z

Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Thu May 11, 2017 8:50 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Biscuits grins and bows as they take the chalice from Knight Lumi. They squint into its shiny depths, then grin. They raise it to their lips and whisper, "Pint ae lager please, mate." Thus began the least classy victory drinks ever to stumble around the Great Hall.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Fri May 12, 2017 2:06 am
View Likes
VegasLights says...

Knight VegasLights walked forward and said, "I have completed 23 reviews. I don't know if it is worth something, but I thought you should know." As she smiled and kneeled below her fellow knights.

VegasLights Log
Previously Steam1244

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Fri May 12, 2017 11:43 pm
View Likes
inktopus says...

Squire Storm stumbled into the Great Hall, dirty and battered, but a triumphant smile playing on her lips. "I have slain ten Green Room beasts!" she said as she dropped an armful of scrolls to the ground. "Here are the records of my adventures, I am ready to be knighted."

Knight Storm's Log
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat May 13, 2017 5:07 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Bestowing Of Goodies Unto @VegasLights

Yea, had it been two moonsets since the offering of twenty-three Green Beasts by Knight VegasLights; however, The Commander had insisted that his Knights tarry for a while in order to accumulate the twenty-fifth Green Beast in the Log of Vegas. And thus had it come!

"Knight VegasLights!" called Lumi as he dismounted Butterscotch at the stables, jaunting into the Great Hall with curious speed. "It is my pleasure to inform you that you have won your Sword, Shield, and Helmet! Thy next reward shall be thy Horse upon slaying 35 Green Beasts!

A troop of Squires from the smithy hauled in a crate of arms and gear, and from it allowed Vegas their pick.

"Clamor forth, Knight Vegas! Be bold and brazen!" Knight Lumi tossed a pair of Coconut halves in the crate for good measure. "And never, ever forget to clamor."
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 13, 2017 5:12 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Knighting of @Stormcloud

As the crate was perused, Knight Lumi grinned upon Squire Stormcloud with a shiny badge in his leather gloves. "What's this I hear, Squire? Have you faithfully slain your sworn ten Green Beasts?!"

"Yes, Knight!"

"Indeed! ...Knight!"

And there were many gasps

Knight Lumi took the Commander's SCEPTER and tapped Knight Stormcloud on each shoulder before repeating it with his own sword because what are traditions even? Then, with a grand rush of Green Wind, Knight Lumi slapped the Knight of the Green Room Badge on Knight Stormcloud's Forehead

"LET THERE BE SUCH REJOICING THAT THE REJOICING NOT STOP FOR WHEN THE REJOICING BE A STORMCLOUD REJOICING IS HOT!"

-Shinji Moon

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun May 21, 2017 10:26 pm
View Likes
Birdman says...

I heard from a traveler that you were in need of more protectors of the kingdom. I would like to pledge my allegiance to the noble cause of reviewing. And I will start working on the log immediately.
For now I am Squire Birdman but hopefully the rank of knight will soon fall upon me. I will not fail, you can trust me.
Guardian of the Green Room,
among other things...

Reviews: 2
Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 am
View Likes
SpaceGhost says...

Squire Space Ghost reporting for duty. Will report back when I am a knight.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 pm
View Likes
Birdman says...

Knight Birdman dropped his pack on the ground and a scroll rolled out. He picked it up and took it over to the desk clerk.
"Whenever an officer gets in, please see that they get the message about the completion of these reviews. Now just to go and get some weaponry and a horse."
Guardian of the Green Room,
among other things...

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed May 24, 2017 4:42 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Welcome to our ranks, Knight Birdman. Come and feast with us this night in celebration of thine accomplishment! *raises goblet* To Knight Birdman and his victory!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 7:52 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The Knighting of @Birdman

Lo! It was Hangman night in the Green Castle, and all the Knights had gathered and were attempting to decide what phrase @LadyLizzLovelace had deceptively conjured for them:

_h_ _rd_r _f Rav_ _s A_ai_s!

@Nikayla rubbed her chin in thought, as it was her turn. "Is there a T?"

"There's always a T!" shouted @Rydia!

Knight Lizz practically revved like an old engine as she added the Ts to the hangman code.

Th_ _rd_r _f Rav_ _s A_aits!

Suddenly, a SQUIRE burst through the Game Room Door! "Sirs and Ladies! The Order of Squires Awaits!"

"NOPE!" shouted Lizz, and drew the last leg of the hangman. "Y'all are awful at this game."

Lumi put down his Ye Olde Dr. Pepper and raised his hand. "I think he means to call for me, Milady."

"Oh. Then go as I herefore erase this unjustly marked leg of failure."

As Lumi walked down the hall, he heard Knight @BiscuitsLeGuin shout "The Order of Ravens Awaits!" to calamitous applause.

In the Great Hall, Knight Lumi drew his sword and began to play a small game of eenie-meenie-minie-mo between the squires lined up before his assistant squire pointed to @Birdman. "Tis he, milord."

Lumi approached him and began counting the dings in his armor, the scars in his armpits ("For it's where the green beasts attack, you see," he explained.) And upon counting evidence of ten battles, he puffed out his chest and danced around Birdman merrily, tapping him with his sword again and again on the shoulders. "You're a Knight! You're a Knight! You're a Knight-Knight-Knight-KNIGHT!"

"And so you have to do all this dancing?"

"Nope, I get to do all this dancing! Plus this!"

-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 25, 2017 7:57 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

While in the Great Hall, Knight Lumi paused from his merriment and shot a merry glance a merry way t'wards a merry squire nomming a turkey leg dipped in chocolate and wrapped in bacon.

"Squire @SpaceGhost!"

"Mmm dash mhhe."

"I am flattered by your commitment to the Knights of the Green Room!! If you would, feel free to make a log in our forum! 'SpaceGhost's Log', it could be called, or anything you'd like. It'll be where you capture your triumphs you won't have to dig through reviews every blue moon. Clever, ain't it?"

"Mmm, dash clevr."

"You're making me hungry, SpaceGhost."

"Mmm, dash turkey."

And thus Lumi sat down beside @SpaceGhost and ate away at their turkey reserves.
-Shinji Moon

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 pm
View Likes
RubyRed says...

Knight Ruby's Conquests

Running into the Green Room Great Hall with god-speed, Knight Ruby finally found @Lumi, but was sadly out of breath. After a moment of silence, she took a deep breath and proclaimed, "Knight Lumi, I have returned to pronounce that I have indeed vanquished enough foe in the Green Room for my mighty sword of valor!"

And with that she grinned, and again caught her breath ready to be rewarded.
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Ink's Log

Knight Ink stepped inside the Great Hall, holding yet another scroll. With a gallant bow (one she managed without dropping her scroll), she declared, "I have returned from journeys in the Green Room and I am now eligible for a coat of arms!"
always daydreaming, always clumsy

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Knight Lumi, who had come under a slumbering hex from a local witch, snored as the blacksmiths ushered in the rewards for Knight @RubyRed and Knight @PrincessInk. Behind him, @LadyLizzLovelace and @Nikayla moved his arms and jaw with strings like a puppet while Knight @Rydia made a deep-sounding voice to imitate his.

"Lo ho ho, thou hast bested many beasts of green and greens of beastly valor! Take these, thy rewards, and be joyous as thou trounce once more into the fray!" She looked at the other two. "What is it he always says?"

"Clamor on, Knights!"

Rydia nodded and raised her voice!

"CLAMOR ON, KNIGHTS!" And Lizz threw Ye Olde Dr. Pepper in his face.
-Shinji Moon

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:46 am
Featherstone says...

Recently my name hath changed, and I therefore ask if my knightly title may also be changed so that instead of Knight Feather I am Knight Falcon, the fastest of all the beasts and a noble name of great valor and courage.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi