acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:20 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Spoiler! :
Hi Stringbean! The opening poem/definition for this thread is stunning - I literally cannot wait to see where you take this, and I think the idea of using obscure words and inspiration for poems is such a neat theme. The way you combine physical and geographic imagery in Lethologica is really effective; I think my favourite lines are "instead of running rivers / down the gullies in my throat" and "there is more truth here / in this obscurity / than there ever was / in this dry mouth of mine". like !!!! that is such a perfect way to tie the whole poem back to both the theme of the thread and the title of the poem. *chef's kiss*.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:57 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

Spoiler! :
Thanks so much, @Seirre !! School and stuff decided to get kind of crazy right at the beginning of the month, but I'm really hoping to have another poem up very soon!
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

"The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening