z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 7)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:55 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Emery smiled again. "I'm delighted. They're good men with big hearts."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander smiled too. “I am, as well. She deserves every bit of their love. She’s got all of mine, forever, since ever, and she deserves oceans more. She’s a good kid. Has a heart of gold, exactly like her mother.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Then she shouldn't worry about anything the way she does. She's a good kid, like you say, and she's won over the people who matter: you and her family."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

It hurt a bit to be divided into a different specification from ‘her family’ — he was the longest standing family member she had. But still. He knew what Emery meant. He nodded. “I couldn’t agree more… now if we could only get Ky to see that…”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Ouch oopsie)

"We'll work with her while you're gone if you work with her while you're here," Emery said. "It'll be alright, eventually. She just needs time."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha)

Zander nodded. “Bouncy… hopefully… and, hey, you got an actual grin out of her earlier. So you’re doing wonderfully already.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:08 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Glad to hear it! Let's hope others get a smile out of her as well. The Ashes in particular; they're the ones she needs to get close to."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander sobered a bit at that. He wasn’t sure Gaius nor Ky had it in them to become ‘close’ with almost anyone and all, and certainly not with each other. “I do home so.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:17 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"So do I." He noted Zander's expression. "They'll come around, Zander. Gaius might surprise you."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I hope that as well.” He glanced over at Emery. “He doesn’t seem capable of having a light touch. And she’s too fragile to bully into healing.”

He’d watched the bullheaded exchange between Gaius and Ky that night at dinner, and he had a feeling that that pattern would continue. With multiple things. Gaius trying to out-stubborn her and it just ending remarkably badly for both of them.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"He isn't a bully," Emery said firmly. "And he's fully capable of having a light touch. When he's not in the mood, Sara is just as good. Sera, too."

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:56 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander nodded. He wasn’t convinced. But he hoped so. She was stuck here either way, whether he made it hellish for her or not. “Good.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"And if Gaius suddenly decides to be the monster he always tries not to be," Emery continued, a bit tetchily, "I'll throw myself at his feet and take the hit, okay?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:16 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I’m not suggesting he’s a monster,” Zander said calmly, trying to defuse the situation. He hadn’t expected Emery to get this defensive over a simple, honest comment. “I’m just saying there’s a fair bit of room between a teddy bear and an asshole. You and Tomhas trend towards teddy bear, Gaius and I trend towards the asshole side of the spectrum. And there’s not anything inherently wrong with that. We just have to actively remind ourselves that Ky needs a teddy bear and a security blanket besides.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:18 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Gaius isn't a teddy bear, but he doesn't lean toward asshole either." Emery frowned. "It's not a binary spectrum, Zander."

she/her

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale