z

Young Writers Society

The Magellan

Reviews: 3
Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:32 am
JazzElectrobass says...

The Galactic Unity Movement(GUM), consists of 5 planets, each from a different solar system. There is a 6th planet that exists with life, but they are excluded for their power-hungry ambitions, and kept there to prevent chaos. However, they still manage to get off of their world and into GUM.

You work on a ship called The Magellan, which patrols the solar systems and stops at planets. Sometimes you need to adjust course, or fix something important that just broke, or talk through an intense debate to free your fellow shipmates, or battle with space pirates, or even be the one to cure the whole ship of a new disease. Or you could be one of those who aren't supposed to be there and either try to sabotage or simply just want to live a life on a ship instead of trapped on your own planet.

Jobs

(Unlimited)Engineer: Engineers keep the ships maintenance in the required levels, as well as fix things that need to be fixed.

(Unlimited)Scientist: They collect samples from the planets, whether it be dirt, artifacts, bugs, or elements and examine their findings. They can also experiment and try to create new technology

(Unlimited)Pilot: Pilots plot the course, maintain and adjust course, and if needed, manually fly the ship(given authorization).

(Unlimited)Diplomat: Diplomats work with communications, whether it's a vessel where it shouldn't be or preparing to land on a planet.

(Unlimited)Combatant: If in a battle, combatants defend the ship using the ships lovely weapons, but usually spend their time training.

(Unlimited)Medic: They treat the sick and injured, and if a new virus or bacteria appears they work to find a cure/antidote.

(Claimed)Second-in-Command: Helps make decisions, can make minor authorizations unless put in full command, and make sure all is well.

(Claimed)First-in-Command: Makes decisions and authorizations, and makes sure all people on this ship is happy.

Species

Acelice: Completely purple, slightly see through liquid-like beings that are able to change shape but not size. They are usually very cheerful, and they are mostly religious. They are rather short, approx. 3 ft.

Kingslinkin: Mice-like creatures, approx. 2 ft standing on hind legs.

Niknilsgnik: Cat-like creatures, approx. 4 ft standing on hind legs.

Partial: Light grey colored skin, males have green stripes, and females have red spots. Kind of ironic, but they have 4 arms, and 2 heads. They have the normal 2 legs. They have yellow eyes, and they have deep voices. They are a highly religious species, and are great at multitasking. They are approx. 6 ft

Zyphernelian: A mechanical species, coming in a variety of forms are always perfectly symmetrical, and are exactly 5ft or exactly 10 ft. They do not normally have religion, and stick to the hard facts they know to be true. They can have any eye color.

Human: They have 2 arms, 2 legs, and a head, with a variety of skin colors. Usually about 5-6 ft tall.

Muta Bestia: A species with the ability to change shape and size. The only way to discern them is if you sever something.

Planets

Amoeba: Home of the Acelice, the planet is quite literally made of them. When an Acelice dies, they become part of the planet. While most of them solidify into fine grains, the rest of them stays a liquid. They use some of the solid material to build their homes, which float around aimlessly. There is also other life that swims in the liquid. Their atmosphere is composed of

Kingslin: Home to the Kingslinkin and the Niknilsgnik, the planet is mostly nature. There are few technological places, for they mostly like to keep in touch with the natural colors of nature. There are a few devastated places on the planet from their war between the species which has been ended by a peace treaty. Perfectly healthy atmosphere.

Devon: Humble abode of the Partials, this planet is actually a gas giant. Their cities are built on floating islands and the atmosphere is mainly composed of helium.

Tarr: A planet that is mostly metal, and everything about the planet has symmetry. The buildings are symmetrical, the cities are symmetrical to each other. The planet is entirely covered in cities, with skyscrapers that are the tallest in the GUO. The atmosphere is highly polluted.

Earth: A mix of green forests, deserts, water, cities, and suburban areas. Earth looks like it is now except just slightly more advanced and futuristic.

SG-566041: The planet is in three layers, the scientists and other geniuses live inside the planet. The ingenuous live on the surface of the planet. The higher class, the rich and luxurious live in the sky, some buildings are attached to support from the ground, while others held up by cables attached to other buildings.

