little friend on your side," he jerked his head towards Jessie. "Lucky for you, she doesn't want me to kill you. Unfortunatly -for you not me- I don't see another way. I can't let you leave here alive. You've seen our camp."

"Myles," Jessie replied angrily. "You can't. It makes you just as bad as...as this guy who's setting the mutants on us."

Myles glared at her. "Yeah? Well, I suppose I'm just a bad person then," he shrugged, his voice not betraying how much that comment stung.

He didn't want to be a bad person he just...was.

"This guy is full of money anyway," he said, stepping foward to grab his hand. "Look! They're as fair and smooth as a woman's!"

Jessie rolled her eyes and the man clicked his tongue in obvious anger, realizing the insult. Myles glared at him, daring him to say something.

"Well if we're not going to kill him what do you suppose we do then?" He asked, frowning.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

384 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm
eldEr says...

MECKIAH

I was still tucked safely inside of the tent, but I could hear everything that was going on outside. The boy who I assumed was Myles was really planning on killing Arthur? What about me? I had stormed into the camp uninvited, too. Plus I actually had plans on stealing from them. I doubted Arthur was really any threat.
"Well, if we're not going to kill him, what do you suppose we do then?" Myles asked.
I grinned. They had let me sleep in their tent and hadn't attempted on killing me, which technically made this my camp too. For the time's being anyways. Who was to say I couldn't add an input?
"Why don't you hold him prisoner?" I shouted.
"Shut up!" Myles shouted back bitterly. "This isn't your camp!"
I rolled my eyes and walked back outside. "I suppose I should tell you my name considering you still don't know. Meckiah, ex-warrior trainee gone theif. Orphaned at a young age."
Myles raised an eyebrow at me. The other two just stared at me. Well that was moodswingy of me
"Is anybody here magical?" I asked. I was really just trying to get Myle's mind off of Arthur. Sure he had threatened me in the beginning, but I was still here now, plus I had woken up in one of their tents. It didn't seem fair that Arthur was being harassed.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

24 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Kelcia says...

Arthur

Arthur coughed. He wasn’t sure where that last part had come from. This... Meckiah seemed to be quite the character, and Arthur was fairly sure that characters with questionable backgrounds should be avoided. But she was sticking up for him, something people rarely did. He marked her down as someone to 'keep an eye on.'

Arthur's focus snapped back onto the one man when the knife in his hand twitched slightly. It was probably nothing, but still, it seemed only obvious that the man would kill him if it weren’t for the other thief.

Arthur, beginning, if not to relax, to become more accustomed with the situation, found himself thinking of something that had been said a minute ago. Hands like a woman... I resent that. And so, because he was partly annoyed at the ‘hands like a woman’ comment, and partly wierded out by the fact that they were discussing if they were going to kill him or not, Arthur picked up his usual habit of babbling when things got out of control.

“Now, look,” he said, straightening up as best he could. “You and I, sir, are off to a rather bad start. So, why make it worse by killing me?” he tried to put on a winning smile, but it ended up looking more like the grimace of a man in severe pain. “Besides, I -” he began, but Myles looked as if he were ready to bring his knife back out. Arthur, needless to say, shut up.

---

(BTW, just because Arthur is ignoring Meckiah's question dosen't mean that everyone else should. Arthur was just being, well, Arthur. ;))
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 pm
ScarlettFire says...

We know... Well, I do anyways. :wink:

Jesse:

I coughed and shot the girl a glare. Myles was too busy with 'Arthur' to notice us yet.

"Yes," I told her. "I'm magical, thoguh I'm not much help. Why do you ask?"

And then I coughed some more and sat down right where I was....and opened my mouth to speak but no voice came out-just more blood. Ah, heck. I would have started swearing...well, if I could actually speak... But...oh, well.

I shot Myles a glare that warned him to lay off. We had other things to be worried about. Such as my little coughing up blood problem...

**This is where Myles notices the couging/blood thing...*
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:01 pm
eldEr says...

MECKIAH

I was about to aknowledge Jesse and yell at Arthur to keep his eyes to himself when Jesse started coughing. I flashed Myles a concerned glance, but he seemed just as surprised as I was. There was a pool of blood on the ground and Jesse's face was gaunt.
Unsure of what to do, I just stood where I was. Arthur turned and started to run, but I grabbed him by his collar, sword ready incase he put up some resistance.
"What's wrong with her?" I asked Myles, pulling Arthur behind me.
"I-I don't know," he stuttered, eyes wide.
I bit my lip nervously. It wasn't my place to attempt to take charge, but if I could get my hands on a plant that could help... "Keep that here. I'll be back as soon as I can," I stated, gesturing towards Arthur.
"That?" He glared at me. I ignored him and threatened him that if he dared to move I wouldn't be so friendly to him. He nodded and I disapeared, praying that Myles wouldn't ask me a bunch of stupid questions.
I scanned the trees for the toadstool that my father had used for my mother once when she was coughing up blood. I doubted Jesse had the same thing, but it was worth a shot. It never occurred to me that I shouldn't even be here trying to help them, I just wanted to be accepted. This seemed like a good way to prove myself.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:56 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Darkkon-

I wandered through the woods,occasionally stopping to give commands to my mutants or to throw stones at a bird when I heard a gasp. I turned to where I had heard it originate and found a little girl sticking her head out of a bush. "Well, well. I know you." I said.
"You... you're the man who killed that mutant. And then punched my brother." she murmured.
"That I did," I said slightly dreamily, reminiscing. She stepped out, clutching a dagger shakily. "D-don't make me use this." she said. I smiled. She had enormous potential as a spy, if she was feisty enough to challenge me. "You won't be needing that." I said, smiling warmly. "I think we'll be good friends."
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MYLES

Myles continued to glare at the man, Arthur. He didn't like the site of this rich man in his camp.

Jesse coughed, a painful wretching sound. Myles turned towards her, eyes wide.

"Jesse?" He asked, softly.

She had her back to him. Her head was shaking for him to leave her alone but he walked towards her anyway.

Jesse had one had on her mouth and the other on her stomach. Something dark red was spewed across the ground. Myles's stomach clenched. It couldn't be...

Jesse looked at Myles, her eyes revealing the horror and fright she had been trying to hide. She coughed again and moved her hand, one that was stained with a shining red.

"Jesus Christ, Jesse!" Myles yelled, unsure of what to do.

She didn't look like she could say anything. Myles looked back at the others.

"You two! Jesse needs help," his brain was reeling. He didn't want to leave the safety of camp and he didn't trust these two. Jesse obviously needed a doctor and Myles knew that he had to go get one.

"I'm going to run and get a doctor. Please," he grimaced, hating himself for begging. "Watch over her. If I come back and you've either left her or you've hurt her any more in any way I will hunt you down and kill you like dogs. And don't think I can't do it. I've done it one hundred times."

Myles turned back to Jesse. "I promise I'll get us a doctor. Jesus...why did you hide this!" He yelled.

Myles clenched her hand tightly in his own. Would she be okay? He turned away from her, before he made a fool of himself.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

384 Reviews

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 pm
eldEr says...

MECKIAH

I searched desperately for the stupid fungi. I still didn't understand why I was so eager to help them. They had no special spot in my life. Nobody did...except Seth. But Seth was dead. Tears blurred my vision and I blinked. I couldn't start crying now.

There! Under that tree! It was dead, dried up after the tree it dwelled under died. They depended on the Oaks to survive. No problem there. I layed on the ground beside it and breathed on it lightly. I grinned when it sprung back to life.

I plucked it from the ground and ran back to the camp. There was rustling in the bushes. I stopped dead at the sound of a man's voice. I didn't have time for this!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:31 am
CelticaNoir says...

The ground became more and more rocky as they walked - a sure sign that they were well far and away from the village. A bear grunted as Geneva turned her head warily to look at it - it seemed somewhat irritable for some reason, since it had been grunting on and off for the past five minutes.

Jeremiah still had a death grip on her arm, as if he was worried that if he let go, she'd fall unconscious again. She didn't blame him - after all, being knocked out two times in one day was not a good track record.

"We still have to distract these bears somehow." His voice was low, barely audible. "What should we do?"

"Distract them? They're bears - maybe we can throw them some meat?"

He sighed. "That's a good idea, but it's only useful if we HAD meat - and we don't."

"Good point."

Grunting - as Geneva nicknamed him in her head - suddenly collapsed, and the other bear was distracted for a moment as he hurried to help his partner up. For some reason, Grunting was breathing heavily - as if he was sick. Geneva raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I suppose mutants can get sick too."

"There's no time for that, run!" Jeremiah dragged her away into the trees, and that was the last they saw of the bears. Not the last they heard, though.

"ROOOOAR!!!"
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

24 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 pm
Kelcia says...

Arthur

Arthur watched as first Meckiah, and then the knife-bearing man ran away in response to – what was her name? – Jesse’s sudden coughing. In less than a minute, Arthur found himself standing, rather awkwardly, next to the injured thief.

“Erm,” he said, looking apprehensively at the blood. “You should really get that cough looked at,” he said.

Jesse, unable to talk, glared at him, which was as good as saying ‘no duh.’

“I’m sure they’ll be back soon,” he said, “But I would go with the doctor, not whatever that… other one had in mind.” He coughed and leaned in slightly. “Seemed a bit fruity, you know?”
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu