z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 6)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:48 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Oh yeah!” Ky grinned, excited. “I didn’t know ‘Talemaster’ was a thing but it sounds like the world’s coolest job! Ingrid said I should talk to Yra about it.”

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I couldn't agree more." Gaius had considered mentioning the Talemasters before but had decided to let her find out for herself. "Talemaster Yra seems like she might be a kindred spirit for you."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:00 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah!” Ky smiled. “I haven’t met her yet, but I really like Ingrid, so I feel like I’ll like Yra too.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ingrid is a good woman," Gaius agreed. "She talks more than I'd strictly like, but she has a kind heart and she's been a part of that library longer than I've been alive."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:20 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“She mentioned,” Ky said, then immediately realized it sounded like she’d been gossiping. Which she kind of had. But there was no universe in which she was willing to rat out Ingrid. “That she’s been here a very long time. Fifty years, was it?”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:29 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius nodded. "I think she's one of the last to have known my grandfather."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky watched him for a moment, trying to gauge if there was a discernible emotion attached to that statement. But she couldn’t. So instead she settled on a neutral, “A long time.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:39 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Indeed." He studied her as she watched him, and he brow furrowed slightly. "She's one of the diary organizers, you know."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:45 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Had Ingrid already told him? Goddamn it she couldn’t get away with a single thing when it came to Gaius. Well, joke was on him. She wasn’t going to volunteer anything unless he directly asked. “Yeah, she, uh, said you’ve got an impressive amount of Ash family history. I’m definitely interested in reading some of that, too.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

That was news to him. He raised his head a bit more, fixing his eyes on her. Did she know what she was saying? Surely she knew he wouldn't let her near those journals. "Are you."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Shit, shit, shit. “Like, there are ones from like Venr’s time, right? Long history.”

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:11 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Gaius nodded; she was steering the conversation away from what she really wanted to talk about rather obviously. "I highly recommend the diary of Bjarne Ash, Venr's son," he said coolly. "Fascinating stories about the beginnings of Lordship and settlement."

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I’ll be sure to ask Ingrid for it… after astronomy, of course.” She wasn’t getting away with it. But if he didn’t explicitly tell her not to, then all hope wasn’t lost. Yet.

[they/he]

115 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:18 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Certainly." He made a mental note to have the diaries with more sensitive information moved as soon as possible. Preferably locked up with his own diaries. Ky may be a part of the family now, but she had no business looking into things that had harmed him and Tomhas. That was for them to tell her in small pieces, if at all.

she/her

935 Reviews

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:23 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Aww nuuuuu we need drama lol)

She’d fucked up. She hated herself for it. Why had she mentioned Ingrid? Why had she shown interest? “Anything else I should know?”

[they/he]

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451