Young Writers Society

BLESS THE CIRCLE OF LIFE [but don't dare speak of the dead]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:48 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

11. angel's sway
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:49 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:50 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

12. dishwashing made cruelty
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

13. DREAM BOY DAISY
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:53 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:55 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

14. death/chase chase/death

Spoiler! :
i do not know how to *title* but basically this is supposed to read as "death chase" or "chase death" and not. chase chase or death death. AH-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:39 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:40 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

15. love, hate, then nothing.

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

16. go down, in rue

70 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:33 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

17. the soul is but a room with crumbling wallpaper

Plain text version:
Spoiler! :
this is what i have learnt, dear - that the soul is but a room with crumbling wallpaper. my room is empty, except for me. when i talk to the walls, they echo back your name.

your room has fairies, all packaged wing luminescence and baby feet. why, i hear you hold tea parties together, 22:22, on the dot, everyday. one can only wonder if you hold the spirit of the universe inside of you too.

and yet, you don't know why i grow out my nails. when they come of age, i will sharpen them to fine points, then pierce them into the mottled skin of my back. i will dig twin trenches into either side of my vertebral column, like gaping gutters of flesh. the skin there, it will grow back with feathers.

for now, i practice by clawing at my wallpaper. biscuit paint chips drop to the floor as my nails drill through wet grime and weathered paper.

i promise you it will be worth it, i promise i will rip out all my wallpaper raw and lay it out as tablecloth for all the tea parties we will have.

i promise you there are feathers nestled under the bloodied bones of my spine. this is all so i can become one of your fairies after all, to live inside you the way you live inside me, through my wildest dreams and softest aches.

this is what i have learnt, dear - that i would ruin my soul to make a home out of yours.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Spoiler! :

God, I just love your metaphors about mundane tasks. They are FLAWLESS.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:55 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I'm back in here for a final comment (sorry for the double post, but not really sorry) to reiterate how much I enjoyed reading your thread this year. by far, one of my all time favorite NaPo threads of all time. Excellent work, I loved reading these.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown