z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:45 pm
View Likes
darklady says...

Knight Darklady wishes to join the league of chivalrous Knights of the Green Room.
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:03 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

I have finished my 10th Green Room review in my knightly log and would like to become a knight!
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

364 Reviews

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

I have also earned my sword in my knightly log and would like to receive it!

Reviews: 1
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 pm
KotGRCommander says...

The group trotted along the dirt trail. The band of warriors included @Steggy and @DemonGoddess who were assigned to check out an abandoned town nearby. The mayor of the town left after being exposed as a con artist. Those living in the area were being taxed for breathing and finally the uprising of a handful of protesters ran him out. Unfortunately these protesters left the town in shambles after not knowing how to distribute the money evenly. Even though the protesters held a strong moral compass and wanted to give to the poor, none of them had enough sufficient knowledge to succeed.

That's where the Knights Steggy and DemonGoddess came in. The two planned to help restore the small village and to bring unity. Shortly after noon they arrived and began to search out for people.

"Find anybody yet?" Knight Steggy asked, turning to DemonGoddess who just came out of a house with the door left open. Most of the furniture was tipped over and the drawers were raided of valuables.

Neither of them thought anybody was there and just as they turned to leave a voice cried out. This voice belonged to @darklady. "Wait! Let me come with you! Let me become a Knight!"

"A Knight?" DemonGoddess swiveled her head around to look at her.

"Yes. I've got no other place to go and I've always wanted to be a Knight."

"Fine. I won't ask the details. Come with us." Steggy said, waving a hand to her.

"Okay!"

The three left the abandoned town and headed back to see the commander. Their adventures and new treasures awaited them.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Querencia came back from the Green Room after a few months of struggle. Though it had taken a while, she had earned her tenth green room review and was ready to become a knight! Querencia's Log
Parlez-vous français?

364 Reviews

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Kara enters the Great Hall, gasping with exhaustion.

"It took me a long time, but..." she declared between gasps. "I have slain five more beasts from the dreaded Green Room and have earned my Shield!"

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Knight @DemonGoddess and @Querencia the Squire trotted through the sandstorm. Both their shoes were filled with sand and neither of them wanted to be in the area because of the heat. At least there wasn't humidity in the air--no rain sought to the area for weeks. With each step Querencia took, her shoes seemed to dig further into the ground. DemonGoddess held a handkerchief to her mouth to avoid a sand-filled throat but that didn't do much to ward off the abundance of particles that danced through the air.

DemonGoddess knew little of Querencia. This far, she'd kept to herself for the most part and didn't talk much to the other squires. What confused her is the amount of time that took her to slay nine beasts. Less than two weeks. Querencia on the other hand knew of DemonGoddess from talk and overhearing conversations and knowing her to be a competent Knight loyal to the land, Querencia hoped to collect her tenth Green Room beast in the desert.

Another oddity that came upon DemonGoddess as they walked: Querencia seemed to have an extensive amount of experience and knowledge in taking out Green Room beasts. Why wasn't she a Knight already? Seeing this, she decided to ask. "Hey, you're pretty good at slaying these creatures, yes? Why aren't you a Knight yet?"

Querencia turned to DemonGoddess and paused for a moment before speaking. "I used to work to take out beasts that terrorized smaller towns privately. I have to admit I didn't always like this system and I'm still wary, but I realized that to do what I want to do, I need to have my certification for the job tattooed on my skin."

"Ah. What caused your dislike?"

"My father was a Knight too once. Unfortunately the Commander he was assigned to seldom paid him enough for our family to be well-off. My father wasn't lazy, either. He truly loved his work. Turns out that the Commander he was assigned under took the money for himself but this wasn't found out until he already passed away. Knowing this I didn't want to trust the system until I was shown otherwise. That not all Knights are that way. I know this now."

"Makes sense."

Before them, a Green Room beast appeared, born out of not blood or bone but sand. A head, eyes and arms formed. The sand being swiped a heavy hand past DemonGoddess but she ducked to avoid the attack. Querencia charged with her eyes closed and plunged her body into that of the beast.

Her legs sunk in and there the sand solidified but the rest of her body stayed untouched. Querencia swung her fist into its chest and in that second of confusion, DemonGoddess sliced through the creature's waist. Sand fell to the ground and the Squire did as well.

When DemonGoddess cut down the sand monster, her sword clinked against a solid. She got on her knees and dug to find a shield.

"I think it's supposed to be yours." Querencia said, standing beside her.

"I think it is too." DemonGoddess put her arm through. The strap fit perfectly. "And you're a Knight now, Querencia."

"I suppose I am." She tried the words 'Knight Querencia' on her lips a couple of times only to realize the title fit perfectly.

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:39 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

I would have gotten a green room review, but @LukeStarkiller took the second review from me: Melody's Secret #1 Manstros

**wrinkles nose**

Oh well, worth a try.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:13 pm
View Likes
LukeStarkiller says...

DemonGoddess wrote:I would have gotten a green room review, but @LukeStarkiller took the second review from me: Melody's Secret #1 Manstros

**wrinkles nose**

Oh well, worth a try.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:15 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

**is sad**

you don't have to rub it in mate. Also I'm a lot better at reviewing than you :3

lol jk i'm probs not i just want to induce an argument

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

I have earned a Helmet!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:13 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Knight @DemonGoddess --> While your attempt in snatching a Green Beast was valiant, we must apologize in that the Green Girdle only goes to those whom have a review stolen from them by a fellow knight in the present tense. Also, as a reminder, we do not tolerate in-fighting here, so please do not attempt to start arguments.

Finally, congratulations! The smiths shall be about shortly to award your smelted-hot helmet that is expected to be adorned immediately!

CLAMOUR ON, KNIGHTS!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Okay :D

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:22 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Knight Mea enters the Great Hall grinning, dragging a long roll of parchment behind her.

"Commander!" She thrusts forward the parchment. "I counted at least five times, and during this great battle of RevMo I find my total beasts slain to have grown to 250!. Might I claim my chest of gold?"
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:05 am
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

Knight @Mea enjoyed the quiet after long nights were spent in the Tavern back home having fun with fellow Knights and resting her aching bones. Others may have found the quiet found while traveling to look for Green Room beasts but instead, she treasured those moments. Mea felt the tension building in the air before a fight was about to go down.

In her duties, the weight on her shoulders only became heavier over time. More experienced Knights were expected more of. More experienced Knights felt the pressure on their shoulders as the Knight slayed another beast knowing that they'll be asked to kill ten more.

A dip came in the age of Knights in the form of a year where Green Room creatures were rampant and the Knights being recruited were almost at a record low. Luckily for Mea, that age drifted away as more Knights were made and more beasts were slain although she couldn't shake the fact that she'd been sent to track down a basilisk this time. These creatures were lethal and this particular basilisk made lethal attacks by only making eye contact with the victims.

Her worries were washed away when the basilisk came up from the ground and began to slither towards her. There was no time to worry in that moment and while basing the aim of her shot off of the reflection on the back of her shield, she threw her sword forward at the beast.

Unfortunately, the sword barely left her hands and only traveled a few feet away. Mea collected herself and remembered what she needed to do in this situation. Another Knight killed a basilisk before--this wasn't impossible. Right, the Knight used their shield to prop open the mouth of the basilisk without looking and plunged their weapon into the beast. I don't have my sword though, how am I going to do this?

Figuring out how to complete the task, she charged towards the creature with her head behind her shield while picking her sword up along the way. The basilisk hissed at Mea and propelled forward. The teeth of the basilisk caught onto her shield as planned and without a second thought, she dropped her sword into its mouth.

The basilisk gagged and tried to throw her shield away by shaking its head but the slab of metal only pushed father into its mouth. With that, Mea ran twenty feet away from the beast and took out a small mirror. Directing the mirror at the body of the beast, she looked at the now-dead creature lay on the ground. To be safe, Mea waited a half hour to return to the body of the Green Room beast and shot a couple arrows into its flesh in the meantime. What lay beside the beast were her sword and shield as well as...a chest of gold.

Mea grinned, not knowing how she'd lug the box home.

I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
— Feltrix