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender/Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Shipping/Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Feel free to just create a character and join! The more the merrier!
Last edited by JazzElectrobass on Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:03 am
JazzElectrobass says...

Destination: Devon.
Ship's time to next destination: 5 hours.
All systems at optimal function.

Captain Fawn Bunsen stood on the bridge of The Magellan, looking out into space. She found it nice to listen to the ship's hum, the beeps, the clicks, and the soft chatter of those around her.

Cheer was halfway under the engines, checking the coolant system.

Scipio was in his lab, experimenting with chemicals to make new and... unique weapons, toys, and other such inventions.

Jordan was on the bridge with a group of pilots who chattered over the holomap, making the course adjustments needed.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:48 am
ccarson says...

Cleo stepped onto the bridge, feeling groggy as she had just woken up.
"Good morning, captain," she said to Fawn, "The stars look quite nice today, don't you agree?"
Corporal Cleo Carson

Bucklin County Sheriff's Office

Cleo Carson and Bucklin County are purely fictional

Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:32 pm
JazzElectrobass says...

Fawn turned around, and smiled at the sight of her groggy First Officer.
"Yes, they are nice. I've never gotten tired of them after all these years. I don't suppose I ever will." She turned to look back at the stars, hands clasped behind her back. "You slept well I hope?"

Rufus was off messing around in the holoroom, waiting for his mentor to show up.

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:42 pm
ccarson says...

"Yeah, I slept well," Cleo says.
I look over and see Rufus messing around
"You better not break anything! if you do, Angel's gonna lose her shit again." Cleo Calls over to Rufus
Corporal Cleo Carson

Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:19 am
JazzElectrobass says...

Fawn nodded, half listening. She still stared at the stars, in thought.

"Relax sic! I've got these guys to make sure I don't break anything." Rufus grinned and pointed at the pilots that were around him. He really stood out heightwise. "Besides we're taking bets on whether Scip is going to cause another explosion within the next 4 hours 58 minutes, how long it'll take, and how mad double A will be."

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:41 am
ccarson says...

"That sounds stupid, put me down for 10 credits that Scip will cause an explosion within the next hour. Angel will flip a breaker when she finds out." Cleo chuckles
Corporal Cleo Carson

Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:07 pm
JazzElectrobass says...

Fawn laughed. She had bet earlier that he'd blow something up within the next 30 minutes.

Rufus whooped and turned back to the pilots, making sure they got that in.

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 am
ccarson says...

“How far out are we from Devon? We should start getting everything ready.”
Corporal Cleo Carson

Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:44 am
JazzElectrobass says...

Fawn looked at her watch, which was an old-fashioned analog watch.
"4 hours, 51 minutes. I've gone by all the sections to see what they need. Engineering needs helium for the cooling systems, a few scientists need chemicals, one needs artifacts which are going to be in crates on the dock, and another needs samples of soil and plants. Here's your copy of the list." She handed her a datapad.

Scipio was indeed working in his lab, working with chemicals that absolutely could cause a combustion reaction.

Rufus' mentor showed up and ushered him away to the training room.

Cheer went off to the cafeteria to grab a bite.

Jordan switched duties with another pilot, now running the calculations.

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:27 pm
ccarson says...

"well, if there's anything I can do, you can find me in the navigation center."
Corporal Cleo Carson

Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:34 pm
JazzElectrobass says...

Fawn nodded, going into her "office". (I don't have a better word for it)

Jazz Elektrobass

22 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:52 pm
ccarson says...

Cleo is left standing alone on the bridge, looking at maps and star charts.
"How do the pilots even read these," she murmurs to herself, "it's giving me a headache!"
Corporal Cleo Carson

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:47 pm
JazzElectrobass says...

Jordan's eyes didn't leave the holographic maps and charts. "You didn't go to flight school where they teach everything you need to know in case you're the only pilot on a very large ship."

Jazz Elektrobass

Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:38 pm
JazzElectrobass says...

An explosion went off in the lab section, as well as all the alarms.

Jazz Elektrobass

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling