z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 6)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Even so." She looked pityingly in the direction Ky had gone. "Where am I taking you, sir?'

"I wasn't sleeping." She came further out of her room. "Are you alright? What's the matter?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:58 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander took a deep breath and sighed again. “I guess to my room? That’s probably where she’ll look first, if she decides to come back… Zander, by the way.” He offered her a hand.

“I-I-“ Ky’s breaths were jagged now, toying with the verge of hyperventilating. “I’m sorry. I don’t know. I’m sorry.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:40 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
You ever have moments when you are confronted with the fact that your character is, in fact, actually you? xD My home girl and I were both squirming through this haha my brain kept being like “it’s gonna get funny… he’s gonna do something funny… it’s not just going to be silence… you’re not Ky you can deal with—“ haha

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdy2e9h6/

(Ironically this creator’s name is also Ky)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:23 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(The fact that he stares directly at the camera makes it an UNcomfortable silence, which induces anxkyiety.)

"Pamela." She shook his hand. "I'll get you there."

She came toward her. "Do you want help?" She reached out to take the key, her other hand resting on Ky's shoulder.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:26 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(booo you and your puns xD)

"Nice to meet you." Zander dipped his head, stepping back to let Pamela have access to the stairs, should she desire to go first. He'd prefer if she set the pace -- he was happy with any speed that was comfortable for her.

Ky flinched but didn't pull away. Her pride wanted to refuse the help. To insist she was fine. But she was still crying and trembling too hard to work the lock, and she handed the key over to Lyra. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm sorry."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:32 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I come from a very punny family. My sister and father infected me long ago)

Pamela started up the stairs at an even pace. "You as well. You seem a friendly sort."

"You don't have to apologize for anything." Lyra unlocked the door for her. "Do you want to talk, Ky?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:35 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(haha fair enough)

"I try to be," Zander answered with a little smile. "And I could say the same of you. You have a very calming energy."

Ky was marinating in guilt and embarrassment. And still trembling. And crying. She rubbed roughly at her face, trying to hide the evidence, even as her eyes produced fresh proof. "I'm sorry. N-nothing's wrong. I just... I don't know why I'm crying. I'm sorry."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:38 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"So I've been told." She chuckled gently. "Thank you."

"Something is obviously wrong." Lyra looked her up and down, not judgementally. "If you don't want me to come in I can gi, but if you need to talk I'm here."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky had a pang of guilt. This was her little sister. She shouldn't be trauma-dumping on her. She was supposed to be the one that was here for Lyra, not the other way around. And yet.

"I mean..." She hiccuped and stepped inside, pushing the door further open invitingly. "If you want. It's up to you. I'm sorry."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra dipped her head. "It's up to you, Ky. Not me." She clasped her arm, waiting for an answer.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:45 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky took a shaky breath that was audibly raspy. What was she supposed to do? She was humiliated. And yet the thought of self-consoling seemed awful. She'd gotten so entitled these past few months, pretending that she deserved to have people at her beck and call to comfort her any time she decided to be stupid. But, well...

"I mean... if you want..." she said, not quite capable of asking her to stay, and yet hoping she would. "That might be... nice."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:49 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Okay." Lyra stepped inside, glancing around. "Wow. This is quite a room." She herself had asked her uncle for a small room on purpose, but she was sure Ky wouldn't have asked for something this grand. She hoped she didn't feel embarrassed by it.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:53 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky took a deep breath and turned back towards the room with a bewildered nod. She'd forgotten the terrifying nature that was this room. Why had she come here? It wasn't like she could actually come in here. Especially not since she was still mussed up from Rönn.

"Yeah..." Ky agreed. Lyra must be used to this level of luxury. But it still made Ky so wildly uncomfortable. She bent down and started taking off her shoes, still resolved not to set foot past the entrance, ever, while wearing shoes.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:57 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Lyra was barefoot bud had her nightgown and fur shawl wrapped around her. She said nothing; she'd let Ky talk if she needed.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:58 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky struggled with even a task as simple as taking off her shoes, too, and eventually got so frustrated she gave up and just sat down by the wall and pulled her knees to her chest. "Nothing is working."

[they/he]

What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant?
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice