Young Writers Society

Roman Government

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:55 pm
View Likes
Wiggy says...

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if any of you knew any good links to stuff about the Ancient Roman government, or if you knew any info off hand. I need some stuff for a paper, and I've got a book already, but just so I can condense it well (especially you, Jacko! :D).

Thanks!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:05 pm
Jules the jester says...

The republic times or the empire? well here is a useful link i have used in the past when i had to writ ean essay on ancient rome.

http://www.vroma.org/~bmcmanus/romangvt.html

When i find the other links i will post them here for you =]

Jules

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Wikipedia is actually really good for that. You shouldn't source it in your paper, but typically the articles will have links to good sources. Plus, it gives you a great starting point.

Like Jules said, are you referring to the monarchy, the republic, or the empire?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeah, saying Rome is too general -- which period?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:56 pm
Wiggy says...

The republic mostly-the whole tribunes, consuls, etc. Thanks for your help so far guys!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:36 am
sabradan says...

I am a history major. Ask me specific questions and I will either answer them or tell you where you can find it.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 09, 2007 2:55 am
View Likes
Areida says...

I've been studying Roman history this semester in my Omnibus class, so I've been reading Lucretius, Lucan, Vergil, etc. and like Dan said, specific questions are always better than general ones.

Maybe you could come up with a list of things you want to find out and post them here and see where we could help you out.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson