z

Young Writers Society

The League of the Tortoise

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:24 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Knight Pokey returns from her journey to the far flung eastern edges of the land on an elephant, wielding deadly chopsticks and wearing a fabulous kimono. After requesting a ladder to get down, she clears her throat to tell her great story:

I have gone against the great demons known as School, Work, “Family Bonding,” and the slimiest of all Procrastination and have found them to be unconquerable. For this reason I went searching for answers. On a snow capped mountain known as the Peak of Wisdom and Possible Fatality, I found the cutest ski lodge. The service is great, and I highly recommend it. Within this ski lodge, I found a business executive who, though on vacation, still wore his pinstriped suit. He looked very sharp and put together, like a man in charge, so I went over and asked him how he overcame the four slimy demons.

He looked around and replied, “I am of the League of Tortoises. Yes, scoff at our name, but we are do-ers in a busy world. The four slimy demons you speak of are, indeed, gross and annoying, but they are not what you need to fight against. There is a fifth slimy demon that also has the morning breath of a kraken and the manners of a rabid koala.

“His name is Apathy, and he is the one you must devour. The League of Tortoises does not require many things done but requires the things you do are done to your utmost ability. Be wise young grasshopper and follow the path of the tortoise.”

He then made an eerily familiar monkey sound and disappeared in a burst of coding.

It was all rather impressive.

At any rate, I then hurried back as fast as I could to share this wise wisdom with everyone else.

The Rules
Spoiler! :
- Three reviews a month are required.
-Reviews cannot be rolled over to the next month.
- Of these three reviews:
1. One must be of a Green Room work.
2. One must fulfill a monthly challenge.
-These two requirements can be fulfilled with one review.
3. The other(s) can be whatever is convenient.
- The reviews must be long enough to get the maximum amount of points.
- The reviews must have at least three critiques
- Only one can be related to grammar. The other two must focus on something else.
- The reviews must have at least one compliment.

How to Record
Spoiler! :
Post everything in this thread. Your three reviews should be together in one post together with word count. Mark which review is a green room review and which fulfills the challenge requirements. If I have a challenge like, “Use the phrase ‘elephant farts and deadly chopsticks’ in a review” include the sentence you used the phrase in your post.
***Failure to record correctly will have the same consequences as not completing that month's requirements***

Rewards
Spoiler! :
The reward system will work in belts and each color belt is a number of points you will get on the first day of each month.

-White = 25 points
-Yellow = 50 points
-Orange = 100 points
-Green = 200 points
-Blue = 400 points
-Purple = 500 points
-Red = 1000 points
-Brown = 2000 points
-Black = 4000 points

Obviously, the Tortoises understand if you get busy, so you're not kicked out if you miss a month. The catch is, if you miss a month, you have to start all the way back at white with 25 points. If someone is cool and surpasses black, I’ll think of other things too.

I'll post the first challenge on May 1st. Reviews made before May 1st don't count.

Knights and Squires are welcome!

If you have any questions, just ask them down below.
Test

463 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 12:56 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Your challenge for may will be to review a chapter of a novel that is neither a prologue or first chapter.

Remember, post all three of your links together in the same post when you have completed all three reviews. Your green room and challenge review can be the same.

May the tortoise be with you.
Test

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu May 15, 2014 3:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

All three of mine are both Greenroom and Challenge appropriate, I believe (because I'm just that cool 8)).

1. The Roads of Marceris Ch.9 (1/2)

2. The Roads of Marceris Ch.9 (2/2)

3. The Veil- Chapter 6

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

463 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:46 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

@ShadowVyper has, with hard work and struggle, become a black belt last month.

Your challenge for June is to review something posted before 2013.

Test

463 Reviews

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:19 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

The challenge this month is to give a work with four reviews a full length review.

Test

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier