z

Young Writers Society

Contests!

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:55 pm
AEChronicle says...

Everybody likes contests!

I have noticed a lack of fun contests on this site. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but, in any case, I've decided to start doing my own.

I've created a group, Contested Corner-link is below, where I will be hosting at least one contest a week. The contest genres will range from Creative Shorts, to Cynical Poetry, to flat as soda without fizz Historical Non-fiction. All of the contests are free to enter, which means the prizes won't be great, but I think we can all enjoy just having a bit of fun in the name of competition.

If you're interested in participating, once or twice or long term, please visit the club and subscribe to it. More details will be coming soon.

Contested Corner

Thanks, -AE-
Last edited by AEChronicle on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:46 pm
Aley says...

If you go into the lounge and look at the top, you can find all of the YWS contests currently going on.

While you're right there aren't many active contests, there is a small selection of fun ones such as:
Picture Prompts!
Song Poems Contest
and
Song Short Stories!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:25 am
Iggy says...

I'm going to move this to the Contest forum. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief