New review requirements

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:29 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hey guys,

So I was thinking about the quality of reviews here on YWS. Between Review Days and the Knights of the Green Room, we do a good job promoting reviewing quantity. However, on browsing the literary forums, I fail to see many of the hallmarks of a quality review.

Therefore, I propose that all reviews from here on out have to have at least one of the following to be counted as a review(more will get extra font)

1) Use of at least two [color=purple]different colored fonts.

2) Criticism can only be given in marquee tags.

3) Refer to the reviews of our greatest reviewer, freakforchrist.

4) In lieu of traditional puncutation :evil: smilies should be used :smt003 as they bring joy to even the harshest critiques :elephant:

I am confident that by implementing this 8) we can only improve our review quality and keep YWS the premier location of fabulous reviews :pirate3:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:03 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I definitely agree 8) There definitely needs to be some improvement in the reviews :P

I do believe that there is still room for improvement :| though

5) CAPITALS NEED TO BE USED FOR EVERY SECOND SENTENCE TO ILLUSTRATE OUR HIGH ENTHUSIASM FOR REVIEWING!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:12 am
Hannah says...

Can we have any negative words written anywhere on the site in marquee?

That should be easy to code. Just use like the same filter from chat + the addition of "bad" or "not", and bam, we don't have to look at any negative things any more! :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:40 am
Snoink says...

Wait! How do you do marquee tags? I wanna get in!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx