z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 6)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Oh, no, no, I wasn’t saying that as in I want to stop. I am desperately trying to wake up with or without this and if anything it’s helping me in that effort since it’s motivation to listen to my alarm haha I need to wake up so that I have a prayer of actually going to sleep tonight otherwise I will completely and totally wreck the sleep schedule and never go to bed at a decent hour lol I just thought it was funny is why I shared. I honestly think I’m going to get up to get some food rn but I, too, am running out of things to say. You want to skip ahead a bit?)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:27 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sure, let's skip then. Wanna go to after dinner or somewhere further into dinner, or elsewhere?)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Maybe after dinner? Or we can go elsewhere, if you like. I’m honestly running out of ideas in general, but I do know for a fact that Zander isn’t going to drop the lie and Pratik probably won’t, either, lol could be fun to see that, but also don’t really want to just be RPing with my own three characters, so dunno if you have an idea for your own to be involved in the interrogation? Lol otherwise we can skip over that, too, idk. What are you feeling?)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:33 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I'd love to see Zander grilling Ky! I can have Gaius step in if you like to try and defend her.)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha okay perfect! Maybe sometime after dinner, then, so there are fewer POV to keep track of? Also fewer witnesses since I feel like this is not something most of the rest of them need to know haha)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Yeah sounds good!)

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:41 am
View Likes
Shady says...

The dinner had eventually gotten less tense, and Ky started breathing again, but her avoidance was still strong and she did her best to engage with anyone other than Zander. Which just made him all the more convinced that she was hiding something. And strengthened his resolve to pull it out of her.

“C’mon, kiddo,” Zander said as they stepped into the hall, intercepting her as she tried to make her escape. “Let’s go somewhere to chat.”

A stab of panic shot through her. It sounded innocent enough on the surface — even his tone was gentle. But they both knew fully well what that ‘chat’ was going to be about. And they both knew fully well that Zander was going to get what he wanted from it. “…no?”

“There’s a sitting room right up this way,” Pratik said, also striding towards them. He, too, knew what conversation was about to take place, and he wouldn’t miss it for the world.

“Perfect!” Zander wrapped his arm around Ky’s shoulders and started guiding her down the hall, feeling her anxiety increase with each step they took. It didn’t take long before the three of them made it to the sitting room and strode inside, Emery presumably following, but none of them bothered to check.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:52 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Emery was indeed following behind and so, at a distance, was Gaius. He didn't want Ky cornered without support; gods knew what might happen if they found out the truth. And this was his mess to fix, as well.
He caught up to Emery only because Emery was going slow enough to allow it.
"I'll debrief you later," he murmured. "But what you hear in this room, you're not to repeat to anybody. Understood?" Emery gave a nod.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander flopped down on one of the couches with a contented sigh, and yawned. Pratik, too, sat down, body language nonchalant, but he was still very alert despite it all.

Ky sat down on a sofa across from both of them. She was doing her best not to fidget and was doing a remarkably good job of that — another one of the very few things Aleth had given her. She was even doing a fairly good job of keeping a neutral expression. But anxiety was still oozing out of her, and her eyes were guilty.

Zander watched her for a moment, considering leading into it gently, but they all knew what he wanted. No point in beating around the bush. “You know what I want.”

“No?” Ky looked at him with a furrowed brow.

“And you also know that you’re a terrible liar.”

Ky sighed and rubbed her face. Yes. Yes she did. To both.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius entered after them with Emery. Emery took an armchair and Gaius sat down beside Ky, though he kept his distance.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky wasn’t sure if their presence made it worse or better. On one hand, she now had back up. On the other, she now had witnesses for when she inevitably fucked this up.

Zander looked at Gaius and Emery. They weren’t going to stop him. He looked back at Ky.

“Tell me what you know about marrow man,” Zander said, tone nonchalant and yet also very pointed.

“Nothing — he’s a legend, nothing more.” Ky made the mistake of making eye contact, and quickly looked away. “Kid’s story. I’m sure there are books if you want to read up on him.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius was glad that Ada hadn't tagged along for this. He kept silent for now, but his eyes never left Zander. If he pushed her too hard or if Ky got upset visibly, he'd step in.

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Then why are you acting like you have something to hide?”

“I’m not.” She glanced at him again. He raised an eyebrow. She looked away again. “I’m not hiding anything.”

“You sure about that?”

She knew fully well all three of them — and probably Emery, too, though she didn’t know how perceptive he was — knew that that was a bald faced lie. And yet she couldn’t think of anything more convincing on the spot. She desperately searched her mind to find something.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:22 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Our of curiosity," Gaius said quietly, "whaat are you going to do if she tells you nothing?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Zander looked at him for a moment in silence. He wasn’t going to do shit. And they both knew it. He wouldn’t hurt Ky for any reason whatsoever, even in either of their wildest imaginations — and certainly not for simply lying to him. “I can’t help but feel like this is something I should definitely know, if you’re trying so hard to keep it from me. If she’s in danger, or I’m in danger, or anyone else is in danger because of this, I feel like I have a right to know. What’s the harm in telling me?”

[they/he]

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp