z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:45 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Because I expect you're more attached to Ky than you are to Tadaaki. You're afraid to lose her." Tomhas shrugged. "Well, you're losing her for this trip because you're obviously not a trustworthy person. You're a mercenary, that's all. Now come on, we're wasting daylight. Up on the horse and off you go."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth set his jaw, infuriated. But it was clear that Loquitur wasn’t going to budge. And he certainly didn’t want Tarr to decide to toss him onto the horse forcibly. He turned away and muttered under his breath, “Fucking prick.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:00 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Words," Loquitur said airily. "Words on the wind grow cold when no one breathes them in. Best to keep them warm and safe in the lungs, no?" He gestured to the man on the horse. "This is Captain Alen. He'll see you as far as the edge of Lord's Woods. From there it's a day's walk to the Keep." Captain Alen dipped his head. He was a grizzled man in his mid-forties with pale, windblown skin and one eye missing. His graying red beard hung down in four braids.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Aleth nodded his acknowledgement, choosing to ignore Loquitur’s quip. He’d be glad to have protection, going off what he’d learned in that meeting. He looked at the horse in front of him hopelessly. He was never particularly good at riding to begin with — he always had Tadaaki and the carriage — but even getting on the horse seemed impossible just then. He didn’t know what to do. He’d rather die than ask for help. But it would be equally humiliating to prove he couldn’t do it himself.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Shall I give you a boost?" Tarr said with a grin. "You look dead on your feet." He strode over. Tomhas didn't interject, interested to see if Aleth would mount the horse himself or fall on his face.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Well, maybe if you hadn’t broken my half my ribs it’d go better,” Aleth snapped, tensing as Tarr neared, but he didn’t move away. He grimaced and got his foot in the stirrup, but even that had sent unbearable pain through his torso, so he waited sourly for Tarr to help.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tarr got him up into the saddle with no amount of gentleness and plenty of force, then stepped back. "Treat her well," he warned Aleth. "That mare's the offspring of my father's best stallion."
"I'll see to it he does, sir," Captain Alen replied.
"Safe journey," Tomhas said, saluting. "Both of you."

(Why are there so many "Ale" names in this rp? Aleth, Alex, Alen...)

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Hahah!)

Aleth was panting with pain and indignation by the time he finally sat upright in the saddle. He clenched his jaw, giving himself a moment to control the pain and anger. He decided to ignore Tarr and instead nodded to Loquitur. “Thank you.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas simply grinned at him. Tarr nodded to Alen, and the captain flicked the reins and tapped the metal gelding's sides. The horse trotted toward the open gate.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ah. Fuck.

He hadn’t considered they’d be trotting. That was even worse. He turned his horse towards the gate and clenched his teeth, decided refusing to whimper, and followed Alen out.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:48 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tomhas watched him go. The moment the pair were out of the Keep the gates began to close, and he grinned. "And that's that, until he sends a letter!" He started to dash toward the keep, then skidded to a halt and pointed at Constance. "Thank you for convincing me to hire him." His finger swerved to Arianna. "Thank you for being an excellent advisor; you and your wife are amazing." He paused on Tarr, then turned to Ewan. "Thank you for being born. I have things to do, I'll see you all later!" With that he disappeared into the Keep, making a beeline for the infirmary.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Lmao I love him so much xD)

Ky stayed curled next to Tadaaki, talking gently. It seemed that both of them had an equal amount of admiration for the other. They’d lived together for four years and yet were basically strangers. Aleth didn’t like not being part of conversations. And they didn’t like talking around him. Still, they had a stronger bond than she expected she’d ever have again.

(I’m about to study so I’ll be slower now!)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:54 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Okay, I've been multitasking this whole time so no sweat!)

Tomhas knocked rapidly on the door once he got there, then stepped inside.
"He's gone!" he announced, striking a dramatic pose in the doorway and spreading his arms wide. Lyra shot upright as the door swung open, eyes wide. She relaxed slightly when she saw her father, though she kept the covers pulled tight.

she/her

935 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:00 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Okay! Should be kinda back now lol still gotta study but done with study group so faster lol)

Ky and Tadaaki both started, Ky leaning away as Tadaaki yanked his arm away from her. They both felt strangely guilty, even though they hadn’t done anything wrong. Loquitur wouldn’t care about affection between them — Aleth had just feared them building too strong of a friendship against him.

“You watched him leave?” Ky asked anxiously, eyes wide as she looked at him. It was hard to believe. Aleth. Gone. It seemed equally likely that he said he was going to leave, then instead stash himself somewhere and appear at an inopportune moment to break a few of her ribs.

That was rude.

He wouldn’t have said it if it wasn’t true. She quickly looked down. “Apologies, I didn’t mean to question his lordship.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Out of the Keep, out of sight!" Tomhas pointed to the window, though it faced away from the Keep gates. "Gone, my friends. You're free!"

she/her

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin