z

Young Writers Society

Of Crows and Songbirds

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky blushed. She wasn't used to being asked her opinion. Especially not when she was on such thin ice. And. Well. Asking for favors was hard. But. "... if you don't mind..."

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:41 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Not at all!" He smiled gently. "Lead the way."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:43 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky ducked her head, then nodded to Ash and Bay, "Sirs." And took a step towards the door.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

They both nodded back.
Emery followed Ky.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:50 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She forced herself to walk slowly and deliberately at first. Respectable. Calm. But the closer they got to the door the faster she walked, subconsciously. On a mission.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:51 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Emery walked several steps behind, giving her some space.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky caught herself as she got to the door and forced herself to pause and hold it open for Emery. She didn't want to give even the slightest appearance of trying to get away from him. Because she wasn't. Nor would she ever. Not a chance. He was her verifiable proof of good behavior.

Unless she pissed him off somehow and made him lie to Ash to get her tossed in the dungeon next to Aleth.

But.

He seemed very, very kind. So she doubted that was likely, so long as she kept to the straight and narrow. Which she fully intended to do.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:56 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Thanks." He nodded to her as he stepped through the door.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:58 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Sure thing!" She let the door close as she strode next to him on the way to Tadaaki's room, grateful it was on the same floor. All this excitement -- the generous descriptor of the sheer amount of stress upon her -- was starting to exhaust her. She'd need to rest before long.

She hesitated as they got to his door.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Emery hesitated as well. "I'm not supposed to do this," he said quietly, "but if you want some unsupervised time to talk with him I can give it to you. Five minutes and then I'll knock?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I..." Ky stared at him, the literal definition of conflicted. Because. Well. She desperately wanted time alone with him, unsupervised. But she also very, very, very much didn't want to break any rules whatsoever. Was this a test? It felt like a test. "... don't want to get into trouble, sir."

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It'll be on me if there's any trouble." He gave her a little smile. "At worst I'll get a scolding. Go on, it's okay."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Are-are you sure, sir?" she asked, still nervous. Was she failing the test? She felt like she was. "I-I don't want it to appear that we're... I don't know how it would appear... but. Well. I... uh..." she glanced at the door. She wanted it very badly, if this was a genuine offer.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He shrugged. "You're going through some tough stuff right now. Whatever you do in there isn't any of my business; I'll just stand down the hall, give you five minutes, then you can continue the conversation with me in the room."

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:16 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yessir… thank you.” She dipped her head, deciding to risk failing the test. She felt like she’d have a solid defense about not knowing it wasn’t allowed, if her babysitter was offering it. He was the one supposed to enforce the rules. Tell her what was or wasn’t okay. She stepped to the side so he could unlock the door.

(Bruh my forearms both just got very itchy and I am scared haha *chuckles* I’m in danger)

[they/he]

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken