Young Writers Society

pine trees and plane trees and pavements and parks

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:01 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
i am in love with poems 8, 9, 12, 13, 18 and 24! A hefty list, yes, because I am just so impressed by how you manage to fit imagery that only spans a few lines, but sticks around for a long time after! I am definitely someone who's always wondering how to convey more with less, and your thread works as wonderful inspiration! I mean, comparing spring to a Dr. Seuss illustration? Describing code as if it had body parts to be fit in? "rubs the brain like roughened sedges" ????? (something about the phrasing for that line rubs my brain in such a good way so I am obsessed with it) AHHH!!! Just gorgeousness <333 you've done some incredible work here!
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:30 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

Thank you so much @Euphory!

---

I was determined to do not only 30 poems, but as close to one a day as I could get, but this last week has got away from me! I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to call an amnesty for myself, rather than try and force out the last five, and celebrate the 25 poems I wrote this month. 25 poems! Well done, self!

Thanks again to everyone who's been following along <3
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon May 01, 2023 7:33 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Spoiler! :
Totally worthy of celebrating 25 awesome poems Cadi! In these last few 22 was a perfect bittersweet reflection and I thought 25 was just so perfectly succinct too - you're great with word-economy and choosing your words carefully! Congratulations on your 25 poems, I enjoyed reading along this month!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja