Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu May 22, 2014 3:46 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Knight Omniyus set down his rag and laid his hands on his hips, looking around. Knight Hannah was next to him, working on whatever she always works on. Ahh, she was a busy woman indeed. It always amazed him that she could do so much and not complain like he did. In ways, that's why she led the group, and not he, because he would never change, it would always be the little things that made her the right fit for leader.

"I remember the times whenever we were just beginning, with less than ten knights. It was hard, but somehow, we made it work," he said with a sigh.

She looked up from her current project, a huge pile of papers with the name
Squills written on the top. She leaned on him as they both observed their fellow Knights, so hard at work.

"It's a bit intimidating, knowing that our work will never be finished. There will always be a new horizon to get to, another hill to climb over," he whispered.

"But we do it. Through thick and thin, we've gotten it done. I can't even possibly imagine what would happen if I left, and who would take my spot in leading the Knights."

He winced at the injury in his leg, and rubbed his thigh absentmindedly. "Ever since that first battle, I've never been the same."

"We've changed, Omni. We've all changed." She smiled at him.

"Speaking of that. Hannah, I'm... done."

She turned to him. "What?"

"I can't do this anymore. I admit, it's been awhile since I've slain beasts out there, and for good reason. I just... can't anymore. There will always be that beast, and whenever I come onto it, I will slay it, but I cannot go and willingly seek it out anymore.

"I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I'm laying down my arms and retiring as a Knight of the Green Room. It was nice, but I can't do this anymore."

"Omniyus, you will always be welcome back here with open arms."

"I know, Hannah." He embraced her in a warm hug before turning to leave.

~~~

Thank you all so much for this opportunity! It's a great thing to have, and I'm sad to say that I won't be participating in it anymore. Maybe one day, I'll come back, but for now, farewell!

Good luck with your fight, fair Knights and Squires!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 pm
View Likes
Editor says...

A young girl trudges through high winds and heavy rain, in search of the fabled Great Hall of the Knights, which she had only heard of in myths. This little girl is only known as "Little Sister" to those who know her. She is about to give up, but on the horizon there is the faint outline of a large tower. Suddenly, the high wind comes to an end and the rain ceases to fall. The clouds dematerialize in a matter of seconds and the sun radiates a brilliant glow as it rises. Little Sister excitedly pushes open the doors of the Great Hall. Without even stopping to reconsider, she declares, "I wish to become a Knight!"
ï' ø вøɾε

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun May 25, 2014 8:26 am
Hannah says...

Squire @LittleSister, I hope to see you become a Knight this very day!

I have seen you on the edge of the battlefield, dressed in red for Review Day, and while I looked for you to encourage you to join in the fray, I stumbled on a bit of rock sticking up from the dry ground near a beast I had just killed.

Only when I looked away from you, it wasn't a rock, it was a corner of what looked like a wooden box. So, a little selfishly, I motioned you over to help me and together we dug up a chest of gold -- the very one I'd been hunting for months!

Hopefully it was not only a boon to me, but to you as well, because in the middle of helping me, you finally got on to the battlefield and a great Green Room beast rushed toward you. Will you slay your first?!!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sun May 25, 2014 11:22 am
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I believe I have a shield?

Biscuits BatchAvoy's Log

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

The Great Knight AlexSushiDog rides in on his valiant horse Epona covered in various bad grammar burns and one direction fan-fic cuts covering his entire body. He returns with the corpses of even more works from the green room demanding some armour to help protect him from the great terrors in the green room!
Knight AlexSushiDog's Log
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Mon May 26, 2014 12:09 am
View Likes
Willard says...

I, Strange, intend on becoming part of this KoTGR. This shall be my log
Knight Strange's Green Room Log

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 26, 2014 12:24 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Valiant Knights of the Green Room! I will give you a day or so to finish updating your logs and then reward all the spoils of this fine review day tomorrow!

Congratulations to all warriors. :)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon May 26, 2014 6:34 pm
View Likes
CesareBorgia says...

Here's my log, I did the ten reviews:
Cardinal Cesare Borgia's Log
Cesare
Proud Writer of the Week judge

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 27, 2014 4:17 pm
Hannah says...

Record of the Battle of the May Review Day, Year the 2nd (2014)

The battle began with a fiercely pink dawn, and those Knights who peered up from their tents each sang the rhyme in their chests: "Pink sky at night -- warrior's delight. Pink sky at morning -- warriors, take warning." It was going to be a difficult day, as the battlefield the veteran Knights were familiar with was brimming with over one hundred under-reviewed works.

For days before, in preparation for the fight, the Knights had been off in their separate areas of the headquarters. Sparring, shining armor, sharpening weapons, building new ones, getting in a good night's sleep and a full belly's meal. Preparation of all sorts kept the castle humming, but it meant the Great Hall was empty and squires were left waiting until the chaos had passed.

The foe was strong. It refused to go down easily. In the last hour of the day, there were still eight beasts that had not been slain, and it appeared as if they would not fall before the close of day. But the Knights heard the desperate cry of Knight Biscuits (@BiscuitsBatchAvoy) as he ran off the battlefield, armor dented and sword lost to the mayhem: "Kill the rest for me! Get them all!"

They rallied. Though faces were hard to see in the dusk, Knight Nite's (@niteowl) shield Luna shone wickedly as she carved through the last few chapters. Knight 'Fare (@Wolfare1) was not far behind, splitting heads and taking names. And in the last moments -- held breaths, clenched fingers -- Knight @Hannah beheaded the final foe just minutes before the day was called to a close.

Victory.

And to the victors go the spoils.

Knight @Aley pulled a shrubbery after chasing a foe deep into the Outerlands -- she would not let one beast escape.

Knight Biscuits nearly tripped over what he thought was a rock, but what turned out to be a fine heirloom shield, long-buried but uncovered by recent winds and, of course, the turmoil of war. He received a helmet from the local blacksmith on the way back to the castle. (Psst -- if you organize your personal log by the number of reviews you need for each badge, it's easier to keep track of!)

Knight @AlexSushiDog 's order for full armor finally came in, and not a moment too soon, as he was nearly pierced through the heart in his next skirmish by a vicious "one direction fan fic"!

And of course, as the Knights trickled back to the Great Hall, they bent their knees to celebrate the newest members of the company. @Wolfie36 @CesareBorgia

Image Image

Knight Wolfie, Knight Cesare Borgia

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Tue May 27, 2014 7:27 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Thank you for coming to my aid that night! (Also, I'm a girl) :)

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue May 27, 2014 9:34 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Raven walks in, a scar covering her young face.
"One of the reviews fought back... But I defeated it!" She took a deep breath, "Anyway, may I have my Sword, Shield, and Helmet? Please?"

Wiping some sweat off her brow, she sat down and gave small notebook to the leader.

"RavenMoonStone's Library of Notes Is that good?" She aksed, "Last time I didn't have it right."
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed May 28, 2014 6:11 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Knight Kayfortnight is ready for her helmet!
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 pm
Hannah says...

Knight Luna (@RavenMoonStone) and Knight @kayfortnight have both been duly rewarded for their excellent efforts!

Knight Hannah also whispers to get ready for some awesome new sparkly things around the castle, but refuses to say much more...

~*~ mystery ~*~

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am
View Likes
catcha01 says...

I have earned my sword!
Squire Catcha's Review Log
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

After many a tiring battle, I present to Knight Hannah The Green Tome . Herein, I have kept a log of all my adventures both in and out of the Green Room. At the very end of the log (one might have to scroll a while, as I wrote quite a lot), a list of all the Reviews I have slain can be found. (It begins at the large, green notification in the quote box.)

I hereby request to be admitted into the Order as a true Knight of the Green Room
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman