z

Young Writers Society

Perfered weopons for body guards?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:31 pm
DragonWriter says...

I need to know the weopons that a bodyguard might perfer to were at all times. The body gurd has no price limit and/or restictions. However it has to be able to fit in a jacket and/or pocket with out being seen. Knifes, guns, stun gernades, anything. Help!
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:19 pm
Ego says...

Ah, my specialty.

Bodyguards licensed to carry prefer small, easily concealed submachine guns that nonetheless give them good firepower and a high rate of fire. Note that all these can only be concealed with the help of a jacket.

Popular choices for SMGs:

Ruger MP9
HK MP5K
HK MP7A1

All offer great rate of fire, a good magazine, and good stopping power.

Grenades are usually not used by Bodyguards, as they are only obtainable by Military or Police forces.

Knives are doable. They'd probably use a standard combat knife, maybe a double edged, single bladed one.

If the Bodyguard is NOT wearing a jacket and needs to conceal his firearm, he must use a pistol.

Popular choices are those used by Police forces, such as the Glock or the HK USP. These weapons can be hidden in a waistband holster in the small of the bodyguard's back.

Bodyguards might also carry a stun gun, though probably as a last resort.

They also wear bullet proof vests, in order to take a bullet for the person they are protecting.

Any other questions?
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:48 pm
Ares says...

Research pistols and see which ones you like the most. If your guard has no resttrictions, he might carry smoke grenades or flash-bangs for cover/ distraction.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:31 pm
View Likes
Prosithion says...

HK MP5K might be too big. I'd stick with pistols, like, Colt 9mm, or a Baretta .45. A Glock or Sig-Saur would also be pretty good.

Like Dono said, grenades probably wouldn't be used, but maybe a taser.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:32 pm
Ares says...

1911 Colt 45.

Grenades could come in handy.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Ego says...

Grenades are too bulky to be hidden effectively, even if the bodyguard has no restrictions.

The HK MP5K was the Secret Service SMG of choice for a long time, until the Ruger MP9 took it's place--it can be concealed rather effectively in a shoulder harness.

The 1911 is popular in the military, but in Police forces it usually isn't used, because it lacks tactical rails for laser sights, flashlights, etc.

A new gun being developed by the US Govt specifically for this purpose is the Kriss Super V SMG, which is created to be fired effectively with one hand, even in full auto fire. If your story takes place in the near future, consider this weapon. It is still in the development stages.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:23 am
aniraangel says...

I'm the first to admit I know little about guns, however one of my favourite authors - Miss Laurell K. Hamilton - knows a fair bit and she likes brownings. They're good guns, don't look to shabby, either. I'm fond of this one.

Also, customized, hand made fighting knives. I love knives.

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla