z

Young Writers Society

Slip My Mind

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:52 pm
timjim77 says...

Deleted. I don't remember ever being so emo and reading so much Carl Jung.
Last edited by timjim77 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:06 pm
Chevy says...

Seems like something Trapt or Linkin Park would sing...nothing wrong with that, of course. I think it would be very good with heavy guitars and a double bass. A little screaming would be nice, too. Definitely not a slow song, though.

Lyric wise, very...different...but that's what the industry is looking for. It's not a song that you could make it with on a first album, but maybe if you were to get like Nine Inch Nails or Beck (basically, the point of where you're so famous and filthy rich you can do whatever the heck you want to do) I think the song would do very well.

"Bridge:
The night is young
The night is Carl Jung
The night is Carl G. Jung"

I loved the Bridge the most even though I don't know who Carl G. Jung is (should I know?).

Well, actually now that I've read it again...this is the best part:

"I tie a string around my finger
And try not to cry
When I forget why"

Darn, Timjim--I should steal that!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:52 pm
Harley says...

It'd be really great with a killer guitar solo after the third chorus. Then the guitars should fade out and all you're left with is a drum beat for the bridge, to set the mood.

The lyrics are pretty cool, except that this part:

Life is a puzzle
But the pieces don’t fit
The whole mess is a sh!t

The last line is clunky and doesn't fit in with the rhyme scheme; it sounds too cliched for me, and this bit:

And all the world’s a symbol
But I feel it’s a closed oyster
A strange forbidden cloister

The rhyme sounds too forced; you should work on the symbol part on the first line and carry it through to the couplet.

Hope I've helped; the song's pretty Blink-182-ish which is a grrovy style I love, so, yeah, I liked this. And Chevy's right: that string-on-finger verse is great. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:29 pm
timjim77 says...

Harley wrote:It'd be really great with a killer guitar solo after the third chorus. Then the guitars should fade out and all you're left with is a drum beat for the bridge, to set the mood.

The lyrics are pretty cool, except that this part:

Life is a puzzle
But the pieces don’t fit
The whole mess is a sh!t

The last line is clunky and doesn't fit in with the rhyme scheme; it sounds too cliched for me, and this bit:

And all the world’s a symbol
But I feel it’s a closed oyster
A strange forbidden cloister

The rhyme sounds too forced; you should work on the symbol part on the first line and carry it through to the couplet.

Hope I've helped; the song's pretty Blink-182-ish which is a grrovy style I love, so, yeah, I liked this. And Chevy's right: that string-on-finger verse is great. :wink:

Wow, thanks. I totally agree with you, except on the blink-182 part. haha. it was actually an acoustic song, and while it is not really slow, it is a bit less poppy (or punky) than blink-182. Excuse me if you think blink-182 is not poppy or is heargfelt. Though there's nothing wrong with being poppy or not beong heartfelt, cause that's usually how I write most of my tunes.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Harley says...

Lol- personally i like Blink-182 and i think they're pretty punk-rocky but never mind :D

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:02 am
Tazy says...

So good i dont know what else to say
Just belive and you will acheive!

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:04 am
Armadian says...

Harley and Chevy got most of the critques. So well done.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:14 am
MaitrePrinceRebel says...

cloister is not a word is it? scraping the barrel a little bit if you ask me but it'll do...

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda