z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 12)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She contemplated arguing that she didn’t eat meat at all because it was too hard to chew and get down. But then decided that wasn’t going to help her case whatsoever and quickly dismissed it. “…at one meal,” she corrected. He wasn’t going to walk her into agreeing to all three meals like this. He’d need to try harder than that.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:06 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius nodded. "Eventually every meal, with luck." He shuddered despite himself. He didn't relish the thought or the fact that he'd suggested this in the first place. He felt nauseous still, whether from fatigue or anxiety he wasn't sure.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:08 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky noticed, but didn’t comment on it. She felt the same. Was he as queasy as she was? Did he dread this as much as she did? Probably. She nodded and reluctantly agreed, “eventually.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:12 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He pushed himself off the wall and headed toward his study, huffing quietly. "Let's aim not to look like skeletons in a year, shall we?"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:16 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“… probably a good idea,” Ky agreed reluctantly. “…I’m not that skinny though.” Gaius was. But Ky hadn’t lost all that much weight. Just a little more angular than usual. It wasn’t a big deal.

(Just to be clear this is her continuing her streak of unreliable narration lol)

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:21 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I figured she must look pretty bad)

He gave her a skeptical look. "Hold up your hand." He held up his own as well. It was pale enough to be nearly transparent, and blue veins were spread across the tightly stretched skin. Each finger joint could be counted easily.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky pulled her hand out of her pocket, instinctively obeying before she processed what he wanted her to do it for. Her hand was in marginally better shape than his was — it still looked like living flesh with the capacity to be filled back out, rather than deathly skinny like his. But her fingers looked longer than they ever had before from how thin her fingers were now and her knuckles were prominent and ugly, now that she noticed them. She clenched her hand and shoved it back in her pocket sourly, furrowing her brow at him. “That means nothing.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:30 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You're wasting away." He lowered his own hand. "Your cheeks are hollow, and I can count the vertebrae on your neck. That means nothing?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:36 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky rubbed the back of her neck, self conscious now. Had everyone else noticed how disgusting her body was now? Gods. She didn’t realize what a spectacle she had apparently turned into, if he was making a hobby of counting her vertebrae. “It’s…” she was blushing profusely, which was prominent against how pale she’d grown the past few months of living in this climate. Paired with how bad her circulation had gotten from not moving much lately it made her seem even paler, which made the blush even more visible. “Not a big deal.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:38 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"It most certainly is," he said sharply, glancing over at her again. "Good gods, are you that set on not confronting this? That you'll deny you're falling apart physically?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:44 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky flinched despite herself, and shrank, dropping her gaze. She hadn’t expected to make him that angry. She supposed she couldn’t blame him, though. She was being infuriating. But she didn’t like confrontation and she certainly wasn’t enjoying whatever this intervention nonsense was supposed to be. Her face was burning even more now. “I just… why do you care? It doesn’t affect you what I do with my body.” Why was she still fighting with him? She couldn’t even meet his gaze.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:53 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Why? Because you're family. My brother's daughter. I'd care just as much for any of my other nieces or nephews. Family takes care of family."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

That… hit harder than she expected. And she couldn’t quite figure out how or why. He… viewed her as family? But he barely knew her. Less than most anyone else, even. She didn’t know what her emotions were doing or how she felt about any of that. “…oh.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:03 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He turned and started walking again, shaking his head. She really didn't understand--she still wasn't grasping the reality, was she? That she was a noble, a Loquitur. That because Tomhas cared about her, Gaius cared about her too. The girl couldn't fathom any sort of affection from anyone but Tomhas, it seemed.

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 am
View Likes
Shady says...

She’d upset him. Ky saw the head shake and felt the exasperation — though because it was genuinely there or because of her own perceptions was anyone’s guess. She couldn’t blame him, though. She’d just been accidentally insulting, hadn’t she? Informing Gaius he wasn’t allowed to care about her; or, at least, heavily suggesting that she didn’t think he did. When he’d been trying so painfully hard to show her otherwise. What a needy bitch. “… sorry.”

[they/he]

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk