z

Young Writers Society

Of Crows and Songbirds

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue May 24, 2022 6:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Supposed to?" Her brow furrowed. "Because it's safer to travel or because of dysphoria?"

(My medieval people know fancy contemporary medical words for sure)
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue May 24, 2022 6:49 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Haha magic of fiction)

“… girls are…” Ky shook her head, not looking at her. How could she explain herself? “My master didn’t… to get respect… I’m supposed to…” she shook her head. “It’s… I’m supposed to.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 6:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Do you want to?" She pressed the warm cloth to Ky's stomach, then lifted it abruptly as she saw the scars on her abdomen. "Sweet gods--"
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:05 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Sorry!” Ky said quickly, not sure how she’d upset the woman. Then she followed her gaze and cringed. Ah. That. Her entire abdomen was basically a bruise at this point, the exact points of impact darker, but the bruises running into each other and melding into a splotchy blanket that covered her torso. It was probably the scars, though. One of the fresh ones was on her right hip. It was healed but admittedly looked particularly festering against the backdrop of bruised skin. The other was higher up on her left ribs, covered by the binder right now, and hurt far worse. “… sorry… sorry.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:10 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ky." She looked up at her. "Dear, who did this to you?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:15 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“I-I did, I-I embarrassed him— I… I won’t do it again, I promise.” Ky shook her head quickly, but that made her lightheaded so she stopped. “It was my fault, but I, I’ll listen better now. I swear it. I’m sorry.” There was no chance in hell she was selling her story. There were at least five other blooms visible across her lower abdomen, all completely healed and various ages, but proof that she had a long history of being very, very bad.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:17 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sera took a deep breath. "You have nothing to fear from anyone here," she said gently. "Whoever did this won't do it again, you can be sure of that."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:20 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yes’m.” Ky nodded, dropping her gaze. Not for a while, anyhow. She had no doubt she was on her way to another for how badly she’d choked about her binder. But he wouldn’t do that until they left. “Sorry.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:24 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You've got nothing to apologize for." She continued her work with the cloth, visibly disturbed. "I won't make you take the binder off yet but once you're calmer and more stable we'll see about it."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:27 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yes’m.” Ky dipped her head, cringing a bit. It didn’t seem like a good sign when you made an apothecary uneasy with your wounds. She must just hate her for how bad this meant she was. The fact that her master had bothered to be this meticulous. It wasn’t just a heat of the moment beating. Oh no. This was thought out. Deserved.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:29 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Let me know when you'd like more tea. The soup will be up soon." She sat Ky up slightly and started warming her back.

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:34 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky nodded. She’d drink as much tea and eat as much soup as was forced on her. She made no promises about keeping it down, but she’d do her best. But she most certainly didn’t want to have to consume anything else.

A tremor ran through Ky as the woman put the flaming cloth to her back. She tried to hide it, but it was impossible to do so since it racked her entire body. It ended with a sharp, shaky exhalation.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:38 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sara paused. "That hurt?" she asked in concern. "I'm sorry, dear. It's as cool as I can make it without it being ineffective. Hang in there; it'll be over soon."

she/her

935 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky wanted to answer, but she didn’t trust her voice, so she just nodded shakily instead.

“…is that enough?” Tadaaki murmured, looking up at the assistant. He’d managed to get about a third of the mug down. He was fairly certain it’d filled in each and every crack throughout his entire body. He didn’t know where he was gonna put any more if they said he had to finish the mug.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2022 7:42 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

He nodded. "That'll do. Sera says there will be soup as well. I'm going to warm your back and chest now, alright?"

she/her

Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks.
— TryHardNinja