No votes
SKITTLES! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
32%

Total votes : 19

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 am
AEChronicle says...

The name tells it...actually, no it doesn't.

Yes, this contest revolves around Skittles. I love them, and happened to have just downed an entire 14oz bag in one sitting. Now, my head is floating high in the rainbows, which is probably why I was silly enough to start this contest.

The theme for this contest is, obviously, Skittles! Your work must revolve around Skittles in some way shape or form. You can be creative and tricky, just make sure that it's good. For example: writing a story about a chihuahua named Skittles would be okay. Writing a story about a chihuahua who ate as many Skittles as I did and got sick and died would be okay. Writing a story about a chihuahua who sniffed a bag of skittles once, then went off to the living room to pee on the carpet and eat some dog food would not be okay.

Rules:

1. All types and genres for this contest are accepted, except for long novels/chapters, and adult erotica (not that anyone would pervert these beautiful Skittles that way but, you never know.)

2. The contest officially begins at 12:00 am MST on January 29th. That's when we will start admitting submissions. If you submit something before that...we'll probably let it through :)

3. The deadline for the contest is 12:00 pm MST on February 4th, that's this coming Tuesday. That's only a week, but, being my first contest, it doesn't need to be anything spectacular.

4. We would like you to keep your word count below 2,500 words, as that's pretty long. If you feel like you need to approach this border, or pass it, be advised that it better be good, as the judges will be more critical of a long submission like that.

5. And, for the most important part, this forum is NOT the place to post your submissions! You can post comments or questions or suggestions here, but to submit a work, you will need to go to this link; Skittles Contest

If you have any questions about the contest itself, you can post them in this forum, or simply PM me, AEChronicle, and ask your questions.

Rewards:

Grand Prize: 1,000 points, a silly gift, and User Spammed by me! (That means that I will go and review most of your works-unless you have five hundred-instead of reviewing other things for awhile.)

1st Place: 750 points, a silly gift, and 5 reviews on 5 of your works. Your choice which ones I review.

2nd Place: 500 points, a silly gift, and 3 reviews on 3 of your works. Your choice which ones I review.

3rd Place: 250 points, a silly gift, and 1 review on 1 of your works. Your choice which one I review.

Note: I am addicted to reading, so if your work is good, even if you only win 3rd place, or don't even place, I may start stalking you as I try to get my 'drug.' Seriously, I think I'm addicted to it.

And one last thing. I have created a club specifically to run writing contests. At this moment, we have four judges. If you would like to become one of the judges, you may apply in the Judge Positions topic in the forums of the club. But, whatever you do, please subscribe to the club so it's easier to do these contests. Here's the link: Contested Corner

-AE-
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:24 pm
SheaKay says...

Can I enter a Fanfiction oneshot? (Short story, Single.)
"You're strange."
Wrong. I am my own brand of Normal.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 pm
deleted30 says...

No adult erotica? Darn you, AE! :wink:

In the same vein as SheaKay's question, can you base your story off, say, a fairy tale? Like Little Red Riding Hood or Hansel and Gretel, for instance. Or does it have to be 100% original?

And can you submit more than one thing? Not that I'll necessarily be able to whip out two entries considering I only have like a day left (bad me for not getting on this sooner!), but I'm crazy bored so the more things I get to write, the better. :smt003

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 am
AEChronicle says...

I think basing your story off of another story, but integrating Skittles would be great! And yes, you can submit more than one work, but only one will be chosen as a finalist. If you have three works and they all make the top three, then we will take out the second and third place one's and allow someone else's work to take its place.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

grammar is hard and i dislike it immensely
— Icon