z

Young Writers Society

CelebGala

224 Reviews

Reviews: 224
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:12 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

You have been invited to the CelebGala, an extravagant event that brings together the most iconic celebrities under one roof. Are you going to make a lasting impression and show the world that you belong in the spotlight?

Instructions:
1. Character Introduction:
Introduce your chosen character and give a brief backstory.

2. Reaction to the invitation:
Describe your character's reaction to receiving the invitation to the CelebGala.

3. Go on however you want and meet your favourite celebrity maybe!

If you really really need something to go on with here are some more points you can discover!

Spoiler! :

~Discuss your character's thought process as they prepare to attend the CelebGala. Is there a particular theme they're going for, or are they trying to make a bold statement? Describe the special and specific details.

~Explore your character's expectations for the CelebGala. What are they most excited about? Are there particular celebrities they hope to meet or interactions they're looking forward to?
Last edited by AmayaStatham on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

224 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:12 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Genelia Hattaway
Pronouns: She/Her

Appearance: She is about 5,6 and has dark brown hair and blue eyes. She has light brown skin and usually matches her nail paint with her earrings and her bracelets.

Backstory: Genelia works in a coffee shop, she is a waitress, she is very kind and loving. She loves film evenings and loves beautiful clothes, she loves fashion but cannot afford them.

It was almost eleven and the café was about to close. Genelia started to sweep the tables and put some of the tips in her pocket. "Hattaway! Hurry up, there are still a few tables left." The manager shouted at her. Genelia nodded and started to clear the rest of the tables, there was one last customer sitting there. "Sir, I don't want to rush you, but we'll be closing soon." The man nodded and asked for some water. Genelia went to the back and grabbed some water, where she ran into the manager and poured it all over him. "Sir, I am so sorry." The manager was furious, "Doesn't matter, help that customer we cannot lose people. I'll deal with you later."

Genelia went to the man in the brown coat and matching hat, "Your water, sir. The man drank the water and left. Instead of a tip, he left a letter in an envelope signed "Invitation to the Celebrity Gala".

As Genelia was leaving the shop, she noticed the letter, picked it up and put it in her bag with the other tips.

When she got home, she opened the letter and read it,
Dear Genelia Hattaway,

We are delighted to inform you that you have been invited to the CelebGala! We noticed you in the cafe a few weeks ago and you have the posture of a model. The gala is on the second of December, so you have three months to prepare.

We wish you luck! Remember to dress to impress!

Signing off,
The CelebGala Team

Genelia could not believe her eyes, it was like a dream come true. She was going to a gala. "Oh. My. God." She said slowly and started dancing in her apartment, she started jumping and screaming. "This is really happening!"

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and she opened it to see her flatmate, Trisha, standing there. "People are trying to sleep, you know, it's the middle of the night." Genelia jumped up and hugged Trisha, "I'm going to a gala and not just any gala, a CelebGala! You know the one we saw on TV last year." Trisha said slowly, "Wow! Good for you, but how are you going to afford it?"

Genelia looked at herself in the mirror and said, "I don't know, but I think I will hold on to this feeling for a second.

That was the day that changed Genelia's life, or rather the night.

412 words
Last edited by AmayaStatham on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:37 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Kylana Trin
Pronouns: she/her
Appearance: Kylana has medium-brown skin with dark hair that she usually keeps up in a ponytail. Her eyes are intense, especially when she's focused. When she smiles, it's often startling, like a ray of sunshine poking through a storm cloud.
She tends to dress with whatever she finds in the morning. This could mean a rumpled shirt and mismatched socks, or a suit that she bought yesterday thinking she'd wear it to some professional event one day.
Personality: She's pretty serious and reluctant to speak up, unless you mention cybersecurity or malware. Then her eyes light up and she could go on for ages about reverse engineering and buffer overflows and things like that... The way to her heart is to gift her a book on cybersecurity.
Once she's decided she likes you, Kylana will be a loyal friend, always there if you need help or support. Her sense of humor consists of jokes about SQL injections, but other than that, she's a pretty cool person.
Other: Kylana specializes in cybersecurity and technology. Her usual jobs involve overseeing the security of [REDACTED]’s systems and (occasionally) hacking into other systems... But that's all top-secret, of course. >.>

Kylana didn’t know how she felt about her newest assignment. Sure, the invitation her boss had procured for her looked legitimate, and it even had her full name written out in fancy calligraphy, but was she really the best one to send to infiltrate a gala? Her specialty was in computers, not mingling with people.

Ky examined herself in the mirror again. The black dress was just fancy enough to blend in with the other celebrities, but simple enough to not restrict her movement. She sighed and tried not to fiddle with her hair.

She would only have to endure it for a few hours. Just long enough to scope out the security and their cyber defenses, and maybe install a backdoor if possible. And while she was at it… well, her younger siblings had been talking about some celebrities they liked, right? Maybe she could get an autograph or two.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:04 am
View Likes
Kaia says...

Spoiler! :

I hope you dont mind, Rinisha.
Name: Jaith Esadowa
Appearance: Dark brown hair, brown eyes, a bit on the short side. He has no taste in style and frequently wears shirts with a couple of stains, marking unfortunate events he has mistakenly forgotten ever occured.
Personality: Jaith is extremely easy going..perhaps a little too so. He is quite easy to get along with and very friendly. But, alas, he is also incredibly clumsy in word and speech and is renowned for accidently making a conversation get awkward.
Backstory: Jaith is the son of a deceased famous South American singer. He is currently being raised by his uncle and biological mother.

"Jaith Esadowa?" a man questioned as he peered down at the fourteen-year-old stopping to pick up a coffee he had just spilled over the man's shoes.

Jaith looked up, an apologetic grin lifting his freckled cheeks. "Uh, yeah," he responded, half-thrilled, half embarrassed that the man had recognized him. Swiftly hiding the spilled cup behind his back, he glanced back up at the man. "Um...do you need a napkin for your shoes?" he asked, reaching behind him to reach for one.

The man swept his hand to the side in an arrogant gesture. "No need." Straightening a wrinkle in his spotless business suit, the man produced a neatly folded pink envelope. "I just ask that you don't be so clumsy on the event that you visit us this evening."

Jaith frowned as he took the envelope. Smiling mysteriously, the man strode off, careful to avoid the coffee puddle Jaith had left on the floor. Jaith watched the man step out of the building. Shrugging off the incident with a carefree shift of his shoulders, Jaith slid back into his chair and ripped open the envelope.

Jaith Esadowa,
In honor of your father's fame and sudden death, I would like to invite you to tonight's CelebGala where enthusiasts from across the country and many infamous celebrities including..."

The long list of names and directions faded out in Jaith's mind as his eager eyes lifted to the shut door the man had stepped out of.

CelebGala! Jaith exclaimed inwardly. Maybe Aryl Jipstone will be there!
Cramming the last ten fries into his mouth at once, he dashed toward the door, leaving the note behind on the table...
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

224 Reviews

Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:52 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

As Genelia showered, she jumped into bed with the letter beside her. Her blue eyes twinkled at it in the night, when all the lights were out.

"I'm going to a gala," she said screamed to herself and began to whistle.

"You know," Trisha tapped on the wall and said, "I can still hear you." "Brush off that attitude Trish, you would be over the moon too if it had happened to you." Trisha smiled and said, "I'm happy for you Genelia. You really deserve it because that crappy job you have now is not going to get you anywhere. "No lies," Genelia remarked. "With that stupid burnt marshmallow for a manager, you'll never get a raise either. Trisha said as she started to laugh.

"Night Trish," Genelia said as she turned off her night lamp, "night, now we can finally find out if you are related to Anne Hattaway or not." Trisha joked before turning over to sleep.

The next morning Genelia was up and getting all her clothes out of her wardrobe when Trisha came in with two Starbucks. "Morning girl," Trisha yawned as she put her coffee on the kitchen counter, "I got you coffee." Genelia turned and said, "Trish, I told you I wanted to save all the money I could, why did you do that?" Trish frowned and said, "Girl, did you even celebrate the fact that you were chosen?" Genelia laughed and said, "Yes, last night when you wanted to sleep so badly.

"Here, take this coffee and drink it, let me check your wardrobe." Trisha said as she handed Genelia the coffee, "But..." "No, no, no. Did I mention no." Trisha said, "You finish and I'll check your clothes." As Genelia drank the coffee she read on the coffee cup, "Gala Girl". "Antrisha Saat!" Genelia shouted and they both burst out laughing.

"This T-shirt is not enough, we are not even talking about your waitress skirts and skinny jeans. Off to your ball gowns, of which you have none. Let me see some proper dresses, oh yes, a sundress with a big ketchup stain that won't go away forever". Trisha remarked. "That's enough, Trish. Thank you for your help, looks like I have to say goodbye to that invitation". Genelia said as she sighed.

Trishas eyes lit up as she said, "Lucky for you you have such an amazing flatmate and best friend who just happened to pull some strings for you." "Trish, what did you do?"

Trisha sat down on a stool in the kitchen next to the fridge and said, "Nothing, I was just on the phone. Genelia was worried, "A phone call? Trish? Explain."

"Well, you see. I called an agency that happens to work for Anne Hattaway. And I told them that there was a girl living at 188 Brooklyn Street. She just happened to be invited to the CelebGala and she may or may not be related to Anne. And people were interested and called Anne. Anne said she was looking forward to meeting you and she also told me to tell you that she has a shop near Brooklyn where she can have a free makeover".

Genelia ran a hand through her hair and said, "Trish, I told you, I am not related to her. Trisha brushed her off and said, "You keep saying that, but you never know. "No, I know for sure, my stepfather's name was Hattaway, not my biological one, his name was Rathore."

"Yeah, but Anna Hattaway doesn't know that either, does she?" Trish said slowly.

On her way to Hattaway Glamour, Genelia entered the shop where one of the ladies asked her "Are you Genelia Hattaway? Genelia smiled and nodded. With Trish at her heels, the woman said, "This way, please.

"There are some clothes here that were just brought in this morning, take your time to try them on. If they need alterations, we will take care of them." Genelia could not believe her eyes, the dresses were as beautiful as she had imagined. There were white dresses, yellow dresses, glittering dresses, silk dresses, some even had patterns. It was going to be hard to choose. "You know what Genelia, you go and try them all on, I will take a picture of each one and then we will vote. Based on the vote, pick one dress." Trish said as she saw that Genelia would not be able to make a choice, "Genius Trish!" Genelia said.

747 words

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:28 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Timmy Johnsons
Appearance: brown hair, dark skin, wears a police suit.
Backstory: He works as a police officer and is very good at his job.

Timmy was on his usual morning patrol, which involved him sitting in a squad car, eating a salad, because he was on a diet, and doughnuts are not for people who want abs.
Suddenly, a speeding car that looked very suspicious drove by.
"UH-OH," he yelled, and went off on a chase to give out a ticket.
suddenly, the car turned around a corner, and a limo screeched to a stop right in front of the squad car.
"What the he-" yelled Timmy, and a few fancy people walked out.
A woman wearing an extremely long and fancy silk gown tapped on his window, and Timmy angrily rolled it down.
"What were you think-"
"Darling, we saw how.... amazing you are at your job, and wanted to give you this." The woman handed him a lavender-smelling envelope, and the limo drove away.
Annoyed, Timmy opened the envelope, only to see the letter of his dreams awaiting him.
Dear officer,
we would like to cordially invite you to the celebgala. You are impressive, and good at your job, and seem like a perfect fit. Please, wear your best suit.

Timmy stared at the letter for a few minutes, not knowing what to think.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:07 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

Had Jaith read the last part of the invitation he would have noticed the notice telling him to look his nicest. However, looking nice is rarely on the mind of an excited fourteen-year-old, and Jaith's wardrobe (or actually an overstuffed drawer) wouldn't have yielded a particularly descent outfit anyway. Hence, reading the invitation in its entirety wouldn't really have yielded a particularly better combination than the badly creased tee shirt with an obvious spot at the left sleeve and paint speckled jeans Jaith woke up in the morning of the CelebGala and proceeded to wear in the provided for taxi ride to the very place such an event would take place...
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

224 Reviews

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

After a week or two Trish decided that they’d waited long enough for votes so she called Genelia and discussed the votes, ‘Well well, in my opinion you look stunning in all of them. Let’s see there was 1 vote for dress 6,
3 votes for dress 5,
1 vote for dress 4,
2 votes for dress 3,
1 vote for dress 2 and
5 votes for dress 1! I guess you know what to wear now.’

Spoiler! :

Genelia smiled and said, ‘Thank you so much Trish. I don’t know what I would have worn if it wasn’t for you.’

‘Oh stop it girl, you know I love you too.’ Trish said as she gave Genelia a big hug. ‘You really deserve the world.’

A week ago Genelia was still wiping tables and serving coffee and now she was shopping at Anne Hataway’s Glamour shop. And above everything for free!

She said, ‘I guess, I should start to prepare for the Gala then. I mean it’s just around the corner, only two months and two weeks left.’

‘Without a doubt. I’m going to check for makeup artists, pedicure and manicure. I also have to check in with the transportation business, because I booked a limousine for you.’

Genelia remarked, ‘What about my companion? They said I need one in order to enter.’

Trish giggled at this remark and said, ‘I have the perfect solution for that.’ She twirled in a circle and giggled even more.

‘Trish no.’ Genelia said as she knew where this was going and placed her hands on her hips.

Trish said, ‘Absolutely, I’m doing it.’ She plopped down on Genelia's bed and started scrolling through her phone while showing her pictures.

‘No, I don’t want to go with Timothee Chalamet, Shawn Mendes or Zayn Malik.’

Trish frowned and said, ‘Everyone is dying to go out with them and you just turned them down, girl what’s gotten into you?’

‘For starters I’m not going alone.’

‘That’s not clear,’ Trish said and turned off her phone whilst listening to Genelia.

Genelia said, ‘I’m going with you!’ She plopped down next to Trish on the bed.

‘No! You’re not!’ Trish shouted.

‘Yes, I am. If Leonardo DiCaprio can bring his mum to the academy awards, I can bring my sister to the Gala.’ Genelia explained.

Trish felt happy and appreciated by this act.

393 words

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara