z

Young Writers Society

Wanderlust

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:31 pm
ScarlettFire says...

The gender ratio is off. I'd like a few more guys. Anyone already with a profile can keep it as it is.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 pm
kidashka says...

I'll make a second [male] character tomorrow... i'm too tired and lazy right now oTL
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

33 Reviews

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:19 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Cain Huntley
Appearance: Tall and lanky, with dark hair and blue eyes. [and glasses?] *cannot be bothered to find picture*
Occupation: Has/had a weekend job as a waiter, but is predominantly a student.
Skills: Fishing, studying. [I've been trying to find appropriate skills for about 10 mins and cannot actually think of any. He is an unskilled character. *sigh*]
Personality: Talkative, nervous, can get super-excitable over the stupidest things. Babbles when in an awkward situation. Is generally quite awkward physically, and a bit of a wuss. Is actually quite clever despite this.
History: Has lived a vaguely pampered life, however this has resulted in various personality flaws [see above]. Was essentially the sole guardian of his younger seven-year-old sister until he got trapped here; wants to get back to look after her and is concerned for her welfare whilst he is gone.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes sleeping, reading, studying, and of course, toast. Dislikes running, scary things, and running from scary things.
Other: I really don't think he should be allowed within ten feet of anything sharp =|
Up for love: sure =] He's a catch, right???

BAHAHAHAH I just realised I may have just made the most incapable character to ever attempt to rescue a princess. :smt095

Can we start soon? :)
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 pm
ScarlettFire says...

lol. I must agree, Kidashka... and once Apple posts and I have a few more people. We're really lacking a teen or two and a few guys... Then we'll start.

And there's a DT. Link: topic60838.html

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:28 am
Apple says...

Edit: Twin guy profile!

Character Profile:

Name: Ace and Xavier Mantle

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Ace Mantle:

Xavier Mantle:

Occupation: In present day, both Xavier and Ace did have job. Ace; he worked at City Beach and Xavier; at a popular pub.

Skills: Ace is a lot more faster than Xavier, though Xavier is stronger. Both of them have knowledge in fighting from defending them againsrt their abusive father.

Personality: Quiet and self reliant, Ace and Xavier don't trust others when it comes to doing things. They both usually stands up for what they believes in and can come across as rude and arrogant. But that is only because of their past, and what happened to them both when they were younger.

Xavier is a lot more relaxed than Ace, though can be a lot more harsher. Both of them have wierd sense of humour.

History: Ace and Xavier were abused when they were little kids by their father. They would have to watch as their father conned people out of their money and when their father would hit the women he brought home. Ace’s adn Xaiver's back grounds were never a good one. They grew up having no friends because everyone thought they were weird and dumb!

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes: The colour purple and ancient fighting styles, they also likes skate boarding/ surfing and girls. FOOD!
Dislikes: People threatening them badly, or people trying to act tough when they really aren’t.

Other: Ace is a lot smarter than Xavier, which makes them both rivals. Xavier has a negative engery whihc sometimes drains the people around him. Ace, though, is a lot more ruder and arrogant than his brother and won't stop to get what he wants.

Up for love: (Yes or no) Yep, both of them are.
Last edited by Apple on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I spy!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 am
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Wow, haha, I'm the baby of the group! =P If it's alright, I'ma make her a little older. Any objections???
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:05 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sure, Shadow. You can amke her older if you like.

Now I just need two more characters, two guys. A teen and one from Ancient China. Then you can make a second character if you'd like and we can start. :)

199 Reviews

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 am
Apple says...

Well I took the ordinary teen guy. If you look at my profile now there are two in the one thingy majigy. Twins, hehe I hope that is okay? :lol:
I spy!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:36 am
ScarlettFire says...

Alright. That's fine. Now I just need one more guy for the China characters.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:07 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay. We can start. Anyone joining will just have to catch up...

33 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm
kidashka says...

Tai Xue

I stared silently out of the window at my lost kingdom, thinking. It had been a week in this tower and I was still seething with rage. How dare that man overthrow my father? How dare he shove me aside like some helpless animal? Who did he think he was, to claim such powers as his own?
I glared, crossing my arms. It would take time, of course, before I could get out of here. However, there appeared to be few guards, and if I could befriend them... I'd also been permitted to keep several of my guards in the tower, though I suspected this was out of disdain for any of my possessions. I yawned, then blinked at the sight I saw out of the window. A sudden flash of light.
Not like thunder, but something different. Something mystical. I stared in disbelief, my eyes wider than ever before.
It must be a sign.
I gathered myself, battering on the locked door to the room I was kept in. "Bring the wise woman!" I hollered, looking back at the valley. She must know what this means.

Cain

I yawned, leaving the restaurant where I worked with a sense of relief. Seriously, I had no idea how I hadn't been fired yet. Today, I had thrown water into someone's lap, broken not one but two plates, and to top it off had managed to waste an entire tub of ice cream by leaving it out too long. Apparently you couldn't re-freeze ice cream. Who knew?
Anyway, I'd managed to escape with my life. And my job, more surprisingly.
I wandered down the street aimlessly, listening for the clock. Surely it should be going off soon? By my watch, it was already 12:00.
Ah, there it was.
Dong.
I continued walking. There was the sound of feet shuffling behind me. I looked back suspiciously.
Dong.
No-one was there. I turned back.
Dong.
The noise again, this time like the sound of people running towards me. I turned around, stopping midstep.
Dong.
No-one. I shook myself, wondering waht had brought on this paranoia.
Dong.
Hang on. A flash of black down the alley way.
Dong.
Did I really want to follow it?
Dong.
Yes. Sorta.
Dong.
I walked slowly towards the alley. There didn't seem to be anyone there. I took a step forward.
Dong.
A figure, standing at the end of the alley.
Dong.
Was that a net in it's hands?
Dong.
Yes. Yes it was. I started to run.
Dong.
---
I woke up blearily. What a weird dream. Stretching, I sat up and looked around.
Wait a sec.
This wasn't my bedroom. This was a field. Clearly I'd gotten lost last night.
There were a few other people, all of them in a similar state of drowsiness. Three other guys, two of whom must be related, and a girl. I crawled over to one of them.
"Do you have any idea where we are?"

[Sorry for the super long post, I wanted to do the clock thing and have twelve dong's, then I remembered to have something that was actually plot-relevant.]

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:21 pm
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Jia-li///

I fidgeted nervously behind the shuffling wise woman, who was taking an hour to walk up each step.

"Wise woman," I said, trying t=not to sound too impatient. "Would you like me to carry you? The Princess sounded urgent."

"No, no," She muttered through her empty gums. "I will be fine."

After three more steps and forty more minutes, I stepped in front of her, making her stop. I would get hit for this later.

"Move, girl," She said, waving her cane at my legs.

"Wise woman, let me carry you. Please. The Princess needs us and we must go quickly."

She sighed, but I knew she'd given in. I turned around and knelt so she could climb on my back. After a little more situating, we were good to go, and I stood up. "Go, go!" She screeched out, whacking the back of my knees with her damned cane. I clenched my jaw and ran up the steps.
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:27 pm
ScarlettFire says...

There are two girls, I believe.

Jemsie:

I looked at my watch. Midnight. Hmm... I looked up and frowned. The moon was up and full... It wasn't a full moon for another week...or had I lost count of the date again?

I jerked my head up when I heard footsteps. What was that? I turned around, scanning the alley. Yes, I was in an alley.... Hiding from an ex of mine.

"Hello?" I called faintly. Nothing.

A shadow shifted. I blinked, staring at the far end of the alley. No, just no. It shifted again. What was that?

I didn't want to stay and find out. I turned and ran.

-----

I groaned rolling over. I was still tired. Why was it bright.

"Do you have any idea where we are?"

I snapped my eyes open and shot upright. What the hell?

I looked around. There was another girl laying beside me and four guys. One of whom was crawling towards me.

"What'd you say?" I asked and took a closer look at our surroundings. Was this a....field? "Where the hell are we?" I asked and stood up, looking around some more.

"That's what I want to know," he said.

"Jemsie," I said. He stared at me. "My name."

"Oh," he said, rubbing his head. "Cain."

I nodded and looked around some more. There was dust flying up into the air from the direction of a tall mountain with some kind of building on it.

"Uh... Cain. What is that?" I asked. He turned to look at what I was pointing at.

"I...don't know."

"Well," I said. "Whatever it is. I think we should all be up for this." I turned to look at the others. "Quick, help me wake them up."

199 Reviews

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm
Apple says...

Ace & Xavier

I felt something heavy hit my head. I cringed at the fiery pain. Opening my eyes slightly I stared up at Xavier's blue eyes. He held on to my shoudlers digging his nails into my skin.

His arms shook me wildly, thrashing my head against the hard earthen floor. I cried out pushing Xavier off of me.

"Xavier are you insane!" I shouted, "I am trying to sleep here, I have work tomorrow and am not going to get fired because of you..you..your." I looked around myself in fright, where was I?

What the was going on. Large trees wree mounted around a small group, what looked like snow sat on the tree tops.
"Wow," I awed.
Xavier grabbed at my hand and pulled me to my feet, "And that's not the worst part look!" I looked up to see man in heavy armour riding towards us.
"Cool!"

I stared at Ace my mouth dropping. His black hair was ruffled and his eyes seemed dazed, he still thought he was sleeping. Sinking my fingers into his leg he yowled.

"What was that for" he asked.
"This is not a dream, Ace." Ace blinked staring at the people screaming around us.
"Of course it is!" He said, "I mean it's not every day you wake up in China and seee Samuri's running up towards us.

I sighed, "They're real!"
I spy!

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 pm
AngerManagement says...

Atieno

I sat on the stairs in front of the local Pub waiting for the neighbourhood drunks to come out. Normally I would be in the town centre looking for much more alert victims but I was much to tired and hungry. I glued my eyes to the door waiting eagerly for a victim.

The doors opened with a creak.

Finally.
I saw a dark figure walked out of the Pub and straight towards me. I stood up and broke into a run. But in front of me was another dark figure.

Aww, Mahn

THISISTHECOOLESTPAGEBREAKYOUWILLEVERSEE.

I rolled over on the grass. Wait.What? I pushed my self up and looked around me. There was a group of us. Us? I was scared but I bit it back. These people seem harmless.

Two of them were also awake and talking. I rolled back to the grass pretending I was asleep but I had been noticed.

"Hi. What's your name?" The girl asked as she peered at my grimy clothes.

"Go away." I spat out ignoring her look and how evil I sounded at the moment.

She turned away and returned to her conversation.

Oh, great job Atieno. Push away anyone who actually knows what it happening.I reprimanded.

"Are we going to die?" I asked.

But I got no answer.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket