z

Young Writers Society

If I Were a DC Writer [NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES]

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:21 am
onceuponatim3xo says...

Your voice is absolutely gorgeous!! I loved listening to this song and never wanted it to end. Fantastic job! You're so talented, what with the violin, piano, singing and all...
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:49 pm
Jenthura says...

Wow. MMM's review is brutal, yet...amazing in a strange way. There is really nothing left to review after that. O_O
-ж-Ж-ж-

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm
Jas says...

Hey,

Werd Jenthura. Throughout the entire review I was like, 'Oh Jesus. This is an amazing review. This is a horrible review. Poor Jashy'.

~Jas
Last edited by Jas on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:47 pm
Jashael says...

Jas, I'm used with critics like these. It's part of being an artist. You don't let people drag you down just because they dislike you. He was right with this:

WELL, Jashy, it's time this happen. I knew it would. Hell, we all knew it would happen one day.

Better early than sooner.
Last edited by Jashael on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:57 pm
KnightlyAngel09 says...

Hey.:)

I think it's the first time I'll ever comment on one of your works but I've read a couple previously.

I really liked the song.:) The piano was absolutely beautiful and the lyrics were well written as well. I'd nitpick but when I heard the song I found that the way you wrote it made it flow well when you sang. When you go into the lower notes, do you realize you kind of sound like Kitchie Nadal?:) Anyway, I liked the package, music and lyrics, and the video was great as well.:) It took me a while to register that you were from the Philippines.XD I was like 'was that... a jeep?'. :))
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 pm
Kagi says...

Jashie :D

Another epic song. Can I be honest?

I didn't read the lyrics, I just watched the video. It's more fun! I'm sorry.

I like it though, I really do. The lyrics are moving, I would be crying right now if I had emotions. Which I don't. I have a stone cold heart. D:

Anyway, be proud and don#t let anyone put your work down~Its awesome! (Except the title) What has the title got to do with anything? I mean...DC?

Ignore me, I'm ignorant.
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

319 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 am
View Likes
Jashael says...

Mr. Meanie...

What a review! Thank you for your time scrutinizing my piece. I truly appreciate that. I thought though - as a music critic, and it was your job before - that you would understand it, and you would not be comparing me to people who already have been, with their music which already have been. (Wait, did that make sense? LOL)

But I suggest that you read more books about music, such as This is Music by David Randolph. If you don't have a copy, come here in the Philippines and I'll be glad to lend you my copy. =)

Jen, LOL He was joking about
D
E
A
T
H
before he did that. :lol: =) He was sure about it. O_o

Kaka,

It's a secret. :twisted: kidd', girl. I just don't want to spoon feed and force people to say, "Aaaah..." That's something people will have to figure out on their own. So far, no one's getting it. O_o Don't worry: I won't let people put me down. Thanks for the reminder, Ka! ;**

But be proud? O_o Oh, kaka... that's something else.

:lol:
Last edited by Jashael on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 am
purpleandblue22 says...

Over all, I definatly like it (and yes I will press the button when I'm done). The learics have meaning and are something orrigional, but they could use a little bit of editing. Your voice is definatly an alto. On those moments when you stepped off the suprano notes your voice really made an impression. Your high notes were verging on pitchy and getting close to the end of your range. I'm not saying stay well inside your comfort zone, but make sure you can still make your voice real and meaningfull.

And honestly, just because you wrote it when you were 14 does note make it bad; then again I'm 14, but really, anyone with ears can see it all came from deep inside (if that makes any sence).

Anyway, please keep singing and good luck!
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."Ralph Waldo Emerson

319 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 pm
Jashael says...

Hey, Purp. Thanks for the comments. I do need to practice my falsetto, eh? Hmmmf... I'm gettin' there... soon? (LOL)

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 am
SirenCymbaline says...

I love it so much. I wish- a great many things. I have a lovely voice (sorry for bragging, but how else are you supposed to know?) but I find it hard to actually write a song. You- soooooooooooooo aweeesooooooooooooooommmmmmmmme. Pay no attention to MMM, he's just being stupid. Though I agree that adding 'Oh' in a song is NOT cool. You are lucky. I don't have any real chances to let the world hear my voice.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:10 am
emalily says...

Wow everything about this song is so beautiful! The lyrics, the melody and the video is great!
Well done!
If I die young
bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river, at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song
<3

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 am
emalily says...

Oh and i forgot to say you have a beautiful voice!!
If I die young
bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river, at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song
<3

319 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:21 pm
Jashael says...

Annie, hey, thanks for checking out. Oh, you can always team up with any lyricist here at YWS! :D There are a lot of great songwriters out there looking for someone to sing their songs for them. ;)

Emalily, thanks. =)

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm
SmylinG says...

This is really great :) I loved your lyrics, but I was also curious to hear you sing them, so I looked you up on youtube. It was really sweet. You play piano beautifully, and your lyrics sound even better when you sing them. I love this part:

Oh, you can’t save me from my misery
Just like you can’t save yourself from yours
I am steady
Standing breathlessly
Fighting against the floor

You sang this part nicely. Well done! Pat on the back from me. Keep up the good work!

-Smyli ;P
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:32 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hello there Jash.
I wasn't really going to say anything because other users have said so much already, so mine's just a comment. Anyway, you are really talented! and that's why I felt compelled to say something. Your lyrics are also quite deep. I just hope that someone else notices your talent and you're discovered or something soon! :)
Anyway that's all I wanted to say. Good job.
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and THEN do your best.
— W. Edwards Deming