z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 6)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:39 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded again and wiped the residual tears away, glad that fresh weren’t taking their place. Yet. Her body felt so, so heavy. So did her heart. And she didn’t quite seem to have it in her to offer a smile, so she didn’t, even tho her gut felt like she should.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:44 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra sighed taking a loose strand of hair and starting to braid it. "For what it's worth, I think you've been doing great so far."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:47 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky wasn’t sure what she was referring to, but even just a vague reassurance was nice, she guessed. “You do?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:56 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

She nodded. "At least, you look like you are. Especially this past week. You get along with everyone better than I ever could."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:00 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky shook her head, sighing. “You actually have the guts to be who you are. I just have a visceral need to make people like me.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I don't," Lyra disagreed. "Not at all; I never did. Especially not now."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:04 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky glanced at her, but didn’t want to make her uncomfortable, so she looked back at her knees. “Oh?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:08 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra nodded, going quiet again.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:12 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded, deciding not to push it. “If you ever want to talk, um, well… I… I don’t actually know much. But I’m good at listening. And, um… well… I know you had it worse than I ever did, but I think I understand more than… I feel like you understand what I…” Ky shrugged, deciding to cut her losses and stop making things awkwarder. “I don’t know.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:15 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra swallowed, took a deep breath. "I don't...." She looked down. "I don't want to think about it. Talking won't help, thinking makes it worse. I'm just going to exist." She glanced up, lips set in a thin line. "I'll be there for you, though. If you ever need anything, Ky. You helped me, and you're my sister. I'll help you."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:17 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Thank you.” Ky nodded, not believing one little bit that Lyra didn’t think about it. They were alike in a lot of ways. And Ky was fairly certain one of those ways was observing and remembering a lot. Which didn’t serve either of them well, when it came to what they’d lived through. She furrowed her brow, trying to think of what Lyra could possibly be talking about. “You helped me, though. I haven’t done anything for you?”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:28 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra closed her eyes. "You were kind."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:32 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh.” Ky felt like an asshole. Aleth was the one who had sent her to talk to Lyra… but… then… she supposed she hadn't actually done what Aleth wanted. She’d made a half-hearted attempt so that she could be honest when she reported back to him, but she’d found a certain measure of solidarity in Lyra, and she latched onto it like the love-starved little rat that she was “…so were you.” She blushed a bit, staring down at her hands. “I didn’t get much of that, before all this.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:03 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I know." Lyra kept braiding, fingers twisting the strands absently. "I'm sorry for that. You're too nice to ever have been with someone like Aleth."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:50 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky glanced at her, and pang of envy running through her. It’d been so long since her hair was long enough to braid. Ky subconsciously ran her hand through her own hair, tugging some of the knots out. “So are you.”

She was, once again, not sure how Tomhas could have possibly done this to Lyra. Ky had gotten kidnapped. Her Papa had gotten stabbed in his attempt to stop the soldiers. And Tomhas willingly schlepped Lyra off to Tarr. Ky couldn’t understand.

[they/he]

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats