z

Young Writers Society

idk help:a napowrimo rookie thread

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

all contributions will go towards my poetry book: "Excerpts From a Novel I'll Never Write"
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:25 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

day one

isolation

The problem with me is that I am an explosion of everything compacted into one small human. I am a ticking time bomb counting down the moments to my next heartbreak, and let me tell you, there isn't very much time on the clock. Some may call me a liability, never sure how much they can take before I break into a million pieces before their eyes.

I love too big, too fiercely. I love too much. That's always been a phrase that didn't make sense to me. How can one love too much? How can one say that it’s better for a human to give you only half of their love, only a percentage, rather than their all? Is that not what everyone wants? To be loved to the fullest?

It’s ironically necessary for me to wear a “Caution: Do Not Touch” sign although what I crave most is human contact. I feel as though my spirit might die in isolation, so which do I choose? Am I selfish, and continue to need the ones I hurt, or am I selfless? Do I lose myself to the black void of loneliness for the sake of those around me?

Somehow I know isolation is the only way to save everyone from my downfall. The scattered pieces of my heart like glass cut so deeply the ones I love, leaving us both with open wounds that seem to only sting worse with the salt of time. I am not myself without love, yet being selfish is not in my nature either.

So is there really no hope for me? I really am alone.
- excerpt from a novel i’ll never write #14
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

It's not nice to roast people when they're out of comebacks.
— Tuckster