I’ll remind myself,
Never to wake up,
When you disappear.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:27 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

When you disappear was a great way to end it, I thought. A suggestion, that the second repetition (We’re falling away from/Falling so far from/Reality?) could be slightly different from the first one, maybe "so far away from reality"? This is the first lyric I've critiqued :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:57 am
Snip Snip says...

These are really beautiful lyrics. The name could be chnaged, because it seems... kind of plain, compared to the rest of the lyrics.

"Let’s pick at the scabs,
From the time our wounds wouldn’t heal. "

I like this line, but wayyyy to many people tend to use the "scab" thing, so I suggust you chnage it, if you don't want to sound cliche at all. I really like it though, excellent job! Sounds like lyrics I would expect from Otep. They have really poetic lyrics.
so give me all your poison,
and give me all your pills,
if this is what you want then
FIRE AT WILL

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:32 pm
Tara says...

It's always hard to critique song lyrics, because you don't know how the song goes, and alot of times things have to be written the way they are to fit a melody.

These were wonderful lyrics. The only thing I'd change was "Hold on to me tight," to "Hold me tight". It sounds a bit funny with the 'on to' if you say it out loud.

Good Job :D
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings