z

Young Writers Society

All Hope Is Gone

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 04, 2011 7:43 pm
AuthorOfMyLife says...

Removed per request of author
Last edited by AuthorOfMyLife on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- Gandhi

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed May 04, 2011 8:08 pm
silentwords says...

Well I'm not too sure how to critque lyrics, since I am not musically inclined. However, I did enjoy the lyrics. I think it could make a really good song. The story behind it was good and there was a lot of emotion. If you sing it with a lot of emotion as well, it will sound amazing (well in a sad way). I wasn't crazy about the bridge. Maybe it sounds better sung, but when I was reading it, it felt awkward. I don't know, but there was something I didn't really like. I think it was that the lines were all too similar. However, like I said, I don't write songs. You would have to see what it sounds like when you sing it, because maybe it sounds good like that. I'm not too sure :P
Anyways, I really enjoyed the lyrics and loved the emotion in it! :)
I'd like to think I'm creative... instead of just plain weird ;D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 04, 2011 8:21 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Good stuff! I like the chorus, though the first line, "How did we get this far" doesn't seem to really fit in with the rest of the chorus. I can imagine how this song might go, but knowing me, I probably have a really different idea of it than you did when you wrote this song. Oh, and mad and looking for some one to blame? I blame Karma. And my sister, but that' s different. :D I enjoyed reading this song -keep it up!
Formerly TheScratchMan.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed May 04, 2011 8:22 pm
geekchic says...

Hey there! I really like this! I can kinda imagine mellow piano for the first verse, drums for the chorus and then like piano, drums and guitar for the rest of the song. That may just me being a dork, but that was how I heard it in my head while reading the lyrics. :) Anyway this was a great piece- the lyrics were beautifully written and the message was great. Awesome work!
-Hope
Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.
-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica