z

Young Writers Society

Rhythms of Chaos

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Pudin, Billy, Kaywiia and Squall need to post.

Jesse:

"It's nothing, Myles," I mutterd, pushing his hand down, being careful not to touch the blade. "Let's just go, okay?"

**Sorry, it's short.**
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:55 am
CelticaNoir says...

Geneva pulled Jonathan out of the way as a large block of ceiling fell on the spot he was on just seconds ago. It was total and utter chaos around them - Geneva finally decided that they couldn't keep on doing this forever.

"Alright you guys, let's pull back!"

Jonathan and Michael looked almost disappointed at not being able to do in more of the mutants, but they looked at her and nodded. "Fine with us. I suppose we won't last in here for long anyway." Michael winced as a block of cinder crashed down behind them. "Okay, that's definitely enough deliberating."

"Let's go!"

Then suddenly, something large and heavy fell on Geneva's head. She only had a moment to register what had happened to her - and then, all went black.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:31 pm
View Likes
Billy says...

**Sorry I haven't posted in ages. Also, since the original idea was for them to be getting out of the colony, maybe they could be sent to find something better than the sea serpent to protect the town?**

Jeremiah

Another mutant went stumbling away from him, its jaw having been crushed like glass by a blow from his fist. Jeremiah finished it off with a strong, overhead swing of his club, sending it sprawling to the floor, a tangle of limbs. Whether it was unconscious or dead, he could not be sure. But, if it did ever wake up, it would be from several months of coma.

He stepped up to attack another, and Geneva quickly grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back. The mutant lunged forward, giving a guttural snarl as it did. It managed a half step before a cinder block dropped slammed into its back, pinning it to the floor.

It only took a brief exchange between Geneva and the two Ulis brothers a moment of discussion before they decided it would be best to make their escape. As she reached the stairs, though, Michael and Jeremiah close behind her, half a brick dropped from just above Geneva, clipping the side of her head.

Jeremiah caught her just before she hit the ground, and Michael quickly examined her head. There was a little blood, but not enough to signifiy a serious problem. "She'll live." Michael said, "But we'll want to get her out of here as soon as possible."

The lower floor was empty when they reached it, and the house was already starting to come down all around them. The crackle of flames was now audible on the second floor, and blocks and tiles were dropping through the wooden floors. A mutant following them down the stairs was knocked halfway through them by a block, suspended amongst the planks.

The brothers did not spare it a second glance as they burst out the door, back into the town. Everywhere they looked, people were running, screaming, from mutants and dogs. The houses were in flames. Michael gave his sword an experimental swing, loosening his arm as he saw the rest of their family approaching. All were looking ready to deal with the monsters, their brothers and father holding bloodstained weapons, their mother and sisters practically glowing with unearthly power.

"Get her to the forest." Michael said, "It looks like a lot of the villagers went that way." He grunted, "Father'll want to round up those who're left to fight. We've still got to finish these creatures if we want to get around to rebuilding the town."
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:22 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Darkkon-

I watched villagers run past the tree I had re-stationed myself in. None seemed important enough for me stop. I waited, waited... and then two came. A boy, carrying a semi-conscious girl. I was bored, and they looked like they would be good to fight. The boy, at least. I pulled out my new dagger and dropped down to the ground in front of them. The boy stopped and fumbled for a weapon. "Going somewhere?" I asked.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:23 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((Dreamy, who are those two meant to be?))

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm
ToritheMonster says...

geneva and jeremia... they were retreating to the forest.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:29 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Ah, right.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 am
Squall says...

Corrie

There was a slight rustling of the leaves that day as Corrie was out hunting in the forest. He liked being in the forest, as it had always brought him this calmness, this ease of mind. He was able to hunt for food for himself and his friends easily today. Normally, his aim would be slightly off due to him shaking out of excitement.
The dirt road that he was walking on was now lost to the overgrowth of the forest. He found himself to be in some sort of clearing. There, he saw two kids that seemed to be running away from something.

“Hey, what are you guys doing?”

“Just run! There’s someone after us!”
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:23 am
eldEr says...

Thanks Scarlett for letting me join! I had to correct a few spelling typos though... :lol:
Character Profile:

Name: Meckiah

Age (13-20): 17

Skills/Occupation: (warrior, thief, etc, or not?) Ex-warrior apprentice, turned to theif after becoming orphaned. She knows a ton about plants and herbs. (Obviously considering her power)

Magical or Non-magical: Magical, can bring any plant to life with a single breath. If the plant was young when it died, it will be restored to the age it would be had it been living. (If it died of natural old age, it will remain at maturity)

Personality: Wise, laid back, often sarcastic, not depressed but not thrilled with life either, eager and secretive. She keeps to herself most of the time, but is extremely deffensive and loyal to those she loves.

Appearance: Long, wavy black hair, bright green eyes, rosy lips, very pretty (pretty only because her gift is life, which adds to beauty)

Likes: music and nature as well as poetry. She has a soft spot for animals and loves to listen to running water.
Dislikes: royalty and barons and snobbish behaviour

History: She grew up in a poor home money-wise. Her parents were her everything until about eight. Strange robed men arrived at her house and murdered her parents before her eyes. She hid beneath her bed and escaped death. Later, she began to train as a swords-woman, but ended up quitting because often her fellow trainees made fun of her family. She turned to thievery, although she kept a fairly soft heart towards the poorer. She learned that a baron whom her father owed money had been the one to organize her parent's murder and every since she's despised royalty and the rich.

Other: Though she quit training, she is an excellent swords-woman and is not afraid to fight in her deffence. She usually keeps to herself, but she has a very open heart to those she loves and trusts.

Up for love: yes

_____________________________________________________________________________________
MECKIAH
Jesse and Myles' camp
I sit, peering from my perch in the tree at the camp before me.
I loose my balance and fall to the ground. A sharp pain wrenches through my ankle and I yelp. Great, Just What I need, I think bitterly. I had planned on raiding their camp for food, looks like my cover's been blown.
Two people turn their heads to glare at me and I close my eyes when they begin to walk forwards.
Please, let me live! I plead silently.
Last edited by eldEr on Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 am
ScarlettFire says...

Jesse:

Myles and I stumbled into the camp to see it pretty much as it was when we left. I looked up when I saw two of our group headed for what seemed to be a hurt girl.

"Hey!" I yelled and started coughing. "Bring her over here and find Angella!" Beside me, Myles was slippnig out of my grip. "Damn it," I muttered and sat down abruptly, bringing Myles down with me.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 am
eldEr says...

MECKIAH

I gulped as the people approach me. I tried desperately to show my pain, silently pleading they would take pity on me. I reached behind me to make sure my sword was still in its sheath behind my cloak. I sigh in relief when I feel its imprint against my fingers. I would use it need be, and that was a possiblilty. These people all looked fierce. All of this over a bit of food.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 am
Billy says...

Jeremiah

The woods seemed to flash by as he jogged through them, ducking a little so that Geneva's unconscious body would not hit any rogue tree branches. He could hear the distant crunch of undergrowth under the shoes of fleeing villagers, and knew that he must be drawing close to them.

He skidded to a stop with less than ten metres to spare when a man dropped, without warning, from a tree in front of them. He held a dagger loosely in one hand, and gave them a smile that only confirmed Jeremiah's immediate thoughts on this man - he was the one behind the whole attack.

Geneva could only be a hinderance in a fight, in her state it likely would not even be possible to react quickly if she returned to full consciousness. He lowered her to the ground carefully, keeping an eye on the newcomer as he then grabbed his club. Trying to reason with this man crossed his mind briefly, but it probably would not help at all. Still, the man was sorely misjudging him if he thought that Jeremiah would be an easy fight.

"Why are you doing all this?" Jeremiah asked, "Why do you want to attack our town? We've done nothing to you!"
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:32 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MYLES

"You need some help," he muttered, looking down at the camp.

"Yeah, well it's not like you're in the best shape either," she sighed, closing her eyes in pain.

Myles couldn't even muster the strength to help lift her to the camp. The deep scratches on his back and the bites on the rest of his body seemed to burn and sting the more he moved.

Myles stood up, groaning. "I'm going to go get help from camp. Yell if you need me. I mean, I won't be far from you, okay?" He asked.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Jesse:

"I'm fine for now, Myles," I muttered and looked up at him. "Go see to the camp. And find Angella. She's vanished."

He nodded but didn't move yet. He was hesitating, why was he hesitating? I frowned, staring up at him.

"Go!" I told him sternly. Well, as sternly as I could while trying not to cough up more blood.

He sighed and headed into the camp. Amazingly, it was untouched...which I found weird. Then again, it could be the magic in some of our blood...or maybe not.

I watched Myles as he made a round of the camp and then came across the new girl. He stood, staring down at her, his back stiff. It was obvious that he was in pain.

I tried to tell him not to hurt her but my vision darkened dangerously. Ah... Crap, don't tell me I'm going to pass out... And then I did. Double crap.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

MYLES

"Who're you?" He growled. "What's your name?"

The girl glared at him. "Why don't you tell me who you are first," she replied.

Myles frowned, angrily. "You're in my camp. And if you weren't a girl, I'd slit your throat without a question," he lied. He hated to kill.

Myles listened for Jesse. He would have expected her to yell for him by now. At least for him to stop threatening the woman.

Myles shoved away his pride. "Look, I need you to help me with my friend. She's hurt and I'm too hurt to help carry her right now. So would you-"

He almost said please. He couldn't - no wouldn't- say please. That would be too much like begging.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore