z

Young Writers Society

2023 NaPo Information

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:19 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Look at you! You've already made it half-way through NaPo! Still plenty of April left to get your poetry in! :) You've got this, keep on writing and encouraging each other with those comments ~ so many beautiful poetry flowers in the orchard this year!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:43 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Extra, Extra— Read All About It!

There's something brand new this NaPo!

There's a new newsletter in town! Welcome to The Orchard, a special NaPo-only e-zine published by the poetry crew to help you have your best National Poetry Month yet!

Click the link above to check out the fourth edition! Enjoy!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:14 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Extra, Extra— Read All About It!

There's something brand new this NaPo!

There's a new newsletter in town! Welcome to The Orchard, a special NaPo-only e-zine published by the poetry crew to help you have your best National Poetry Month yet!

Click the link above to check out the fifth edition! Enjoy!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:18 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

The Orchard (LadySpark) is hosting several poetry jams this week so that y'all can make sure to grab your poetry jam badges before the month is up!

Don't forget, you can always host your own by posting a link on your wall and seeing who rolls through to visit! It doesn't have to be structured at all, just a meeting of the community to celebrate NaPo!

Tune in April 28th at 7pm Central Time Zone for a Vocal Poetry Jam. There's something a little different about this type of jam, everybody brings a poem they've written along with an audiorecording of themselves reading the poem out loud! It adds a great deal of dimension and vibrancy to poetry, and really helps us dig deep into how vocalizing our words can be so powerful.

On April 30th, I will be hosting an ALL-DAY Write In to celebrate the end of NaPo! This thread will be active all day and be chock full of surprises, fun prompts, and extra special celebration after such a fruitful month. I'll post the link early on the 30th (Central Time Zone).

I'm also hosting a contest to celebrate the end of NaPo and our full-of-poetry Green Room! If you're interested, you can check out more information here. Don't forget to send your list of April poetry reviews via PM to LadySpark by April 29th. The more reviews you have, the more chances you have to win some really great, review related prizes!
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1227 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:21 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Don't miss this sunny challenge coming up soon!

PoetryBot wrote:Here is where you can log your comments for the Sunshine Award mini-challenge! (you can make more than one post to log your efforts)

Time For Another NaPo Mini Challenge!

Sunshine Award

This challenge is to write the most unique comments in 24 hours in others NaPo threads!
The challenge time frame starts at - (Automatically Adjusted to you time zone) And Whoever wins get a 200 point prize! Make sure your comments are unique and try not to flood someone with comments to reach your goal.

Napo is almost over so this is a great time to encourage poets to cross the finish line and appreciate the amazing work they have already done!
So you are encouraged You're encouraged to use #ProlificPoeting here on the People's Tab to let us know your goals and keep us updated on your progress, and also to add updates to the submission thread throughout the course of the competition day!

Remember there is a 200-point prize awarded to the winner!

Good luck commenters! I hope your comments are helpful to these amazing poets and speed is on your side! ( there will be an announcement post when the competition starts

1227 Reviews

Mon May 01, 2023 6:57 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

we did it!

Congratulations NaPo Poets! You did it! Poems were written this month, encouragement shared, beautiful reflections made, and goals reached! No matter how many poems you wrote, thank you for participating and being part of what makes this month so fun every year. Thank you for supporting each other and cheering each other on! We especially had fun reading your Peoples Picks and assembling our PCrew Pick Hall of Fame which you should totally check out. Huge congratulations to those who completed 30 poems, or even achieved Poem A Day too! And a very big thank you to our Poetry Crew (Hijinks, Mesh, LadySpark, Plume, weathervane, Quillfeather, & tatteredbones) who ran such an incredible NaPo for us this year.

There's still time to leave comments and likes on people's threads or even give a #PeoplesPick shoutout if there's one you missed. As we wrap up April, please remember to claim your badges over in the badge information thread and update your links for comments / jams in the next two days (or reach out to a PCrew member if you have questions). Watch out for our 2023 NaPo Recap coming soon.

just 365 jam jars left!

1227 Reviews

Sat May 13, 2023 6:36 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

2023 NaPo Recap

All the badges for our 2023 National Poetry Writing Month have been awarded - if you think you were missed, please send a message to a PCrew member. And here's the 2023 NaPo Recap with all the final details from this year's NaPo!

In April 2023 between 55 Participants we were able to write 956 poems along with around 230 comments! 13 poets earned the "Poem A Day" Award and 18 poets were able to write 30 or more poems during the month. That is a lot of poetry! Congratulations to all this year's winners, encouragers, and participants, and a HUGE thank you to Poetry Crew (@Hijinks, @Meshugenah, @LadySpark, @Plume, @tatteredbones, @Quillfeather, @weathervane) for organizing such a wonderful month!

Join us again next year and keep sharing your poetry in the meantime!

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato