I study her, "I can come back. I mean, I'm a just a farm boy. The Governor's daughter won't want more than one tune with someone of the likes of me. I don't want someone who believes themselves better than I either. I'll only be appeasin' my mother."
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I nod and hesitate before heading back to the party, being introduced to the daughter by Mother. She, compared to Isabel, is not even remotely appealing to me, and consistently speaks about herself and her father and her money. When the song is over, I quickly excuse myself and dodge Mother and Father and head for the abandoned tavern again.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway. — Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)