I smile and blink a few times, heat rushing to my eyes. No. I will not cry like a baby here. That's Nic's job. Squeezing her hand, I slip the ring around her finger and watch her she does the same to me.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I smile back and kiss her quickly once more before leading her to the limo. Nic opens the door for us, smiling in a way I didn't think was possible for him a few hours ago.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!"
"Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.” — Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell