z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 13)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:21 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“…what’s wrong?” Ky looked at him in concern. This was his idea. Why did he seem so hesitant now?
Attachments
FB73AFA5-483A-42EC-B99E-86D7CF03E154.jpeg

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:40 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh noooo)

He glanced at her and forced a smile, then winced. "Nothing, nothing. It's just..." He shrugged. "I haven't been outside the walls since..."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:48 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Honestly wish I would have just started with this solution. I was trying to repair it properly and lost like almost three hours. Fuck this entire day)

“…oh,” she said gently… was Gertie one of Tomhas’s soldiers’ horses? God. That almost felt worse. “…I’m sorry… we don’t have to go if you don’t want to… or the five of us could go and you could hang back…”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:32 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"No, I'll have to go eventually." He took a deep breath. "It's not like there's a troll outside waiting for us now, right?'
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:37 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky tugged on Gertie’s reins, stopping her. Her stomach flopped. “Why would you say something like that?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:08 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas glanced at her, face flushing. "Sorry. I just, you know, trying to convince myself that that's not what's gonna happen."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:10 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I mean… yeah… that’s reasonable.” She nodded hesitantly. “But I feel like anytime anyone says ‘well at least’ — then whatever they said, then happens. The universe scorns us.” Her superstition grew with each day.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I hope not." He shivered despite himself. "Let's just keep our fingers crossed."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Oh. My. Fucking. God. I am so fucking done with this goddamn day. My tire just popped. Not got a slow leak. No the fucking sidewall blew out going highway speeds. Fuck this. I’m still safe but I literally burned my knees and my palms from how fucking hot it is as I changed it. Not to mention I’m moving so my car is as full as it will go and I had to pull every fucking thing out of my trunk to get the tire out. And now the spare is low and I have to wait for my friend to bring me his pump)

“…yeah.” She nodded. “…it’ll be okay.” She forced a weak smile on his behalf. She didn’t believe that at all. It very much felt like karma was about to strike. And she didn’t like it at all.
Attachments
1797FD29-AA29-4662-AEC6-53F3E85C81A8.jpeg

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:43 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh my god)

He forced one as well. "...Together then?" He moved his horse forward tentatively.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(I decided to take an extra day off work so I’m spending the night with my friends. They fed me and I’m happier now. But it was 14 hours between leaving my house and getting to theirs)

Ky gently nudged Gertie into a walk as she plodded next to them. “So… are you getting anything for yourself?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:06 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(That's fair; I'm glad you got a break though!!)

"Maybe. Probably some sweets and snacks." He looked up at the arch as they rode through the gates. "And I might stop by the tavern."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:10 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Thanks! Me too haha my friends bless their understanding of my introverted self they were like ‘here’s food, we’re gonna give you a few’ and let me eat and decompress and then I came out of the kitchen much happier so we have been hanging out since haha)

“Oh?” Ky asked, following his gaze and then glancing at him.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:23 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(They sound amazing; that's the best! Have fun with them!)

"Yeah. I have some friends there."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:42 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Thanks!)

“Oh, that’s nice.” Ky smiled. “I hope they’re there so you can see them.”

[they/he]

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman