Young Writers Society

and as for the bucket

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu May 04, 2023 12:54 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
PLUME. PLUME. this takes so much SKILL, so much TIME, and I cannot believe you followed it relentlessly all through NaPo, oh my god, I am in pure AWE of your poetry. As someone who is such a sucker for dark humor and morbid imagery, your thread absolutely hits the spot. I also love how some of the deaths seem perfectly realistic (black lung, hunger, the mother who died during birth) and then in others it's completely absurd but so deliciously dark. (hung herself with prayer beads??? bled himself out??? CARRIED AWAY BY A STORK???? !!!!!!) It's like that perfect emotional balance between black comedy and genuinely hard hitting tragedies.

The seaman from Clapton poem also reminded me so much of Titanic, not to mention, the singer from Wales reminded me so very much of this particular image from the Mean music video by Taylor Swift (in case you were ever curious as to how I envisioned that one poem
[spoiler]Image

Anyway, you did such an incredible job this April <3
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor