z

Young Writers Society

The Social Month Ball

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 pm
View Likes
Thediffident says...

Keely found herself feel at ease as she enthusiastically replied to the asked question,
"Ah they have a lot of flavours.They have chocolate chip, blueberry, hazelnut, mint chocolate chip, red velvet, vanilla, strawberry and coconut. And that's just muffins! Amazing isn't it? I love them all but personally the hazelnut flavoured muffin is my favourite!"
|Andy|she/her|

They told me all of my cages were mental
So I got wasted like all my potential

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Wow..." Kecila murmured, reaching for a hazelnut muffin. "May I?"

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:16 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

It took a moment for Marcy to realize someone was talking to her. She'd stuck close to the walls of the ballroom. She knew no one at this party, and she wanted to get something to eat, but there were too many people at the table, so she'd go when it was a bit less crowded.

The person had asked if she came to events like these often.

"I used to. It's been a while... you?"

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

29 Reviews

Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:18 am
View Likes
Thediffident says...

Keely let out a small chuckle and replied,
"Please do!"
|Andy|she/her|

Random avatar

Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:44 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Kecila bit into the still-warm muffin. "Oh, that's so good...and the hazelnuts are still crunchy!"

29 Reviews

Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:19 am
View Likes
Thediffident says...

Keely had never imagined nobles to be polite around commoners. They always seemed to be quick tempered and irritable. The people she worked for were like that. But the women standing before her was sweet, pretty and seemed to really like the muffin. Keely thus couldn't help herself and let out a huge smile while she exclaimed,
"I'm glad you like it!"
|Andy|she/her|

Random avatar

Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:21 am
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"Man, I wanna know who makes all this stuff," Kecila muttered as she finished her muffin. "There's so much of it!"

29 Reviews

Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:29 am
View Likes
Thediffident says...

Keely nodded in agreement and replied,
"I have never seen so much food ever in my life! What's surprising is how none of the other guests are having it. They're clearly missing out."
|Andy|she/her|

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:25 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Malvis sighed. “Once upon time, if you told me I’d ever come to a party like this, I would have thought you were insane. I’m getting used to the dazzle.”

She absentmindedly fluffed her hair, her eyes trailing across those dancing in the center.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4106 Reviews

Reviews: 4106
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Hello," said Kate with a polite smile. "This is a pretty impressive selection of muffins."

Estella Fay nodded. “Hazelnuts are amazing in baked goods. You both have excellent taste.” She let out a small, shy giggle, bouncing slightly on her heels.

Kate leaned closer to her. "I second that."

Estella Fay grinned. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both. I’m Estella Fay, and this is my… my…” She turned bright red, giggling again.

Kate giggled, giving Estella Fay's hand a small squeeze. "Wife. And I'm Katherine, but you can call me Kate." She leaned closer to Estella Fay.

Estella Fay nodded. “Wife. You’re my wife.” She giggled again.

"I am." Kate couldn't resist, leaning in to give her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Its been a year now angel."

“A year.” Estella Fay sounded dreamy. “A year is not enough time to get used to it.”

Kate pulled her closer. "True."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Random avatar

Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Kecila listened to the happy, giddy laughter of the two noblewomen. She had to admit, she was a little jealous. Twenty-two years on this planet and she still hadn't found anyone to love...
Maybe it's just not my thing, She thought, pulling at the tie that had suddenly become very tight against her throat. I've never been much of a people person.
She glanced at the commoner. "Um, I don't think I got your name. I'm Kecila--who are you?"

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:41 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Lady Evelynn did a quick survey of the ballroom from her corner. Men and women dressed in pretty colors moved around her - some swaying to the rhythm of the piano on the dance floor and others conversing in groups around the room.

Her careful perusal of the room only confirmed what she had initially thought the moment she had arrived - those beige curtains did clash horribly with the cream walls. They blended together to create the most bland effect known to man and the chandelier was definitely too big and too gold. She sighed heavily as she realized it was not her problem. Their host should have known better before holding a ball.

Her gaze slowly shifted to the people and landed on a group of four standing by the food table. She made it her business to know anyone and everyone in their society so she was a little surprised at the new faces that sparked no recognition in her. Overcome with curiosity, she made her way to the group just as one of them enquired the other's name.

"Hello! I hope I am not intruding. Wonderful party, isn't it?"
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:39 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Estella Fay grinned. “Oh, hello! You’re not intruding at all.”

"Yes. Of course not. Hello!"

“I’m Estella Fay, this is Kate.” She waved their intwined hands, that all too familiar rush of giddiness rushing through her.

Kate nodded, giving Estella Fay's hand a squeeze again.

Estella Fay grinned. “We have ourselves a nice little group here. I love parties.” She bounced.

"Parties are rather charming."

Estella Fay leaned over and kissed Kate’s cheek.

Kate giggled this time, leaning closer to Estella Fay
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Lady Evelynn looked between them, a genuine smile overtaking her face at their very obvious happiness.

"Its very nice to meet you both. Do you live here or are you just visiting? I am sure we would have crossed paths otherwise, this is a small town after all."

The fact that it was a small town made these social events all the more tedious because of the same faces and the repetitive conversations.

But this was a grand event and there were many faces she did not recognize. In fact, in the half an hour she had been there, the same couple had greeted her twice without realizing it. She had not bothered correcting them but she always made it a point to make polite conversations with everyone. After all, it was what was expected of her. And she liked being aware of everything that was happening in town.

However, it wasn't only out of politeness that she was interacting with this group of strangers, but simply because she was curious and wished to converse with them.
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

Random avatar

Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:42 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

"You live here?" Kecila asked. The woman nodded. "Oh, how wonderful! I thought only Lord Ajaan and his lady lived this far north."

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year