When I get home, mother forces me in a gown and gets her maid to tighten the straps on my waist, making them tighten it until I can barely breath. Sighing when done, they curl my hair and pick out my shoes.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!
Father sends me away to prepare for the celebration ball, finishing things up. I head into the house and allow my mother to mess with me until presentable, my black hair tied back with a thin string and my clothes new for the occasion.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
We get there and I step out, walking in with my family before sitting in the corner by one of the tables, and letting them mingle as I hum to the music.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!
Upon our arrival, I help Mother out of the carriage and follow her and Father into the building. They go off to speak with some political figure, and I catch sight of Isabel. Not sure what else to do, I walk over to her and ask to sit to her right.
I'm never what I like I'm double sided And I just can't hide I kind of like it When I make you cry 'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up Inside
I wonder if people felt the freedom in our culture to love louder, if they'd be quicker to say "I miss you" when the absence of someone is felt instead of just thinking it. — soundofmind